African-American libertarian, gun rights activist: 'What I love about President Trump'

Reptile

NES Member
"What I love about President Trump is — right, wrong or indifferent, you're going to know exactly where he stands... And I think that the American people want more politicians in that vein," said Maj Toure, who is one of the most prominent African-American libertarianactivists in the country.

Toure is also the founder of Black Guns Matter, a gun rights group that "educates people in urban communities in all 50 states on their Second Amendment rights and responsibilities through firearms training and education," according to its website.

On Fox Nation's "Keeping Up With Jones," host Lawrence Jones sat down with Toure to discuss his politics and what they both see as an opportunity for libertarian and conservative groups to appeal to African-Americans.

"I was raised Democrat," said Toure. "Gravitated to Republican, gravitated to more conservative and liberty-based ideology. So naturally, you wound up going in the direction of libertarian ... libertarian and conservative minds have some of the most deep philosophical understandings of freedom and liberty."

Libertarians are their own worst enemy, see post above.

Normally id agree, but on his defence, this is a sentence that would never come out the mouth of a libertarian. Conservatives value and udnerstand freedom as much as liberals do:

"...conservative minds have some of the most deep philosophical understandings of freedom and liberty."

I really wanted to like Maj.... I talked to him on Instagram when he was coming up...

But something about him pings my spidey senses. I don't know what it is. He just has a shady hustler vibe

I went from D > R > Libertarian > nothing, all the labels are dumb and when you get near others that call themselves libertarians they just want to have a battle over who is more pure.

I really wanted to like Maj....
Same here.

But something about him pings my spidey senses. I don't know what it is. He just has a shady hustler vibe
You mean like going on paid speaking gigs instead of campaigning? And using them as a pulpit to complain about how unfairly he was being treated? And to take thoroughly un-libertarian positions on immigration?

Yeah, that's when I saw what he was.

He's not a libertarian.
Hey Kevin, wasn't he supposed to be a Featured Speaker @ Porcfest?
My wife & I wanted to hear him, but he disappeared off of the schedule.
I know the best Firearms discussion was Gun Communities in the Free State,
with Tony Lekas and his expert Panelist's. Sorry I missed it, I'll catch it next year.

Hey Kevin, wasn't he supposed to be a Featured Speaker @ Porcfest?
My wife & I wanted to hear him, but he disappeared off of the schedule.
He was. I don't know what happened, but I don't pay much attention to the PF celebritarian docket.

I know the best Firearms discussion was Gun Communities in the Free State,
with Tony Lekas and his expert Panelist's. Sorry I missed it, I'll catch it next year.
As one of those panelists, I thank you. ;)

The "Beginner Shoot" the next day was also great. Not everyone was a beginner, but the true newbies (especially kids) got first priority and the most attention. My favorite was the 6yo girl from UK who sat there with a Crickett rifle and banged steel all day long while one of our instructors patiently fed her ammo and encouraged her. :)

Normally id agree, but on his defence, this is a sentence that would never come out the mouth of a libertarian. Conservatives value and udnerstand freedom as much as liberals do:

"...conservative minds have some of the most deep philosophical understandings of freedom and liberty."

well you cant just throw that out there without explanation. Dish, man!

I went from D > R > Libertarian > nothing, all the labels are dumb and when you get near others that call themselves libertarians they just want to have a battle over who is more pure.

I also like not fitting into a convenient bucket for simplistic one dimensional analysis. I voted democrat when I was young because I thought it was cool (it wasn't). Then I voted republican and tried them out. I was okay until the bible thumping started. I tried libertarian, but although I for the most part believe in a live and let live world, I'm not quite onboard with saying it's okay if my neighbors want to to turn their home into a meth lab.

I kept the (r) after my name over the years just because I'm too lazy to change my party affiliation in voting records. It's just not that important. One thing I have noticed over the years is that the political left has long wandered off the reservation. To them Karl Marx would be a far right republican. These people are the purest form of authoritarians I think this country ever produced. There hasn't been any seismic shift in the American population even when the vote in a democrat. I think a lot of times it happens when a bad republican is picked to run. So it looks like a shift, but it isn't it's simply a lack of options.

I support Donald Trump not because I think he's a genius and also part blowhard, but let's be honest. The rest of the field is filled with utterly insane people, that's including 3rd party as well. Trump seems like the only stable person capable of running the country right now. The rest of the field are people with no moral or ethical compass. The libertarian convention in 2016 was the biggest joke I had ever seen. The nominees came straight out of Alice in Wonderland and the guy they did end up nominating was unquestionably not a libertarian, but wanted to run what might be the best 3rd party ticket with a chance for maybe 1 electoral vote.

So here I sit, essentially no home to call my own. I for the most part vote (r) whenever possible which is just about impossible in Massachusetts. I just look forward to the day when I have the for sale sign on the front lawn to get away from this steamy mess.

Back
Top Bottom