• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

address verification

cb1

does anyone on here know how the licensing authority verifies an address? do they use the RMV database? voter registration?

i was told that i did not need to supply anything extra, such as utility bills, etc, so i'm curious as to what method they will be using.

Thanks.

oh ok. thats what i thought but i was curious. i'm still registered to vote in boston from when i was in school but my drivers license and "permanent" address never changed.

thanks for the quick response.

Since we're talking about addresses limited to the issuing Chief's own town, I'm pretty sure they use the true list. (Ch. 51, sec. 4.)

G. L. (2004 ed.) ch. 51, sec. 4 (partial):

"Registrars, assistant registrars, or boards having similar duties under any general or special law, except in the city of Boston, shall annually in January or February visit or communicate with the residents of each building in their respective cities and towns and, after diligent inquiry, shall make true lists containing, as nearly as they can ascertain, the name, date of birth, occupation, veteran status, nationality, if not a citizen of the United States, and residence on January 1 of the preceding year and the current year, of each person three years of age or older residing in their respective cities and towns. The police department of a city or town shall, upon request, have access to the lists"

Back
Top Bottom