Address Change Form for LTC Question

I know, dumb question but it sounds like it's a trick question.
So I'm moving within the same town, I know I have to send the form in to the FRB and the local PD
my new residential address will be different but can I keep the same mailing address as where I was before I moved and what it says on my LTC (and fill it in as such)

Thats what I figured too. If people could play mailing addresses off residential addresses to suit themselves, then anyone could live anywhere they say and wish, as long sd they could pickup mail there, to avoid restrictive towns/cities etc fir ltc purposes, no?

It's funny im in the same position I moved in the same town different street you can use your old address for mailing as long as u change over all your licenses address etc someone correct me if I'm wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically it's for them knowing where you keep your guns at.. no?

Thats what I figured too. If people could play mailing addresses off residential addresses to suit themselves, then anyone could live anywhere they say and wish, as long sd they could pickup mail there, to avoid restrictive towns/cities etc fir ltc purposes, no?
no one would ever do such a thing in MA, thats for sure

I know, dumb question but it sounds like it's a trick question.
So I'm moving within the same town, I know I have to send the form in to the FRB and the local PD
my new residential address will be different but can I keep the same mailing address as where I was before I moved and what it says on my LTC (and fill it in as such)

WAT? Then what's the point of notifying? /boggle. Jeeethus Cwithe.

NSFW:

Last edited by a moderator:
you can use any mailing address you want in a free country.

explain p.o. boxes if that is untrue.

however ,dont lie on your ma. licences.

about your residential addy.

Last edited:
I moved from a house to a condo but still have ownership of the house and rather my mail go there than the condo. However if it's bad juju for this i suppose I can leave my mailing address as my condo.

See how tricky this is? [hmmm]

I moved within the same town and changed the address. I don't get why you can't update your address to the current condo address, it's not like you get important weekly newsletters or something in the mail from the FRB or local PD and need it sent to your house address. This is so the files at the FRB and PD are updated not so much about receiving mail to a new address??

But an issue might come up if God forbid you have to use your gun and they don't have your current address where you live on file? I've had a long day so I aplogize if my post makes zero sense [laugh]. Just thought I'd chime in since I had to change mine within the same town.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom