Activist wants Amherst, Northampton to help resettle refugees, asylum seeker

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
AMHERST — Thousands of undocumented immigrants, both adults and children, are being held in detention centers across the United States, with their numbers swelling as the Trump administration prioritizes immigration enforcement.

With the camps overseen by Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the Office of Refugee Resettlement holding an average of 42,000 people per day last year, actions have increased to raise awareness of these sites. Recently, several residents from the area spendt time outside a youth detention camp in Homestead, Florida, and several dozen residents protested family separation, overcrowded camps and inhumane treatment on Independence Day rally in Shutesbury by walking from the Lake Wyola Dam to the nearby state park.

But as much as local activists would like to see these sites closed and people released as they await asylum hearings and other court proceedings, Amherst activist Vincent O’Connor says this won’t happen unless a process is created by which undocumented immigrants can be welcomed into local cities and towns.

O’Connor is encouraging officials in Amherst to establish a resettlement commission on refugees and asylum seekers. He sees this commission’s role as exploring and identifying places in town, likely private homes, where people could be accommodated when released from government custody.

Activist wants Amherst, Northampton to help resettle refugees, asylum seeker

What can go wrong???

421768_600.jpg

It's not like these 3 young Swedish girls weren't raped and killed by some friendly house guests.

Train-of-hope-by-Franz-Ferdinand-Photography-on-Flickr.jpg

Amherst has not yet learned the lessons of Germany or Portland.

Stay tuned!

426wedge

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend that lives in Amherst and is a Unitarian. I know that they shelter illegals there, in their "church".

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is my argument to the "Let Them In" crowd: How many of these refugees are you willing to house, at your own expense, with no help from the government (meaning me, via taxes).
I'll take three adult males. They can live in a tent, shit in the bushes and cook their own food on the grille. When they are done with the yard work I'll kick their sorry asses out, drive them to Amherst and drop them off. Jack.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
I have a friend that lives in Amherst and is a Unitarian. I know that they shelter illegals there, in their "church".
At least they (friend and church) are stepping up, and doing something other than protesting and shouting. You may not agree with their attitude or actions, but you have to acknowledge that they're standing up for what they believe in.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
At least they (friend and church) are stepping up, and doing something other than protesting and shouting. You may not agree with their attitude or actions, but you have to acknowledge that they're standing up for what they believe in.
No problem if they do it with their own $$, not mine. Jack.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These people aren't refugees or asylum seekers, they are invaders. The people enabling them are traitors. The countries that these people come from have been shitholes for decades and will continue to be for the near future. Just because your country is a shithole doesn't mean your eligible for asylum in our country.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
These people aren't refugees or asylum seekers, they are invaders. The people enabling them are traitors. The countries that these people come from have been shitholes for decades and will continue to be for the near future. Just because your country is a shithole doesn't mean your eligible for asylum in our country.
I would guess that you're not a democrat. Jack.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i do not see the need for some commission to STUDY it!

Just start a grassroots effort, open the doors of your house to ten illegal aliens, and get your other leftist neighbors to do the same. there is PLENTY of room in your houses to let them in.

Top Bottom