• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ADVERSARIES! Discuss your opposing firearms here!

Unless you want a modern AK :(
I Got You Thumbs Up GIF by Patriot Act

I Got You Thumbs Up GIF by Patriot Act

Wanna swing by home depot with me?

Let's not tell him sig is a german company either..... shhh
Um. SIG was “Schweizerische Industrie-Gesellschaft“ which is NOT the f***ing Germans. JP Sauer was German. The combined company was SIG Sauer and the firm in NH is a descendant of that.

SIG made P2x0 are the best, the West German ones are next and you buy Exeter’s products if you can’t find a real one.

Furstenfeldbruck, 5 September 1972

After a day when the flustered Germans running the 1972 Olympic Games had been forced to give up control to a group of Black September terrorists holding most of the Israeli Olympic team hostage, the authorities finally had their chance.

An elaborate ambush was planned at the Furstenfeldbruck military airfield near Munich. The Germans had control of the situation at last: they chose the battlefield, the time, the conditions. They controlled the terrorists’ movement. They had five shooters covering the tarmac, from a culture that had given birth to modern tactical sniping. They had a ruse, too, an airplane waiting nearby just as Black September had demanded. But the airplane was full of cops.

Everything should have gone smoothly.

But then the cops on the plane took a vote and went home, without telling anybody. The shooters, who were not military snipers, tentatively opened up over iron sights from 2-300m on a dark night. The terrorists had a chance to regroup, delay, eliminate the hostages, and shoot a police officer as well. Some even escaped the kill zone.

One, incredibly, remains alive and free to this day.

All the terrorists were young Palestinians from the camps, radicalized, trained, and equipped by the PLO and aided by its leftist allies in Europe. All had grenades and AK47s. My faithful Maadi represents that here, though some of the terrorists probably had folding stocks: the rifles had all been smuggled in by Libyan diplomats, and most of the photos clearly show wood stocks. They’d received the AKs the night before the operation, meaning they hadn’t zeroed them, which might have saved the life of Gad Tsobari, who escaped through a parking garage despite one of the terrorists shooting at him. At Furstenfeldbruck, Black September was accurate enough to shoot out several floodlights, kill a Bavarian cop in the control tower, and murder the Israelis.

This PTR91 is typical of the G3 rifles the five German shooters used. I have a mount and scope for this one, plus a bipod, but I set it up like this because, incredibly, the Germans used neither scopes nor night vision that night: just plain-Jane stock G3s. They didn’t use snipers, either: quirks of the postwar German constitution meant the Army had to be requested for things like this, and the Bavarians thought they could handle everything. So they picked five police officers known to belong to gun clubs, and therefore presumed to be able to shoot well, and sent them out. The results were what you’d expect…

IMG_7493.jpeg

Sad night. The textbook example of how to completely botch a counterterrorist operation.

Very cool thread, I dont know how I missed it til today.
You have an awesome collection Picton. [thumbsup]

I've been lucky and patient.

Feel free to post up what you've got! The thread hasn't really taken off like I hoped, but if you've got something that'll work, throw it on up here.

I picked up a Galil yesterday, and I couldn’t wait to bring it out into the sun.

Israel declared their War On Terror around 1979, when they grew tired of a wave of plane hijackings and terrorist attacks that various Palestinian nationalist groups pulled off in the 1960s and ‘70s. So, in 1982, they invaded Lebanon.

This pic could have been shot somewhere in the Beqaa Valley that year, maybe down by the river. The PLO had many fighters, seasoned by the Lebanese civil war and the many conflicts against Israel dating back to 1948. They drew their weapons from supporters all over the world.

This AK is a Maadi from Egypt with a Chinese magazine; the Chinese government provided much military aid to leftist groups all over the world. For a pistol, I chose a Czech vzor 50, typical of the mix of Combloc weapons you might have found in many terrorist organizations. Their emphasis was on concealibility for assassinations and personal defense. I know where this pistol has been since 1999; it has Balkan provenance.

Israel, by 1982, would have been using a mix of Uzi SMGs, M16 rifles, and their own home-grown Galil, an excellent AK derivative based on the Valmet. This rifle is actually a Norinco conversion in 7.62x39, but I cheated with a 5.56 mag. The pistol is the ubiquitous BHP, pressed into Israeli service (this example has IDF markings) and used for several decades.

View attachment 754887
my Maadi parts kit stopped through the former Yugoslavia, came with a checklist in serbo-croatian, and is wearing croat furniture.... i need some magazines from MAtra to go with it as i spent some time in Banja Luca with the army.... where they are made :)

no one was manning the machines while we were there in the 90s though :(

my Maadi parts kit stopped through the former Yugoslavia, came with a checklist in serbo-croatian, and is wearing croat furniture.... i need some magazines from MAtra to go with it as i spent some time in Banja Luca with the army.... where they are made :)

no one was manning the machines while we were there in the 90s though :(

My Vz58 came with Serb graffiti all over the handguard.

WTB AR180, lol

LOL!

I've gotten two of them over the years, both from the classifieds here. They come up every now and then. The key is to be patient, watch the classifieds, and have cash on hand whenever you can and/or know the value of your trade bait. An AR180 is going to run close to @2k these days, most likely, no matter who the manufacturer was. That's the base price.

LOL!

I've gotten two of them over the years, both from the classifieds here. They come up every now and then. The key is to be patient, watch the classifieds, and have cash on hand whenever you can and/or know the value of your trade bait. An AR180 is going to run close to @2k these days, most likely, no matter who the manufacturer was. That's the base price.
I'd like an ar180 but not for 2k

I'd like an ar180 but not for 2k

IIRC, the first one ran me about $1100. That was, oh, seven years ago?

Then I traded that, a couple years later, for a Desert Eagle. Oopsy.

By the time I found my next AR180, the trade was for a $1600 rifle. That was maybe two years ago now.

I'm not going to run on this hamster wheel no mo'. That thing's staying with me until I croak.

IIRC, the first one ran me about $1100. That was, oh, seven years ago?

Then I traded that, a couple years later, for a Desert Eagle. Oopsy.

By the time I found my next AR180, the trade was for a $1600 rifle. That was maybe two years ago now.

I'm not going to run on this hamster wheel no mo'. That thing's staying with me until I croak.
I'm in MA for a few days. Let me know about that 1.1k price [rofl]

WTB AR180, lol

Broad Black Brimmer is a good one too, both available on Amazon music oddly enough
Just listened to it very coop thanks for mentioning it.

Another favorite of mine is "come out ye black and tans."

I wanted to contribute something to this thread, but unfortunately my safes are full of US military type guns. Then I remembered my small bayonet collection. The M9 is a Buck that I bought in the early 90s and carried thru my 8 years in the Army.
The AKM bayonet was brought back from Afghanistan in 2002 by my Brother.

IMG_0481.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom