advice on apllying for LTC

I had an LTC before and it expired. It's been a few years since it expired. When I apply am I considered a renewal or a new applicant? If I am considered a new applicant, do I need to take the safety course again?

Karen

The Brockton police site states the following.

The following need to be accomplished for NEW applications.

Application completely filled out by applicant.

Applicant needs to have their birth certificate. If naturalized for citizenship, your Naturalization Certificate is needed as well.

Applicants for FID/LTC need to have taken a Commonwealth of Massachusetts Basic Safety course and provide the Certificate of completion. (Not needed for Mace only FID)

Applicants need to write a separate letter, addressed to the Chief of Police, explaining the want/need for the license applied for.

Applicants applying for a LTC for employment purposes need to submit a letter from their employer verifying the need for the license.

Must bring proof of residence (i.e. Utility Bill, Phone Bill, Tax Bill, ETC….

The following needs to be accomplished for RENEWAL applications.

Application completely filled out by applicant.

I'm not sure if that applies to all localities. You might want to ask your chief as many towns add extra requirements for applicants.

Hey, thanks Max. Have you caught up on sleep yet?

Just about but I am sure something will be tossed into this week that will put me back into zombie mode... Monday and Tuesday went really smooth at work so I am hoping this week is a breeze. Look forward to getting you out to the club sorry about the delays.

Back
Top Bottom