• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Aftermarket Glock barrels

appraiser

NES Member
I have a Glock 22 (.40 S&W) and am acquiring a Glock 31 (.357 sig)

I am looking to convert the 31 so it is also .40 S&W by replacing the barrel

I have heard the Glock .40 Barrel is a tad weak so it is not an option.

I have a KKM Precision barrel in my Glock 22, and unfortunately the previous owner gave the stock Glock barrel away to a friend in need so it was not part of the deal when I purchased the weapon.

This Glock31(soon to be a 22 clone) is not going to see the amount of rounds the Glock 22 will see. My current Glock 22 has a Crimson Trace laser and adjustable target sights in addition to the KKM barrel. My plan is to move the Crimson trace laser over to the GLOCK 31, and put a .40 barrel in it.

So here is the 64 dollar question. Do I drop the big money and go for another KKM barrel, or cheap out a little and purchase a Storm Lake barrel?

Does anyone have an opinion on the Storm Lake product line? Any opinion on the Lone Wolf Barrels?

Last edited:
Check out Barsto. They have a lot of options (conversion, porting, threading) and they can shoot lead. Generally, you get what you pay for. The factory ones are cheap enough also if cost is your only deciding factor.

The KKM is the most expensive, the storm lake and lone wolf are about 100 each, with some bad reviews online about Storm lake so they are now out of the running.

Lone Wolf has good reviews.

The Glock factory barrel is mid priced between the aftermarkets I have mentioned, but I have seen too many threads on .40 Glocks going BOOM with factory barrels.

This gun will see nothing but quality ammo and is going to be my first floor "go get" gun.

the Barsto is a bit out of my price range

Last edited:
If you have the extra cash and want to get the more expensive bbl then that should work for you. I bought a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion bbl for my G22 and it has been accurate and dependable. I would recommend this bbl to anyone looking for a new Glock bbl.

Bbls.

Good posts, I am about to snag a CCF Frame and mount up a 22 top end, I would like to stick a 9mm barrel in. Looks like this can be done by the posts here.

Andy

Good posts, I am about to snag a CCF Frame and mount up a 22 top end, I would like to stick a 9mm barrel in. Looks like this can be done by the posts here.

Andy
You'll need a special ".40S&W to 9mm" conversion barrel as the G22 and G17 barrels are different outside diameters. Lone Wolf Distributors makes and sells them and they are really decent.

Will this be used for fun or for defensive purposes? If the latter, be aware that aftermarket barrels have tighter chambers than Glock OEM and feeding/extraction reliability can suffer. Some people claim they have no problems, but quite a few do. It's the price you pay for greater accuracy.

You'll need a special ".40S&W to 9mm" conversion barrel as the G22 and G17 barrels are different outside diameters. Lone Wolf Distributors makes and sells them and they are really decent.

I have read that to go from .40 to 9mm you need to have a 9mm extractor and a 9mm ejector as well. At least if you want it for self defense. There are a few threads on GlockTalk about this.

Last time I looked Barsto was in the $200 range and they do make a very nice replacement barrel. I've had several in various pistols and they were drop in for the most part. Had to send a Hi Power back to get it to fit. Match grade tolerances to boot.

Back
Top Bottom