Afghanistan report- US government has misled the public for 20 years

caboose84

NES Member
Sweating my nuts off in SouthWest Florida!
The initial report is in The Washington Post, which does a paywall and since it's notoriously left wing I'd rather not give web hits to. They are calling it "The Afghanistan Papers" as usual older lefties trading on past "glories".

This is a related article from the New York Post- Afghanistan bombshell: Report shows US officials misled public about war for nearly 2 decades

Basically our strategy has never been coherent, all reports of success have been pretty much lies.

Longest war in US history, ~2400 dead, ~20k wounded, about $1 trillion spent. And the war is essentially unwinnable.

great training ground for our Infantry and Spec Ops units and that's how we should treat the country. We don't have the stomach to go in and kill everyone we need to to disinfect the country of their perverse "culture".

When we went into Afghanistan, I knew this would be a quagmire and told several of my friends who had been special forces as much. They agreed, basically saying if Russia was in there before us, and they're not beholding to NATO rules of engagement, and couldn't get the job done, how are we going to do it? We need to cut our losses, get out, and leave it to the next country that wants to give it a shot, as it were.

Last edited:
When did become a war?
Last War USA was involved with was WWII
its either , asset protection, police action or practice. ?
The “war” machine is huge $$$ has to be something going on to have a need for continued funding.

Waste of Lives Money and Time. Should have Moab’d The crap out of them and kept doing so until they cut the crap. Being there is just waiting to get shot or blown up. Russians couldn’t do it, China doesn’t care. Neither should we.

We don't have the stomach to go in and kill everyone we need to to disinfect the country of their perverse "culture".

Wow where to start?

The Soviets basically did this. They killed everyone and anyone they thought wasn't a thing worth keeping around. The Afghans fooled them. And it didn't work out well for either side.

Speaking of perverse culture, people like me would stand in the way to stop people like you from committing genocide. It wouldn't be the 1st time I sat between a loser and a group of vulnerable people being run through a genocide.

Best is: If Trump pulls us out, the Left is going to lose its mind. LOL. Just like when he decided to pull troops from the M/E a couple of months ago. It's all about the messenger.

Concur about the OBL statement. Once that was over, it was over.

What we need is to find alternative fuels and tell the entire M/E to go figure themselves out and leave us the F out of it.

all reports of success have been pretty much lies.

when-i-hear-someone-say-the-government-would-never-do-60373750.png

What we need is to find alternative fuels and tell the entire M/E to go figure themselves out and leave us the F out of it.

We are (or will be shortly, depending on who you ask) already a net energy exporter thanks to Trump and fracking. With alternative energies, we can go even higher. If only libtarded states like NY would allow fracking, it would happen even faster.

great training ground for our Infantry and Spec Ops units and that's how we should treat the country. We don't have the stomach to go in and kill everyone we need to to disinfect the country of their perverse "culture".

About the only good thing to come out of Afghanistan is some really great surplus gear...

Wow where to start?

The Soviets basically did this. They killed everyone and anyone they thought wasn't a thing worth keeping around. The Afghans fooled them. And it didn't work out well for either side.

Speaking of perverse culture, people like me would stand in the way to stop people like you from committing genocide. It wouldn't be the 1st time I sat between a loser and a group of vulnerable people being run through a genocide.
So you're big on sodomizing teenage boys and treating women like dirt? You're a big fan of the Taliban destroying Afghan culture? What "genocide"?

Wow where to start?

Me Too, only the Muslims I was protecting were civilized and didn't think sodomizing teenage boys was preferable to having sex with women. They also liked the US and Western Civ and wanted capitalism in their country rather than the Soviet style Five Year Plan and govt. run industries.

Holy strawman
What "strawman"? Tell me what aspects of "Afghan culture" would you like to preserve? IED's? Suicide bombers? Preventing women from going to school? Keeping their "culture" in the stone age and fighting just for the sake of fighting the infidel?

What "strawman"? Tell me what aspects of "Afghan culture" would you like to preserve? IED's? Suicide bombers? Preventing women from going to school? Keeping their "culture" in the stone age and fighting just for the sake of fighting the infidel?

So using your logic we stop the prevention of girls going to school along with violence on women by "killing everyone we need to." [rofl]

The national police have long been known to be into the coffee boys.

The writing was on the wall for Afghanistan as soon as the Northern Alliance and Taliban dissolved and the gang bang of a quagmire was revealed. They arent ready or interested in Western life styles. We have no business there at all. Our presence there has done one thing for them, and thats stir them up. I suspect unfortunately innocent Americans will die because of it down the road and everyone will act outraged by the blowback. And then probably off to war again.

Some countries will NEVER EVER be a democracy, Afghanistan is one of them.

Afganistan. Iran. Iraq. There are many "countries" out there that are just groups of tribes. Whomever controls the country is the one that can keep the rival tribes down. The Shah did a pretty good job for a few decades. So did Saddaaaaaaaam. Kill people? Oh yeah. Displace them? All hte F'ing time. Treat them fairly??? Crap no! But keep order, relatively? Sure. For a time.

Why we are over there is oil. No oil. No over. Period. It all goes away. They can go back to the 9th century and club each other to death.

The national police have long been known to be into the coffee boys.

The writing was on the wall for Afghanistan as soon as the Northern Alliance and Taliban dissolved and the gang bang of a quagmire was revealed. They arent ready or interested in Western life styles. We have no business there at all. Our presence there has done one thing for them, and thats stir them up. I suspect unfortunately innocent Americans will die because of it down the road and everyone will act outraged by the blowback. And then probably off to war again.

they were up to western lifestyle, or whatever lifestyle. Soviet Union has build assload of hospitals, schools and public works projects. A lot of Afgani women went to study to Moscow or were able to study teach in their own country. USSR didn't do it for lulz, they just wanted to keep this border state stable and under control, like Warsaw Pact countries.

So who f***ed with it all? ... yep, US. The Taliban and AlQuaida and ... Bin Laden.

Afganistan is also where most heroin (poppies) come from. It's a great economy for them, which doesn't sit well with the rest of the world. So it's either drug issiues or territorial issues, there is always will be some turmoil there,

Graveyard of Empires.

If we leave, they'll quietly go back to tribal feuds, and assorted low-level nastiness.

My brother and me, against my cousin; my cousin and me, against my neighbor. We're not from the same neighborhood.

I'm always leery of saying, "We're right!" There are many advanced countries that say we Americans are barbarians for caging children, killing prisoners, and locking up a huge percentage of our Black folks. Our going into other countries, and saying, "Do what we say, we know best," is analogous to the UN saying that we have to re-do our Constitution, to be more in accord with that the rest of the world thinks. Not many, here, would be down with that.

We should have Taken the oil. Like Trump said. It used to be to the victor goes the spoils.

Forget the multi-nationals, think of all the bureaucrats who made millions implementing programs. It's kind of like public education (with M4s) when it comes to corruption. The soldiers, men and women, of all colors and creeds, are the ones who do all of the work and take all of the pain, while shetbag leeches in the govt rake in the big salaries. Send them to the front line!

Back
Top Bottom