AG Civil Rights Lawsuit

Thanks to Comm2a, GOAL, and the NRA for taking on Fuhner Healey in Federal court. May the 2nd amendment be preserved! This is a direct challenge to the assault weapons ban.

Comm2a just announced it on colion Noir live. I'm sure you'll be reading plenty about it soon enough

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's a challenge to the assault weapons ban, magazine capacity restrictions, and the July 20th enforcement notice

What do we think the chances of a win are? Or am I putting the cart before the horse on this one?

Excellent news.

Thank you COMM2A, GOAL, and the NRA!

For those who want more info, tonights episode of Colion Noir for the interview with Brent.

To all of those who say "don't bother with the NRA, they think MA is a lost cause" no hard feelings but looks like they're making good.

Protests and marches are great but ultimately you gotta beat them in the courts. That's the only way to truly win against these fascists

WTF? The headline is NRA files lawsuit? I know they are helping but I never saw their name on the filed suit. And the comments, holy hell do people need to learn some basic things about firearms. The amount of stupidity is overwhelming. There are people out there being stupid so passionately and with enthusiasm for just being stupid.

WTF? The headline is NRA files lawsuit? I know they are helping but I never saw their name on the filed suit. And the comments, holy hell do people need to learn some basic things about firearms. The amount of stupidity is overwhelming. There are people out there being stupid so passionately and with enthusiasm for just being stupid.

Yes, yes it is. The article is also titled "Mass chapter of NRA files lawsuit..." which is accurate. GOAL is listed on the lawsuit.

Wow... reading those comments made my eyes bleed. I can't... well actually I can, believe that mass has been that infected with "progressive" thought, complete with lack of logic. These idiots are completely clueless... baffling.

Yes, yes it is. The article is also titled "Mass chapter of NRA files lawsuit..." which is accurate. GOAL is listed on the lawsuit.
I understand but the didn't put GOAL on the headline for a reason. I bet Healey told them to use NRA instead.

I sent $50 today - this is awesome !!!!

Also, Maura (we all know you or your minions are reading this) - if you had left well enough alone, I bet this wouldn't have been filed. YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF - and with a President Trump in office. Of course, you don't really care about any of this. You have your sights on the corner office and this whole exercise has gotten a good chunk of Charlie voters to never vote for him again (including me).

That's what stupid passionate antis do. I will say it again, you can't fix stupid..

That's what stupid passionate antis do. I will say it again, you can't fix stupid..

Yeah, sometimes people really need to take their own advice. In this case, you should probably read the full headline and the first page of the case.

But as you said, you can't fix stupid.

What do we think the chances of a win are? Or am I putting the cart before the horse on this one?

Excellent news.
In the first district court of MA? Approximately a 0.00000000007% chance of winning. The first district court will dismiss the case, saying that the subjects of MA need to shut up and be glad that they aren't being rounded up yet. It will get appealed to the SCOTUS. Trump will have at least one justice on the bench there by that time, so our chances go up a little bit.

For a Globe article, it was fairly factual, and kept the hyperbole to a minimum. I did focus on this line, a quote from the AG's spokeswoman:

“Since our office issued the enforcement guidance last July, sales of illegal assault weapons have ended in Massachusetts,” Fennimore wrote in an e-mail.

Well, yes..... because the AG radically changed/expanded the interpretation of the law! For the past 18 years the law was interpreted by her predecessors one way. Overnight, she changed that. Without legislative action (you know, the branch of government that actually writes laws) and without input from the citizens who would be affected by her new interpretation. I find that infuriating.

I know that I'm just echoing what most other people on NES believe. I'm just glad that the plaintiffs have taken this action, because it's apparent that our legislators don't have the guts to call her on this. I'm also glad that it's classified as a Civil Right's violation, because that's exactly what it is.

I wish the plaintiffs in this case the best of luck. I have financially supported the groups involved in this to the best of my ability in the past, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Also, reading comments in The Globe is about as much fun as removing your eyebrows with a cheese grater. [wink][laugh]

Back
Top Bottom