Adjustable stock solution?

Or you can just keep your pistol on you as most of us do, and use your truck storage area for your existing rifle by utilizing the 2 takedown pins to assemble/disassemble when it’s needed. They’re already there, it’s legal, and cost you zero dollars.

Seriously, 2pins! Pushed thru a little hole with your finger tips and it’s together and functional in seconds. 🤷‍♂️

How many times so far in your life have you had to immediately “oh shit!” grab a loaded rifle stored in your truck (considering we’re CONUS), screech sideways to a halt, and then jump into action like Shaft, laying waste to all around you? It’s fantasy.

Forget all that and just think realistically. Carry your pistol on you. Use that if needed to put rounds on target down range, or make whoever’s firing at you put their heads down to buy you a minute to get back to your truck and get your rifle operational, again, within seconds it can be up and running while you’re cranking some Doobie Bros music for effect.

Its an interesting idea.
Does an adjustable brace like the SBA3 on a post ban rifle count as an evil feature (Collapsible Stock) under the Mass Assault Weapons Ban?
Its probably a loop hole that could be exploited, and the ATF would not care.
The problem is Massachusetts, which always seems to find a way to rule against lawful gun owners.
Its a persuasive argument that would depend on your risk tolerance.

That‘s why my MPX stock is pinned. If I understand correctly, even SBR-ing a rifle doesn’t change its status in Massachusetts and needs to be carried like any other rifle.

Carried, yes, but my understanding is an SBR would no longer fall under the AWB either? So if OP just SBR's he can have an adjustable STOCK and all the evil features he desires.

Its an interesting idea.
Does an adjustable brace like the SBA3 on a post ban rifle count as an evil feature (Collapsible Stock) under the Mass Assault Weapons Ban?
Its probably a loop hole that could be exploited, and the ATF would not care.
The problem is Massachusetts, which always seems to find a way to rule against lawful gun owners.
Its a persuasive argument that would depend on your risk tolerance.

I'm very curious how Mass defines "stock". As that would seem to be the key? Again though, a persuasive argument to a judge still means you're in court. Not exactly a winning proposition in this state.

There is also something to be said for a rifle chambered in a pistol caliber so you have on ammo for both. 44 mag in a rifle is pretty capable.

A SBR in MA is NOT a rifle, it is a firearm. MA defines rifle as 16”+ barrel. A heritage revolver with a 16” barrel is a rifle in MA and a SBR is a firearm.

MA has rifles, shotguns and machine guns. Everything else is a firearm. Pistols are firearms. All firearms are subject to the list so dealers can’t sell SBRs.

Application of the AWB to SBRs is a challenge because of the different terminology in state and federal law. Some believe that the SBR is exempt from the AWB. Do you apply rifle definition? It’s not a rifle so maybe no. Do you apply pistol definition? It’s a problem.

You can carry a SBR concealed and loaded since it’s a firearm. Be prepared to spend your life savings in lawyers fees since there is no way you won’t get jammed up.

Not looking for length of pull. Want a truck gun and would like to collapse it down for storage and have the ability to open on use.

If you're ok with 10 rounds get a fixed mag lower, 8" upper and folding stock.

if you don't need suppressive fire, that plus your handgun should suffice for most things.

You're in the wrong state for 'truck guns'.

I wanted to buy a Trunk Monkey from Exotic Joe but it's illegal. ;)

Im confused.... so you want a stock that doesnt have to be pinned to the buffer tube? Just get a fixed stock if you don't want to pin an adjustable stock.

You can shoulder a pistol brace.
Putting a pistol brace on an "assault" rifle does not make it not an assault rifle.
Putting a pistol brace on any rifle does not make it a "pistol".
You can not convert a rifle into a pistol.
You CAN convert a pistol into a rifle with a tax stamp.

Really?? Think of TC Contenders and those MechTech Glock and 1911 kits. You can go from pistol to rifle and back again. But you can't go from rifle to pistol.

