• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Afghanistan Exit: Aussie 'Digger' Troops stuck in Dubai, no hotel, can't return home yet....lol

What s shiteshow....the life of a soldier

Queensland soldiers sent to Afghanistan to rescue refugees are being held up in Dubai, unable to return home because the Palaszczuk government has not approved a special exemption to quarantine in the hotel system.
This is despite providing a special exemption to Indian cricketers and the wives and girlfriends of NRL footy players, who were provided with the opportunity to quarantine in Brisbane, despite a two week ban on new arrivals.
A government source said an application had been sent to Queensland Health to bring the soldiers home, under the same model used by the National Rugby League to bring 100 wives and girlfriends to Queensland. “It’s the same model .. we’d find the hotels but we’ve heard nothing from Queensland Health,’’ the source said. “It’s pretty ordinary. Hopefully they can approve it sooner, rather than later.’’

Employment Minister Stuart Roberts says Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk is playing politics with the lives…
A mother of one of the 40 Queensland ADF personnel stranded in Dubai says she was "dumbfounded and disgusted'' when informed that the ADF had been unable to secure hotel quarantine for her serving soldier and the rest of the Queensland deployment.
"Apparently, according to Queensland Health, there is not enough room, '' the mother said.
"They have put their lives on the line for this rescue. The Queensland government has given priority to the Indian women's (cricket) team, the NRL players and their wives and girlfriends, over these heroes.
"It disgusts me that they have been kicked to the kerb.'' The mother said the ADF personnel were being COVID tested every three days and sleeping on the floor of a local gym.

"They are not worried about COVID-19 .. they are worried about hepatitis and cholera and they all have young families,'' she said. SKYNEWS AUS

If he's single.... and they lift covid restrictions. From what I've heard about aussie women pre-covid.... let's just say he might never leave
I told him that, then I've started watching the news out of there. It's going to be a shitty 9 months.

They have completely lost their minds down there...I was speaking with a friend who lives there. Her neighbors, an elderly couple, were fined $1000 each for being out of the house running errands together. One went for groceries, the other went to the pharmacy. They are only "allowed" to have one person out of the house for necessities at a time.

I told him that, then I've started watching the news out of there. It's going to be a shitty 9 months.
God bless him. Hopefully he can dodge most of the bullshit. Everytime I see stuff from down there it just looks like nightmare fuel to me.. . Authoritarianism gone full retard. Worst covid policy in the world.

Thus has it always been.

"In times of war and not before,​

God and the soldier we adore.​

But in times of peace and all things righted,​

God is forgotten and the soldier slighted."​

Considering how we seem to be barreling towards worldwide totalitarianism, you'd think these governments would be kissing their military's asses rather than publicly shitting on them every chance they get

Rudy Kipling is one of my favorite writers and poets. It is a shame how they are treating him now... ~Enbloc

1631056067219.png

That said... Best of luck to our Aussie Brothers...

1631056201684.png
1631056302498.png

And a safe training stint for Admin's Son.

Australia used to be the rednecks of the empire. They had no guarantees, though; they just lived as they lived because no one really cared to stop them. It's an inhospitable place, filled with (and surrounded by) things determined to kill you.

Then they went and got "civilized".

From a penal colony, to a land of locked-down criminals.

Back
Top Bottom