• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Advice for donating to veterans

Hireheroes.org

I’d still be working at the junkyard making $35,000 a year if it wasn’t for that organization. They built me a resume and even update it whenever I want for FREE!

USO is another excellent choice, but they’re currently utilizing donations to go to troops on standby in Europe…flame me if you want, but I don’t agree with us being there at all, so I can’t bring myself to donate currently. Yes, I know the troops don’t have a choice. It’s the only way I have to flex on the .gov decision to send our troops there.

Project HOPE on James Street in Worcester. Food bank among other services. They assist and help in resolving that saying "No Food, One Problem. Have Food, Many Problems". We donate food as often as possible year round, but this time of year we try and step it up. You can get a little emotional seeing the need of our hero's. I've said it before, we sleep easy at night because our veterans did the heavy lifting. Thank you to every one of them.

Jay

Hi. In addition to the Fisher House, there are several other reputable organizations that provide support and services to veterans, such as the Wounded Warrior Project, Disabled American Veterans (DAV), and the American Legion. Each organization has its own specific focus, so it may be helpful to research their individual missions to see which aligns most with your personal values.

Another option is to donate to local organizations that support veterans in your community. These could include food banks, homeless shelters, or job training programs that specifically target veterans. By donating locally, you can make a direct impact on the lives of veterans in your area.

Ultimately, the best way to decide where to donate is to research various organizations and causes that support veterans, and choose one that aligns with your personal values and priorities. Thank you for supporting veterans and their families.

Hi. In addition to the Fisher House, there are several other reputable organizations that provide support and services to veterans, such as the Wounded Warrior Project, Disabled American Veterans (DAV), and the American Legion. Each organization has its own specific focus, so it may be helpful to research their individual missions to see which aligns most with your personal values.

Another option is to donate to local organizations that support veterans in your community. These could include food banks, homeless shelters, or job training programs that specifically target veterans. By donating locally, you can make a direct impact on the lives of veterans in your area.

Ultimately, the best way to decide where to donate is to research various organizations and causes that support veterans, and choose one that aligns with your personal values and priorities. Thank you for supporting veterans and their families.
Wounded Warrior Project is no bueno. Most of your donation would go to administrative costs.

Gary Sinise Foundation
Thumbs up for this one too. I try to throw them $100 or so every year. It’s not much but it helps. Sinise looks out for the widows and orphans, which is what I would be worried about if I was dying on a battlefield.
Hell, as I was having a heart attack, all I thought about was my wife and kids.

Back
Top Bottom