• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

After years of shipping to Mass, SOG goes out of business

wow.... that sucks, they where my go to place for C&R stuff back in the early 2000's Unfortunately the days of cheap and plentiful surplus are over!!

If I was allowed to advertise that fact, perhaps they would have sold enough to STAY in business.

Or maybe not.

I should have asked them, like was done with Target Sports.

Absolutely, how do us law abiding members of NES find out about who will ship to MA (excluding TSUSA, with whom I’m a customer), without alerting the Maura Gestapo / KGB? Spreading our $$$ around might help some of the folks stay in business.

They where starting to fall slowly....theres just not enough stuff coming in. Samco global had some nice stuff also and they went belly up. SOG has not had much of anything for about 8 years. I picked up most of my C&R stuff from them.
I just hope they went out with a plan and some money.

I figured something was up when i had not had a email from them in years.

Very Sad...they were really slowing down the past 2 years. There was very little left in inventory. I remember the old shotgun news adds were great.

MAS_OldAds.JPG

Well that sucks. I bought a CZ-82, Star model B, and a SKS from them not too long ago - all of which I've sold.

I had assumed that this was coming, as they didn't have any firearms listed and seemed to be selling off surplus gear for cut-rate prices these last few weeks.

I imagine the C&R business is not nearly as viable as it once was.

I think I picked up 2 CZ52's years ago from them. There were so many vendors.

Back in the day. . . . 2000-2002ish, there was a guy in FL. Russian guy. Had Russian (I think) Makarov's. $110 each. Mail order only. I missed the LAST one by one guy waiting for my C&R. I even called before I overnighted my stuff. "You still have Makarov?" "Da!" 2 days later, I get an email, "Sorry, sold out - shipping your stuff back." :(. I picked up an EG for about the same money instead.

I still have an old SGN from back in that time period - if only to browse and remember. Heck, that was the time when NO ONE would buy surplus Japanese stuff because the ammo was too hard to obtain. Pennies on the dollar versus today's prices. "Has mum mark. Held by the Emperor himself in 1943. Contains attached verified DNA of Emperor where he cut himself on the bayonet. Picture of Emperor firing THIS VERY GUN with close-up of serial #. Your price. . . . . . . $17.95!"

If you poke around you will a few more vendors have very very slim pickings.
If you have not checked your favorite CR sources in some years you maybe sad when you do

I remember getting com-bloc AK mags for $5ea from Tapco. And $7 or $8 Circle-10's as well. And 30rd fixed mags for your SKS. It was the time of the AK back then for sure during the federal AWB.

I bought a few things from them years ago.
But, as the C&R/milsurp supply became scarcer and more expensive
I didn't even bother with renewing my C&R last time around.

Looking back what was available through the years, I regret not having
bought more when the supply and price was right.

Wayback Machine

I bought a few things from them years ago.
But, as the C&R/milsurp supply became scarcer and more expensive
I didn't even bother with renewing my C&R last time around.

Looking back what was available through the years, I regret not having
bought more when the supply and price was right.

Wayback Machine
Off topic:
Wow. How have I never heard of Wayback Machine?? Thanks for posting that. Found some really cool stuff on the old Dan Wesson website.

Big fan of Southern Ohio Gunworks. RIP. Prayers sent...

Sad to see them go.

Never bought from them, but used to get their fliers monthly. Tried to buy a CETME from them thru Four Seasons back in 2001. They cancelled the order 3 times without telling me why . . . finally they claimed that they couldn't ship any semi-auto rifles to Mass! I gave up on them at that point.

Man, I bought tons of ammo from them because they were one of the first companies I learned about that shipped here. Great company. Too bad they are gone.

I bought a bunch of cases of .223 and .308 from them. I remember the .308 being $ 100.00 per 100 round case. Good stuff too, but pretty warm, from Portugal.

Sad thing is I think we may have seen the last of the C&R stuff due to time and the UN Arms Reduction Treaty leading to the demise of old stockpiles in addition to the prohibition on the resale on full-auto rifles even if permanently converted to semi-auto only.

Sad thing is I think we may have seen the last of the C&R stuff due to time and the UN Arms Reduction Treaty leading to the demise of old stockpiles in addition to the prohibition on the resale on full-auto rifles even if permanently converted to semi-auto only.

I think Four Seasons has handguns from time to time they will only sell to C&R's?

Brownell's still offers C&R Discounts, too.

Back
Top Bottom