• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Advice: NFA Trust Checking Account

What banks do folks use for NFA Trust checking accounts?

Is it important (for submitting ATF paperwork) that the check has the name of the Trust on it, or is it ok if the Trustee(s) are listed?

Thanks in advance. PM if you prefer.

I don't know the answer to your question, but . . .

Why not ask your local credit union?

I had two Trust checking accounts setup with my local CU with no hassle whatsoever. And no fees attached to them is even better (unlike the "big banks" that get gov't bail-outs).

All I needed was a copy of the Trust Agreement and a TAX EIN for said Trust, showed them to the CU and they setup the accounts immediately. [My Trusts had nothing to do with firearms, but I can't see it being any different in a good CU's eyes.]

What banks do folks use for NFA Trust checking accounts?

Is it important (for submitting ATF paperwork) that the check has the name of the Trust on it, or is it ok if the Trustee(s) are listed?

Thanks in advance. PM if you prefer.

I have an NFA Trust and do not have a checking account in the trust name. ATFE does not care who pays the 200 tax; I have used my personal check, the seller's personal check, and postal money orders for transfers. They don't seem to came where the money comes from as long as the check is good. HTH Jim

I have an NFA Trust and do not have a checking account in the trust name. ATFE does not care who pays the 200 tax; I have used my personal check, the seller's personal check, and postal money orders for transfers. They don't seem to came where the money comes from as long as the check is good. HTH Jim

Thanks, that's very helpful.

You can get one, but as Jim says it's not necessary. I did have one for the NFA items that were transfered to my trust. After the payment and transfers are done, you can shut down the account.

I get a bank check from my personal account and have my bank print it as coming from my trust. Works just fine, costs 2 dollars for the bank check but it's easier than setting up another acct. My SOT prints my receipts as sold to my trust as well, so it all matches when the paperwork goes in.

-Coop

Back
Top Bottom