Aero Precision - not in MA

pupchow

NES Member
So I'm finally getting a list together for a lightweight AR build, and then this happens:

Please Note: As of 7/21/16, Aero Precision has halted shipping orders to the State of Massachusetts. This is at the order of the Massachusetts Attorney General in accordance with new interpretations of the Massachusetts assault weapons ban. We apologize for the inconvenience

I am so looking forward to taking every cent of my retirement, outside of this state.

There are plenty of other places to get Aero stuff. Just like BCM and others. It's a pain in the nuts. A little digging pays off though.

I'm waiting for my bonus to buy a barrelled upper or 2 with a bcg.

Yeah it sucks- Aero stuff is a really good value.

Ballistic Advantage Barrels partnered with Aero and was caught up in the AG crap. Sub $300 barrels capable of 1/2 to 3/4 MOA, no longer available in the PRM. Thank gawd I feel safer...

There's plenty of ways to get AP products and probably at a better price than through AP or you could contact Behind Enemy Lines.

Resurrecting this thread because I was just denied shipment of assembled uppers. I was given a “due to certain law restrictions” excuse.

But it sounds like from the OP that Maura’s henchmen are intimidating companies into not shipping parts. Does anybody know the details? Or is Aero Precision just being extremely risk averse like BCM and Palmetto?

If it’s the latter, their actions clearly indicate that they’re not supportive of the shooting community or the 2nd Amendment and are no better than Dick’s Sporting Goods in my view. Unless they reverse their policy, that is. And unlike BCM, Aero’s parts aren’t good enough to seek out elsewhere.

Resurrecting this thread because I was just denied shipment of assembled uppers. I was given a “due to certain law restrictions” excuse.

But it sounds like from the OP that Maura’s henchmen are intimidating companies into not shipping parts. Does anybody know the details? Or is Aero Precision just being extremely risk averse like BCM and Palmetto?

If it’s the latter, their actions clearly indicate that they’re not supportive of the shooting community or the 2nd Amendment and are no better than Dick’s Sporting Goods in my view. Unless they reverse their policy, that is. And unlike BCM, Aero’s parts aren’t good enough to seek out elsewhere.
So buy from those that support us. I am very happy with Ghost firearms/Grid Defense out of Daytona. Awesome stuff! I actually don’t like the look of plain Jane black uppers but that’s me.

I have heard that Aero was specifically targeted by the AG.

Maybe no tacti-bro cool factor but their stuff is solid. Personal decision whether or not to use it based on their decision to abandon MA. They bought Ballistic Advantage barrels who now can't ship here, so F them.

I bought a complete Aero upper from Brownells last fall. My midlength upper came with a carbine gas tube installed. Knowing fully my location Aero offered to make it right. They could send me the correct tube or I could send them the entire upper for repair. I opted for sending me the tube. I did attempt to deal with Brownells but their solution was to return the upper. That would’ve been fine but they were out of stock with no eta on a new delivery.
Yeah it sucked. Yeah I was pissed off, but shit happens and the company stood by their product (that clearly mussed q.c.) and made things right. No I don’t agree with them running scared. I get aggravated at every company that won’t ship to this god forsaken state. But in the end I blame the pants suit in Boston as well as all the morons that elected/ re-elected her. Besides, I saved $20 plus shipping by not ordering directly from Aero.

Last edited:
I bought a complete Aero upper from Brownells last fall. My midlength upper came with a carbine gas tube installed. Knowing fully my location Aero offered to make it right. They could send me the correct tube or I could send them the entire upper for repair. I opted for sending me the tube. I did attempt to deal with Brownells but their solution was to return the upper. That would’ve been fine but they were out of stock with no eta on a new delivery.
Yeah it sucked. Yeah I was pissed off, but shit happens and the company stood by their product (that clearly mussed q.c.) and made things right. No I don’t agree with them running scared. I get aggravated at every company that won’t ship to this god forsaken state. But in the end I blame the pants suit in Boston as well as all the morons that elected/ re-elected her. Besides, I saved $20 plus shipping by not ordering directly from Aero.

Brownell's can be a pain in the ass. They refused to do anything when USPS blatantly stole my HK416 bolt. USPS claimed it was delivered and it very clearly was not. I was home all day and no mail came at all that day. USPS gives no f***s about it either. I gave up and just bought a new bolt and had it shipped UPS instead.

