Adios Amigos!

After nearly ten years here on NE Shooters, I am signing off (hopefully forever) and returning to my home in the mountains of North Carolina.

I want to thank Derek, Eddie Coyle, Lens and all the other tolerant moderators and members for their information, guidance and knowledge who have guided myself and thousands of other ignoramuses like me through the nightmare of the Gestapo MA firearm labyrinth.

I do regret that I must leave behind my friends and acquaintances who, through family and job restraints, must remain behind this frozen iron curtain.

I have been fortunate enough to live and travel all over the world and the US. New England has certainly been a life experience. However, it is one that I hope to never experience again.

I don't mean that as a slam.

I'm just a 63 year-old Southern hillbilly who needs to get back home.

Thanks guys and gals. You've all been great! Please devote your lives and finances to destroying the liberal, communist, democrat strangle-hold on this otherwise wonderful state.

I'll be watching and cheering.
Dave

Enjoy your life as we enjoyed your company and contributions over the years

Having spent a week in Asheville a couple of summers ago, I can understand the appeal. Friendly people, five medical centers within easy driving distance, beautiful scenery.

And of course, alot of common sense in regards to firearms.

I think I was most impressed by the climate. At 2000 ft elevation, it was warm but with little or no humidity. We were less comfortable when we came home and got hit in the face with the humidity.

Please stay in touch with the forum - and help us remember what freedom feels like.

Glad you got the chance to get back home. Good luck!
We have land in the mountains of NC too (Henderson County) and will be heading out as soon as we can.