• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

After Massachusetts dog walker surrounded by pack of coyotes, police offer tips

How quickly would your LTC get pulled if you shot a coyote in this neighborhood?

View attachment 674270
Another advantage of revolvers: no incriminating brass to worry about. You immediately skedaddle with your doggo and say "no, I didn't hear anything" to anyone you might see on the way out. ;)

So no dog shooting recommended? I mean, if it's wandering around you, you can't use standard police tactic?

Call the ATF

My second cousin had her dog attacked a couple months back. Same story. Multiple calls to the local LEO prior, as they made several attempts over time. Nothing they would do. But, you better not shoot them. Her dog almost died. She fought them enough to get away. Which is suprising as she is a disabled Vet.

Another advantage of revolvers: no incriminating brass to worry about. You immediately skedaddle with your doggo and say "no, I didn't hear anything" to anyone you might see on the way out. ;)
The opposite, you run away and tell people "I think I heard a gun shot over there, did you hear it to? ... I am getting out of here" ... distressed voice.

Last edited:
How quickly would your LTC get pulled if you shot a coyote in this neighborhood?

View attachment 674270
Due to an incident that my Wife and her friend had, I inquired and was told that unless one of the woman had bite marks from an animal, I would have been prosecuted if I shot the attacking animal. This was in MA.

We just finished attending a citizen's police academy in NH and unfortunately I confirmed basically the same response up here in Free America!

OC you can probably get away with but there better be bite marks before you use deadly force on a wild animal, or else you stand a good chance of going to jail.

Due to an incident that my Wife and her friend had, I inquired and was told that unless one of the woman had bite marks from an animal, I would have been prosecuted if I shot the attacking animal. This was in MA.

We just finished attending a citizen's police academy in NH and unfortunately I confirmed basically the same response up here in Free America!

OC you can probably get away with but there better be bite marks before you use deadly force on a wild animal, or else you stand a good chance of going to jail.
I bet poquito perro would not get such fair treatment in a LE encounter.

Helpful tips from the Swampscott Police curious enough no mention of carrying a pistol to protect yourself or your pet.

There are several tools that you can carry with you while walking your dog that can be used to repel coyotes. These include:

• Homemade noisemakers
• Whistle or small air horn
• Squirt guns
• Pepper spray
• Sticks or other objects to throw towards (but not at) the coyote

Remember kids throw sticks & other objects towards but not at the coyote :rolleyes: or call police with guns to solve your problem and hopefully they'll get there in time.
You forgot a rape whistle

My cousin got chewed up. Hers hands took the brunt of the attack back in July. Still told. No shooting. They still haven't done anything. Others had been attacked as well. One another dog needed to be put down. Cousins dog just turned 9 months and can walk now.

Just get a license...

FURBEARER DATES AND BAG LIMITS 2022-2023
Species
Season dates
Bag Limit
WMUs
Gray fox, Red fox, Opossum, Skunk, Raccoon
Sept. 1 - Mar. 31​
No​
Statewide​
Fisher
(Sealing by Conservation Officer required within 10 days of close of season)
Dec. 1 - Dec. 31 (by traps)
Dec. 1 - Jan. 31 (by firearms or bow and arrow)​
2 per season; statewide limit *
Muskrat, Mink, Weasel
Oct. 15 - April 10​
No limit
A - F​
Nov. 1 - April 10​
G - M​
Coyote
No closed season
No​
Statewide​
Coyote night hunting (Written landowner permission required)
Jan.1 - Mar. 31​
No​
Statewide​
* The statewide daily and season bag limit is 2 fisher per hunter (combined with trapping).

I just laugh the idiots get what they deserve maybe if they didn’t kill trapping in Massachusetts coyote population would be in check
Correct, why a grown man would walk some little fu fu dog that is nothing but bait for a coyote is beyond me. I see them all the time and want to ask them why they don't have a real dog. We predicted this years ago so the sheeple get what they deserve. You don't want trappers eliminating coyotes, don't walk your little dog then. Coyotes are people too and need to eat. [rofl] Maybe the libs should give them EBT cards, that would fix the problem.

This worked for Hayley Mills (and Hayley Mills) keeping mountain lions away. Maybe works on 'yotes, too.
sticks.JPG

584598-0710be76ee0a735cdba7b63c46b6e6f8.jpg
Looking at the neighborhood pictured above, City cops would be up in your business due to the "compact part" law, not taking wildlife, and there's good cause not to wait to get bitten before taking action.

We have a year round open season on coyote,. New Hampshire Fish & Game has repeatedly told me "Do what you've got to do".

Back
Top Bottom