If you had a pistol AR, you could change our your upper and swap your brace for an M4 stock and you'd be 100% fine without any tax stamp. Now, just changing the stock is gonna make it a SBR and needs a tax paid. But you can convert without paying a tax stamp.

You can go from pistol to rifle and back again. But you can't go from rifle to pistol.
Ive heard this before but how would they know really? If I had an AR with a 16" upper and one day I decide to put on a 10" upper and a pistol brace how would anyone know, assuming Im in a free state and theres no registration?

If I buy a stripped lower in a pistol caliber and put a 8" upper and a pistol brace, was the original lower a rifle or a pistol? (federally speaking) Is that recorded on the 4473 somewhere?

Or you can just keep your pistol on you as most of us do, and use your truck storage area for your existing rifle by utilizing the 2 takedown pins to assemble/disassemble when it’s needed. They’re already there, it’s legal, and cost you zero dollars.

Seriously, 2pins! Pushed thru a little hole with your finger tips and it’s together and functional in seconds. 🤷‍♂️

How many times so far in your life have you had to immediately “oh shit!” grab a loaded rifle stored in your truck (considering we’re CONUS), screech sideways to a halt, and then jump into action like Shaft, laying waste to all around you? It’s fantasy.

Forget all that and just think realistically. Carry your pistol on you. Use that if needed to put rounds on target down range, or make whoever’s firing at you put their heads down to buy you a minute to get back to your truck and get your rifle operational, again, within seconds it can be up and running while you’re cranking some Doobie Bros music for effect.

Well that's a cold bucket of water on the face. [laugh]

I wanted to buy a Trunk Monkey from Exotic Joe but it's illegal. ;)

Really?? Think of TC Contenders and those MechTech Glock and 1911 kits. You can go from pistol to rifle and back again. But you can't go from rifle to pistol.

If you had a pistol AR, you could change our your upper and swap your brace for an M4 stock and you'd be 100% fine without any tax stamp. Now, just changing the stock is gonna make it a SBR and needs a tax paid. But you can convert without paying a tax stamp.

Those are "accessories" to what is deemed a pistol.

You can not just take off a pistol brace and slap a stock on a pistol without being in violation of federal law. Sure you CAN do it, it's not legal though.

I was reading the Mass Awb and enforcement notice last night and came to the conclusion that...
I don't consider myself an authority that's why I'm here am I missing something about transporting a rifle in mass? Or do you just want to keep making passive aggressive comments that help no one

Thanks for going green (seriously, probably the smartest thing you'll do this month). Refer to your previous posts to see why I called you out.

Nothing passive about my comments at all (just because we know you're a little behind the eight ball...that leaves aggressive).

Please stay in MA so you don't infect anyone else with your jack-assery.

Ive heard this before but how would they know really? If I had an AR with a 16" upper and one day I decide to put on a 10" upper and a pistol brace how would anyone know, assuming Im in a free state and theres no registration?

If I buy a stripped lower in a pistol caliber and put a 8" upper and a pistol brace, was the original lower a rifle or a pistol? (federally speaking) Is that recorded on the 4473 somewhere?

Talking federal regulations/accepted interpretations (and keep in mind ATF interpretation is always subject to change, ie 6 months from now they may go and re define that a brace is a stock)..

Usually I think it can only happen in a free state if you go and buy a complete production rifle and then mess with it, as the make and serial number alone would be enough for LE to find out from the manufacturer that it started as a rifle...

On a stripped lower specifically sold as an other the only way anyone would know is if it was initially sold to an individual, then later passed through another FFL as a rifle and then that form was uncovered by LE.. but generally speaking it would be impossible to find that information unless the owner actually indicated which FFL and the date. This is more an issue in a nazi state because the state makes people record the information, then you have a database indicating a serial number is a rifle.

Those are "accessories" to what is deemed a pistol.

