• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Adjustable stock question

It looks like that would be acceptable but even on sale $29.70 it seems to be a lot more expensive than drilling a hole and sticking in a roll pin. I can punch my roll pin out, adjust the stock and put it back in the same 30 seconds. You do need a punch and small hammer.

My memory is a little rusty on the buttstock AWB law but last I looked it simply said it could not be adjustable? I want to say it would satisfy the law....... It prevents the buttstock from adjusting and it requires tools to take the buttstock off the buffer tube to remove the stock lok.

Also, here's a much cheaper option that also may satisfy the Mass AWB law

My memory is a little rusty on the buttstock AWB law but last I looked it simply said it could not be adjustable? I want to say it would satisfy the law....... It prevents the buttstock from adjusting and it requires tools to take the buttstock off the buffer tube to remove the stock lok.

I thought that it said they couldn't be "collapse-able" not adjustable. That would mean even a fixed stock with an adjustable cheek rest would be unlawful.

I haven't looked at the verbiage in a while like I mentioned. Here's the 2004 AWB verbiage summarized on NES.

"folding or telescoping stock"

And somewhere I think it’s stated that if it needs a tool to adjust the length it’s not telescoping.

That's what I remember as well. Requiring a tool to adjust it, makes it not telescoping. I just can't remember where I saw that exact verbiage.

Hmmm, if the outside of the tube was threaded
and the inside of the butt was threaded,
and there was a locknut,
it wouldn't be "telescoping", would it?

After all, we don't say that a water faucet is "telescoping".
70659861-cross-section-of-brass-faucet-isolated-on-white-background-3d-illustration.jpg

Depending on what stock you are running or want to run, simply pull the spring out of the lever, set where you want, and drop in a dowel or some other stop. No silly $30 parts or gimmicks. Essentially free. Fully restorable. Done.

Back
Top Bottom