advice on ltc application

hello everyone. I am currently in the process of applying for my LTC, and was wondering if anyone had any advice as far as the interview is concerned. I understand that I will be asked why I am applying, and the real reason is for home security. (Home robbed a couple of years back) I also wanted to get into hunting as well, not to mention that its my right. (probably shouldn't say the ladder) so I dont come off as an entiteled brat to the interviewer....but it is our right after all...any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this thank you.

Depends on the licensing official.......when I did my interview in Haverhill years ago......corthell just wrote in "all lawful purposes" for the reason for the application without even asking me.......he is one of the good ones!

I think you can say ladder all you want, he may find you strange if you don't tell him why you are saying ladder. Like i use my ladder to clean my gutters or some little fu**s stole my ladder and im going to shoot them if they come back. Im sure someone is checking your town there is a thread here telling what towns are easy -> impossible to get an unrestricted A LTC.. Are you an entitled brat and you are looking for a way to not come off like one? Just busting your balls, WELCOME TO NES!

Searching here indicates Southbridge is Green, but that was back in 2007.

FWIW I simply wrote "Personal Protection" on mine.
The Chief then threw me a curve ball, he asked "so do you want any restrictions on this license?" and smiled.
I was like "uhhhhh, no?"

Depends on the licensing official.......when I did my interview in Haverhill years ago......corthell just wrote in "all lawful purposes" for the reason for the application without even asking me.......he is one of the good ones!

Saugus is like that too. Lt Cougan is a solid 2A guy.

Others may have specific information about Southbridge. Southbridge is a so-called "green" town in that they issue unrestricted LTC-A to most regular people.

If it's like most other green towns, then the "interview" is really just an appointment to watch the cop type your information into the system and be photographed and fingerprinted. In my (I'm not in Southbridge), he avoided conversation topics that could seem inquisitory. We mostly chatted about the weather.

For the reason you're applying, write "all lawful purposes." If he asks, or if the town requires a letter explaining the reason in more detail, say something brief and down to earth, e.g., "personal protection at home; I may also want to carry for personal protection in the future." Don't seem like you want to play cop and defend the town from evil. Don't feign a fear of bears. Act like a normal person.

Last edited:
sorry i was not just trolling I was searching for the thread that had the damn list. Dont bother using the search on this site it does not work. unless you are looking for a specific word that does not come up a lot, dont look up abortion or ibtl you will get every thread...

If you go back to the laws thread at the top in the stickies there are a bunch of threads covering this subject form letters and such and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom