• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Adjusting Old Faithful Holster

I just bought my first Old Faithful Holster, stage 3 so I'm going to assemble it tonight.

To put it together you hammer threaded clips into the leather through the backside and screw the kydex and belt lips on from the front. There are 3 postitions for ride height.

My question is how hard is it to remove these clips once hammered in if I want to change the height? Does anyone have any experience doing this? Also how bad does the leather get chewed up by putting the clip in then removing it, in case I want to put it back into the original spot?

Mine is due in any day now. I imagine the hardware doesn't chew up the leather too much if you want to change it. Plus, I think they give you extra hardware if you want to leave the ones you put in first and just put the other ones in, too. There is a video on their tutorial page which may help:

https://oldfaithfulholsters.com/tutorials/

They don't give extra threaded clips. They do give some extra hardware though. I would try to get it right the first time as the leather will get scared up from the clips. They have four sharp prongs that are pounded into the leather so they won't spin when tightening up the screws.

I adjusted one of mine on the back to increase the cant, just pried the t-nut out of the leather and hammered it back in the hole i wanted. Took about 5 minutes to adjust and it worked fine.

I've had mine for 3ish months now and it's a great holster. Very comfortable, I even wore it in a 5k and it was comfortable.

I've been a satisfied customer of Old Faithful for a few years now. I have had no trouble adjusting the cant. As NHAtHeart said it is easy and doesn't cause enough damage to worry about. I carry mine ALL DAY EVERY DAY and have yet to find fault with it. Congrats on a great choice!

Thanks everyone. I assembled mine earlier tonight and it couldn't have been easier.

I just picked the middle hole for the belt clips and it seems to be just right. I've had it on for a few hours now and it feels great.

I there the solution for fixing any imperfections in the black leather finish, just use a black sharpie marker.

dame thouse pens are handy

Back
Top Bottom