After Massachusetts dog walker surrounded by pack of coyotes, police offer tips

Dressed to Kill

NES Member

Helpful tips from the Swampscott Police curious enough no mention of carrying a pistol to protect yourself or your pet.

There are several tools that you can carry with you while walking your dog that can be used to repel coyotes. These include:

• Homemade noisemakers
• Whistle or small air horn
• Squirt guns
• Pepper spray
• Sticks or other objects to throw towards (but not at) the coyote

Remember kids throw sticks & other objects towards but not at the coyote :rolleyes: or call police with guns to solve your problem and hopefully they'll get there in time.

Our local coy-wolf pack is one reason I am glad standard capacity magazines are unrestricted up here.

well, we carry pots and pans with us to make noise when we walk the dog, and if so inclined, we could also whip up a nice peach cobbler on the walk as well….so there’s that.

Last edited:
I just laugh the idiots get what they deserve maybe if they didn’t kill trapping in Massachusetts coyote population would be in check
IMG-3248.jpg

I literally see coyotes in my neighborhood all the time. there were two packs of them living within 1/4 mile of my house in opposite directions.
Many of my elder neighbors called the police, and or animal control out of fear.

Yet my liberal city officials basically threatened the resident taxpayers; stating you better not do anything to them!
The coyotes have just as much right to live in our city as you; hence my residential city is also a sanctuary city for illegal aliens.

I often was my dog, with this little beauty concealed.

@Coyote33 is this you and your dog on the news? lol I seem to remember several questions about this same scenario lately.

This guy in the interview, how embarrassing. “So I was surrounded by a pack of 9 coyotes, and I got my iPhone out and turned on the flashlight.”
Ya. That’ll teach em.

We are absolutely doomed as a species unless we start acting like men again.

Our local coy-wolf pack is one reason I am glad standard capacity magazines are unrestricted up here.
Even for people under the thumb of Massachusetts can make do with 10 rounds, dropping one coyote would get the group to disperse I'd think, but either way anyone that goes into the woods deep is an idiot to not to be armed

View attachment 674267

I literally see coyotes in my neighborhood all the time. there were two packs of them living within 1/4 mile of my house in opposite directions.
Many of my elder neighbors called the police, and or animal control out of fear.

Yet my liberal city officials basically threatened the resident taxpayers; stating you better not do anything to them!
The coyotes have just as much right to live in our city as you; hence my residential city is also a sanctuary city for illegal aliens.

I often was my dog, with this little beauty concealed.
I want one of those for the range, but for me it's a little big for pocket carry. This little baby is tiny and light, but makes a big boom and flash.

Attachments

• S&W 351PD.jpg
    S&W 351PD.jpg
    915.2 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom