• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active shooter situation reported at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base

Upon arrival at the medical center, security forces began a systematic sweep of the 99,000 square foot facility. At one point, a security officer discharged his weapon to get through a locked door.​

Hospital pop.

The gunshot fired by a member of the WPAFB security forces during the sweep of the base medical center is under investigation, as is the entirety of what happened on the base Thursday, Sherman said.​

"We have thorough investigation that's taking place that will give us the opportunity to determine the context, the reaction and decisions that were made," Col. Sherman said.​

The airman who breached the door with a gunshot will be the only one to get in trouble.

Still boggles my mind that our armed forces aren’t allowed to open carry on base here, and are told to hide in place and wait for local police to handle it. Whaaat?

Should be just the opposite, everyone’s armed, first sign of a shooter and the gates get locked. No one out, no one in, let them hunt and kill the MF and leave his body outside the main gate for the coroner. Done.

Por717A.jpg

Can I silk-screen an AR if I have the time and patience?

Normally it's easier to just order on-line.

black-guns-matter-600x525.jpg

But Howie's liquidating his T-shirt inventory, and even if he has that design in stock, you can only order a random shirt of the proper size and cross your fingers they pick it from the box.

Honestly Mike, and I agree with you by the way, you put it well, I don’t think his post to me had anything to do with the topic.

See post #4 of 33 and then his response later to me which directly conflicts with #4.

From the initial tone and cheap shot I think he’s still stinging from a disagreement we had last month and was lashing out hoping to hit a nerve. Kind of took me by surprise too but it is what it is, I’ll go find one of those free hugs people downtown and all will be fine.

Last edited:
Is that what you would have done back in your day in the 'Old Corps', or are you just shooting from the hip again?

Were Marines and other military personnel allowed to carry on base at any point in recent history? I'm pretty sure the amount of people getting shot on base would be 10x what it is now if everyone carried. The base I'm on right now is the exception to the rule, but I'm pretty sure every other one would have an 'ND of the Day' board in the chow hall.
I've seen some pretty stupid shit posted in here over the last 13 years. You being a Marine and posting this moved you up a few pegs on that leader board.

It was a legitimate question with insight from my admittedly limited perspective on active duty military (not all military personnel are Marines, but not surprised that the NES cuck squad is trying to put words in my mouth again) and their inability to properly handle weapons under controlled conditions.

It’s your show, so I guess I’m wrong if you say I am.

Lickin’ chicken...roger, out.

Semper sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom