1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Adam Sandler!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by kurtb, Jul 23, 2012.

1. kurtb

kurtb NES Member

How in the hell do they let this guy keep making movies!!??? I was forced to watch some of the most recent one last night and it was as bad as everything else he has done (with the exception of Happy Gilmore). But for the love of god - its like the same stupid movie and character over and over again and again!! [banghead]

Are people really paying to see these films?

2. MisterHappy

MisterHappy NES Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
    Well....I think that most of his movies are by "Happy Gilmore Productions".....so he rolls his own, as it were.

And, yes....people pay to see them.

My kids think he's a comic genius.....they're 13 and 15......so.....everyone with a kid's taste in entertainment is in the market demographic. If "angry birds" can take over the interwebs he's dead-nuts on....

He's gonna get richer!

As an aside, I was once told, "Old movies are better...you never see any bad ones."

"Dude, the bad ones are all forgotten....only the good ones are remembered."

Fifty years from now, we'll know if he was a genius, or not.

3. gpugliese

gpugliese

He may not be a genius in the Albert Einstein sense ... but financially he's doing something right.

[​IMG]

4. Rider

Rider

I don't like most of his movies, but some of the spinoffs, like Grandma's Boy, are flippin' hilarious, IMHO. He's got this ensemble of people who keep doing the same idiotic stuff, but when it's good, it's really good.

1 person likes this.
  5. Hiltonizer

Hiltonizer Banned

I think it's hit and miss, the more adult oriented stuff I think is great. If it's R rated is usually awesome. PG-13 you start batting 500. Anything less is just unwatchable purely kid oriented.

In recent years Grown Ups was pretty good. Funny people was awesome. The new due out soon with Andy Samberg looks hysterical, That's My Boy... they shot a lot of it at the Cabs in Peabody.

Jack and Jill was a joke.. I'd never see it. Anyone that appreciates what he's capable of it like WTF is this crap. But.. it made bank.

6. atmay

atmay NES Member

That's My Boy was f--king hysterical

edmorseiii, Maninblue1861 and Shawnyc like this.
  7. hminsky

hminsky NES Life Member NES Member

I knew a**h***s like him in grade school, they were not funny then, and they're not funny now.

Kevin_NH likes this.
  8. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

...sucks!!!!!

Oh, this isn't fill in the blank?

Yeah...I feel ya. I liked Water Boy and Billy Maddison...but that was about it.

9. Maxpower

Maxpower Banned

Jack and Jill > Grown Ups if you can get over his voice when he plays his sister. Grown Ups is unwatchable. I could finish Jack and Jill and even laughed during it.

10. jasons

jasons Moderator Moderator NES Life Member NES Member

He laughing all the way to the bank. (And good for him.)

11. MisterHappy

MisterHappy NES Member

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
    I liked Mister Deeds.....the scene with the butler whomping on his frostbite foot, and the eulogy scene with Al Sharpton were great.

12. Cuda444

Cuda444 NES Member

Saw that's my boy the other day. Paid $4 bucks to see it. I wouldn't pay any more than that, that's for sure. I guess I was surprised that it was WAY raunchier/wrong than I expected. Incestuous and statutory stuff to the MAX. I laughed a bit, it's also damn near impossible to offend me, but the 80+ year old woman sitting in front of me was literally doubled over slapping her knee in laughter... That was worth the price of admission given the content of the movie and the age and reaction of this woman. Two other older folks politely got up and walked out after about 20 minutes.

Certainly not one of his better works. I'd say he's batting 250 for his career in terms of quality of films... Batting 1000 financially. The same character every time is getting pretty old, though.

13. 45collector

45collector NES Member

The only reason I'm going to see "That's My Boy" when it comes out on Redbox is because last year when 3 friends and I were going out to go off-roading and striper fishing on Chapin Beach in Dennis, the Dennis PD had shut the beach down because they were filming scenes for that movie. When we were turned around in the parkinglot and driving back down the road, a white Mustang convertible came flying around the corner for some scene they were filming. I'm curious to see if they caught in the shot me and my pissed off friends in the SUV with 6 surfcasting poles bungied to the roof rack. Probably not, but if so, you'll see my NES sticker too. We went to Crowes Pasture to fish instead and we didn't catch shit. Although one buddy's rod bent over and fell in the sand but whatever fish it was got free.