Brownell's can be a pain in the ass. They refused to do anything when USPS blatantly stole my HK416 bolt. USPS claimed it was delivered and it very clearly was not. I was home all day and no mail came at all that day. USPS gives no f***s about it either. I gave up and just bought a new bolt and had it shipped UPS instead.

An awful lot of the mail to my community goes missing - and the post-master doesn't seem to give a damn. I recently read a very interesting article about the USPS auctioning off goods that it was "unable to deliver". It was pretty shocking.

Here's an article about Atlanta that refers to it:
usps auctions off mail it can't deliver at DuckDuckGo

Because they don't want to ship stuff to Massachusetts they aren't supporting the shooting community? You do realize there are many more states than just yours? Massachusetts makes it miserable to ship stuff to. I don't blame any company for not wanting to get caught up in the crap from that state.

BCM wont even ship a spring. Hell they wont even process a CC with a MA mailing address when stuff is shipped to NH!

Sucky yes, but they are doing what they think is right and protecting themselves from a lawsuit. The Gov has far more time and money to piss away than any gun manufacture.

During the checkout process (BCM) when you click on the drop down list to choose your state, MA isnt even on the list. DC, CA, CT, IL, HI are all there but MA isnt even an option.

Last edited:
Because they don't want to ship stuff to Massachusetts they aren't supporting the shooting community? You do realize there are many more states than just yours? Massachusetts makes it miserable to ship stuff to. I don't blame any company for not wanting to get caught up in the crap from that state.
Says the guy from New Hampshire.

What's that saying..."What you tolerate you validate."?

You tolerate this, you're supporting the AG's intimidation tactics. Massachusetts today, NH tomorrow.

We’re all in it together.

That sounds like more of a USPS problem than a Brownells problem.

Says the guy from New Hampshire.

What's that saying..."What you tolerate you validate."?

You tolerate this, you're supporting the AG's intimidation tactics. Massachusetts today, NH tomorrow.
Barrett won't sell guns to California. Does that mean Barrett is unamerican?

Dicks stopped selling ar's nation wide. Just because a company won't sell certain things to Massachusetts residents, doesn't make them anti-2a. They didn't make the shitty gun laws in Massachusetts.

Barrett won't sell guns to California. Does that mean Barrett is unamerican?

Barrett stopped selling to CA not by choice but because CA banned 50 BMG to civilians. Additionally, Barrett refuses to sell to CA LEO’s nor will Barrett provide service and support to CA LEO’s.

Smartass comment not so smart...

Dicks stopped selling ar's nation wide. Just because a company won't sell certain things to Massachusetts residents, doesn't make them anti-2a. They didn't make the shitty gun laws in Massachusetts.

Except, complying with MA shitty gun laws isn’t what they’re doing. They’re abandoning MA, and I assume other states as well. But I can’t say for certain because they don’t even post their policy on their website.

Edit: but I will say I over-reacted when I said they were the same as Dick’s.

Last edited:
To be fair it would take their staff lawyer all of a cup of coffee to review the "law" and make a determination that springs can be sent here.

No big loss though, there are plenty of companies who make stuff equal or better and plenty of places to get BCM/Aero stuff if you really want it. Got an Aero FDE M5 set sitting on my desk as we speak.

BCM wont even ship a spring. Hell they wont even process a CC with a MA mailing address when stuff is shipped to NH!

Sucky yes, but they are doing what they think is right and protecting themselves from a lawsuit. The Gov has far more time and money to piss away than any gun manufacture.

To be fair it would take their staff lawyer all of a cup of coffee to review the "law" and make a determination that springs can be sent here.

No big loss though, there are plenty of companies who make stuff equal or better and plenty of places to get BCM/Aero stuff if you really want it. Got an Aero FDE M5 set sitting on my desk as we speak.

Oh I know, just the the “it’s illegal to ship Ammo” Yet no law is on the books.

Places are gutless. Same people will cry any law is an infringement but will cow tail to a mere threat. Lol

Except, complying with MA shitty gun laws isn’t what they’re doing. They’re abandoning MA, and I assume other states as well. But I can’t say for certain because they don’t even post their policy on their website.
Just the state's that may give them a hard time. They aren't abandoning anyone. They don't want to possibly get sued by a shitty state. What company could survive being sued by a state that has endless money. No one wants to be a test case.

Back
Top Bottom