After market sight sizing

Dadof3Girlz

NES Member
I'm looking to get a new set of sights for my springfield armory range officer elite champion 9mm 1911. This model has a fixed rear sight with no night sight and a fiber optic front sight. This is my carry and I want to get night sights for but I can't find anything about size to get for it.

Does anyone have any direction they could send me or maybe a gunsmith in the Merrimack Valley area that could help me?

Thank you in advance!

If they’re fixed sights, then you’re likely to going to have to drill them out and get new ones permanently placed.

As far as North Shore/Merrimack armorers, Northeast Arms in Peabody or Precision Point in Woburn are where I’d start.

I'm looking to get a new set of sights for my springfield armory range officer elite champion 9mm 1911. This model has a fixed rear sight with no night sight and a fiber optic front sight. This is my carry and I want to get night sights for but I can't find anything about size to get for it.

Does anyone have any direction they could send me or maybe a gunsmith in the Merrimack Valley area that could help me?

Thank you in advance!
Reach out to steve at northeast arms in Peabody. @sschevy

Thank you in advance!
only advice I have is be aware of the dovetail cut on your pistol...they are not all the same.

The rear sight on the gun is not fixed , but the front sight is

the front sight can be replaced but needs to be swedged on the inside with a special fixture and tool, to add To that Springfield uses a non standard post that’s exclusive to their pistols

we install them on a regular basis at Northeast arms in Peabody and have a source for the Springfield sized sights but the options are limited because of the post size

Back
Top Bottom