You can not just take off a pistol brace and slap a stock on a pistol without being in violation of federal law. Sure you CAN do it, it's not legal though.

What folks are saying is just because it is sold as a brace doesn't mean the arresting officer will agree. Otherwise, they would just call it a hoola hoop. I think the point is, even if you are correct ( and i don't think so) the cost to defend it will be a lot more than just buying a pre ban lower. Hell, even on a preban lower, I think you are going away and your firearm is getting confiscated while awaiting trial. Cops typically are not familiar with every aspect of the law, and you are not holding court on the side of the road.

Nor in most cases is your gun getting examined "on the side of the road". If you're at that point you're pretty much f***ed
anyways, they will write you up for having a NEF Pardner with an 11 round pouch of ammo as an "Assault weapon" if they really
wanted to. (we know its bullshit, but that doesn't stop people from bringing charges).

Sure, you are probably going to win in the end. But it will come with a steep price. I think you are better off coming up with an alternate storage solution that will accommodate a pinned stock.

Lol 999 out of 1000 times in MA "winning" consists of sucking for a CWOF for something you actually didn't do.

The only way to be sure of real winning in this state is not putting yourself in a position where someone is examining your gun as part of some sort of
investigation.

-Mike

This nostrum doesn't exist anymore, lowers are just lowers now, they are "other". And at least federally, can be configured either
way because all stripped lowers now start life from a higher standard. (other has similar purch requirements as a handgun).

-Mike

The usefulness of a truck gun is some top shelf fuddlore.

NFW !! Don't go crushing my dreams man!
My trucks always have the double cab, and the rear seat folds forward. I have always wanted to devise a locking rifle rack for a lever gun in 44 mag. hidden behind the seat. The perfect compliment to my S&W 29 with the 6-1/2" barrel. Hang a couple of bandoliers chock full of 44 magnum. Maybe a couple of extra boxes of ammo.
So when you are driving down the road, and suddenly, the sky is full of parachutes and Spetsnaz, and you swing into the local high school and start yelling at the football jocks to "jump in" and head for the mountains after packing the truck with camping gear and fruit loops and and and then someone gives me Lea Thompson and the chick from dirty dancing but I don't try and hit either one, but that doesn't make me gay, and we ambush fully armed Russian convoys, and....
Anyway... I'd like to have a truck gun.

NFW !! Don't go crushing my dreams man!
My trucks always have the double cab, and the rear seat folds forward. I have always wanted to devise a locking rifle rack for a lever gun in 44 mag. hidden behind the seat. The perfect compliment to my S&W 29 with the 6-1/2" barrel. Hang a couple of bandoliers chock full of 44 magnum. Maybe a couple of extra boxes of ammo.
So when you are driving down the road, and suddenly, the sky is full of parachutes and Spetsnaz, and you swing into the local high school and start yelling at the football jocks to "jump in" and head for the mountains after packing the truck with camping gear and fruit loops and and and then someone gives me Lea Thompson and the chick from dirty dancing but I don't try and hit either one, but that doesn't make me gay, and we ambush fully armed Russian convoys, and....
Anyway... I'd like to have a truck gun.

8aef475da8ff3bfdd05e0e6ee91e48d2f1098f793f4569cfa7fb4a241ee2d68a.jpg

The only way to be sure of real winning in this state is not putting yourself in a position where someone is examining your gun as part of some sort of
investigation.

Of course we now have two ways totally out of your control. 209a restraining order by your crazy ass bitch domestic partner and a red flag by just about anyone. All these, without due process, result in confiscation of your toy collection and a likely fishing expedition for “illegal” weapons.

Of course we now have two ways totally out of your control. 209a restraining order by your crazy ass bitch domestic partner and a red flag by just about anyone. All these, without due process, result in confiscation of your toy collection and a likely fishing expedition for “illegal” weapons.

Sad but true.

Back
Top Bottom