So, Sandler, your movie better make me laugh my ass off to make it worth all the hassle of getting all geared up to go fishing at our favorite spot only to be turned around. The cop that denied us was a pretty good lookin' blonde chick though, so that was cool.

edmorseiii likes this.
  14. silversquirrel

silversquirrel NES Member

Adam Sandler doing another one on the North Shore this summer, apparently.
    My wife took the boy and his friends to Salem for some local history. The boys spotted him and his kids in the old city hall museum. Wife too shy (or well mannered) for a selfie request... The kids got a kick out of it anyway.

Jason Flare likes this.
  15. 01906

01906 NES Member

They've been decorating Marblehead for Halloween the past couple of days. Must be shooting there this week

shiprec13 likes this.
  16. jason19711971

jason19711971 NES Member

Sounds like you saw "That's My Boy"

17. SHOCKNAWE

SHOCKNAWE

I have never liked anything Adam Sandler, his stupid voice drives me up a freaking wall. My girlfriend begged me to go to Mansfield a few weeks ago with a few other couples and I refused without ever any thought of giving in. She went with her Brother and 3 other couples.

Kevin_NH likes this.
  18. FormerlyIndifferent

FormerlyIndifferent

I met him once, during the years he was on SNL. Met his brother too, who was his manager at the time. Talked with him for a few (several?) minutes. Very nice guy and completely "normal" to talk to.....

19. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 NES Member

When they were filming the last grown ups he walked into my friends sandwich shop in Marblehead. Manhattan Sandwich Co. Tried to get him to try his best sandwiches, but he was eating paleo and went for meatballs.

Picton likes this.
  20. zboys

zboys NES Member

If Jennifer Anniston is his costar I'll keep watching him.
    For the Grown Ups 2 movie filmed locally, I rented the set a few of my old gas station signs and gas pump, they can be seen when the guy is rolling down the street in a tire

Fixxah, wmass and silversquirrel like this.
  21. beaker

beaker NES Member

Interviewer to Chuck Norris: "You aren't a very good actor"

Chuck Norris " I never said I was a good actor, but I make a lot of money"

Jason Flare and drgrant like this.
  22. SgtHal75

SgtHal75 NES Member

Not to be a pain but I think most of his stuff is really funny. Are u taking about Murder Mystery???? That movie is actually pretty good. Little Nicky is hilarious.. believe it or not I couldn’t stand Billy Madison.

Fixxah likes this.
  23. strangenh

strangenh NES Member

Chuck Norris does not act in movies. Movies act around Chuck Norris.

24. BBQ.Uncle

BBQ.Uncle NES Life Member NES Member

The Waterboy was genius.

3A156982-057D-4140-96E0-1B4C8A85DFE0.gif

SgtHal75, andrew1220 and wmass like this.
  25. MikeH

MikeH NES Member

A few years back, my sister-in-law is a patient at Mass General. My wife and I are leaving when he gets on the elevator. She mentions her sister being a big fan. He says let's go see her. Back to the room, he spent a good 5 minutes cheering her up. I thought that was pretty classy.

EMTDAD, Jason Flare, JayMcB and 5 others like this.
  26. beaker

beaker NES Member

Sandler is a good guy, I think he has had some dogs, and some really great movies, like most actors.

MarlboroughMan and andrew1220 like this.
  27. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

I wouldn't call myself a fan of Sandler's, but You Don't Mess With The Zohan is one of the funniest friggin things I've ever seen.

beaker and Zappa like this.
  28. silversquirrel

silversquirrel NES Member

Pixels was a good one.

FormerlyIndifferent likes this.
  29. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

He relates to the lowest common denominator. Formulaic feel good crap but he does seem like a decent guy. Can’t fault him for rehashing the same crap and making millions

30. shiprec13

shiprec13 NES Member

Weird driving in down in old town Marblehead and seeing it decorated for Halloween. I was told they are filming this week.
    Never heard a bad thing said about the guy and he has filmed a lot around here.