• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Adjusted" Approved roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody actually come up with an accurate list that uses the roster and adjusts for the AG’s "regulations"? In other words, a list, albeit unofficial, that we could refer to instead of making sure the gun is compliant.

Has anybody actually come up with an accurate list that uses the roster and adjusts for the AG’s "regulations"? In other words, a list, albeit unofficial, that we could refer to instead of making sure the gun is compliant.

"It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not contain a mechanism which effectively precludes an average five year old child from operating the handgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: ..., altering the firing mechanism so that an average five year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiple motions in order to fire the handgun."

If you want to try to guess what that means and make an "accurate" list, good luck. If you're not an FFL, none of the CMR stuff applies to you anyways. Virtually all handguns are legal to own and use in MA.

just stop thinking about the stupid list and your life will get much easier. If you're not in the business of selling guns under an ma dealer's license the list is completely pointless and worthless to you as a consumer anyways so just ignore the stupid f***ing thing.... not to mention that it's not even consistently implemented by the dealers anyways so it's kind of worthless to make assumptions about what you think some dealer will and won't pass.

just stop thinking about the stupid list and your life will get much easier. If you're not in the business of selling guns under an ma dealer's license the list is completely pointless and worthless to you as a consumer anyways so just ignore the stupid f***ing thing.... not to mention that it's not even consistently implemented by the dealers anyways so it's kind of worthless to make assumptions about what you think some dealer will and won't pass.
It would be nice to have a list to look at when youre looking to have something transferred from out of state though.

It would be nice to have a list to look at when youre looking to have something transferred from out of state though.
Why? Instead ask your dealer if he will transfer it. Seriously, stop looking at the list and instead visit your LGS and talk to them about what they will sell and/or transfer. That is the only thing that matters.

I guess its one thing if you already have a relationship with a dealer, but is a stranger cold calling random dealers likely to result in an ok over the phone? Wasnt there a dealer in MA who got punched in the dick for transferring Glocks? Considering an fa-10 is going to be done at the shop, he'd be handing them all the rope they need to hang him.

there's something to be said about being a regular at a shop, and a regular is not the guy coming in every few months to buy a $1.50 bag of patches and thinks he's doing the owner a favor by "helping him keep the lights on."

there's something to be said about being a regular at a shop, and a regular is not the guy coming in every few months to buy a $1.50 bag of patches and thinks he's doing the owner a favor by "helping him keep the lights on."
Tbh, I dont buy all that often to begin with. Not often enough to become known as a regular I would think. Im not a gun a month type of guy.

You don't have to be a gun of the month guy. Stop in look over any future purchases give the local guy a shot at whatever your buying. You might be surprised that they may be close when you considering shipping and a transfer. Buy some ammo or cleaning supplies. Don't just be an anonymous face in the crowd. you'd be surprised what the sales help remembers you for. I shop most of my purchases to be a knowledgeable consumer, and 8 times out 10 I wind up paying within a couple bucks of what I actually pay my LGS stores. I trade between 2 or 3 local guys who know me and get fairly decent discounts if I comparison shop. Give the local guys a shot. Most shops will negotiate a little bit, don't try to lowball them !

I just wing it,..

Hey Buddy, I’m not sure what your problem is, but I don’t appreciate your tone. I asked a very logical question that might be useful to some people who may not be as knowledgeable as you are when it comes to Ma. gun laws. I’m very much aware that the onus is on the DEALER, and not the consumer as to whether or not a gun is compliant. I was asking in a general manner, not for a specific gun. I know several FFL holders who say, "If it’s on the roster, I’m selling it. I was trying to be helpful, but you seem upset about my question for some reason...

Hey Buddy, I’m not sure what your problem is, but I don’t appreciate your tone. I asked a very logical question that might be useful to some people who may not be as knowledgeable as you are when it comes to Ma. gun laws. I’m very much aware that the onus is on the DEALER, and not the consumer as to whether or not a gun is compliant. I was asking in a general manner, not for a specific gun. I know several FFL holders who say, "If it’s on the roster, I’m selling it. I was trying to be helpful, but you seem upset about my question for some reason...

He’s trying to help you and save yourself the trouble of worrying about a gun being MA compliant or not. As he said the list only applies to dealers.

Also this MA compliance stuff comes up every other day on the forum so I think some get a little tired of these threads lol.

The drama is because every time a new list comes out, your same question gets asked....been asked a million times.

The truth is there is no abridged dealers/Attny Generals list.....never will be. The idea behind that is to make it as tricky as possible for dealers, keep the pantshitters scared, guessing, etc.....

As a consumer, there is no list..... you can own any pistol a dealer will transfer to you as long as the mags if not pre ban, are 10 rounds or less.

You are being good advice even if you are unwilling to accept it or learn from it. FORGET ABOUT THE GOD DAMN LIST. The list is NEVER the buyer/owners problem and solely an issue for MA licensed dealers. Every dealer interprets the list and AG CMRs differently. If you want an answer, ask the dealer you are doing business with. If you dont like the answer, ask a different dealer. You will eventually get the answer you like and have found a dealer to do business with going forward.

If you insist on worrying about the list, you will continue to get feedback you dont like from NESers.

Dont ask if you dont want the correct answer, STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE LIST.

And if you "don't appreciate your tone", you are definitely in the wrong place...

Report him!!! He's been belittling us rubber lippers for far too long. We skinflints have feelings too.

Report him!!! He's been belittling us rubber lippers for far too long. We skinflints have feelings too.
He’s trying to help you and save yourself the trouble of worrying about a gun being MA compliant or not. As he said the list only applies to dealers.

Also this MA compliance stuff comes up every other day on the forum so I think some get a little tired of these threads lol.
I gotcha, thanks. It’s just the way he came off, very rough...

Let me put it this way.... part of the problem with handgun compliance is the 2nd prong of it doesn't
have any testing, or any formalized approval process. CMR940 is "whatever the AG thinks it is" on any given
day. Then on top of this there's even an element of interpretation with the list itself (eg, substantially similar, etc) So dealers make calculated risk-based decisions (or sometimes, it's just things they make up on the fly, lol) on what they will and won't move- which means like every other dealer in MA has a different definition of whats transferable. It can even change minute to minute. For example when ruger had that stupid MKII/III fiasco a few years ago they tried to "declare" their guns non compliant and remove them from the roster. The state did not allow this, yet, some dealers stopped selling them based on the edict from Ruger or their distributor. A few of the better dealers were more like "f*** them, that guns been approved forever, I can still sell you one if I get my hands on it. "

The reason I'm a prick about this is thinking about lists is one of the most negative mindsets anyone in this state
can adopt. You're artificially painting yourself into a corner by thinking in terms of "lists". What's on some
stupid list, and what's actually legal for you to own or purchase are wholly different things.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom