• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter Reported In Nashville Cinema, Suspect Dead

It was a shooting, he was a gunman, this is repeated constantly in the headlines and body of the stories. Except that he wasn't... even when they also say in the same story that he was the only one shot they still refer to him as "the shooter" and/or "the gunman". He didn't really have a real gun, it sounds like, and he didn't actually shoot anyone (except maybe with pellets and that isn't even clear). How do they get away with so much inaccuracy and obviously towards an agenda. I understand its a confusing thing and information came in slowly, but UPDATE the story and correct the misleading headlines as information comes in!! These headlines just serve as more anti fodder even if later shown to be inaccurate.

Wtf! Pretty soon you'll have to go through metal detectors when going to see a movie! This kind of crap is exactly why I don't go unarmed to the movies!

And this will improve things for the shooters. Now they just have to shoot the guy monitoring the metal detector first and then move on to the crowd that’s guaranteed to be unarmed.

It was a shooting, he was a gunman, this is repeated constantly in the headlines and body of the stories. Except that he wasn't... even when they also say in the same story that he was the only one shot they still refer to him as "the shooter" and/or "the gunman". He didn't really have a real gun, it sounds like, and he didn't actually shoot anyone (except maybe with pellets and that isn't even clear). How do they get away with so much inaccuracy and obviously towards an agenda. I understand its a confusing thing and information came in slowly, but UPDATE the story and correct the misleading headlines as information comes in!! These headlines just serve as more anti fodder even if later shown to be inaccurate.

Exactly - he was armed with a hatchet, pepper spray and PELLET GUN. But let's make sure we keep running the headline - "Theater Shooter" or "Theater Gunman". Movie goers report hearing shots fired - that was when the police were shooting the nut job. Media won't change the headline or tagline - too easy to keep fueling the anti-gun agenda.

Appears so.
The news is still headlining it as another theater shooting.
[banghead]

technically they are right, some WAS shot in the theater... the fact that it was just an peon who was gunned down by cops dosnt make any differnce, they will be adding his name to the list of 'victim killed by guns' at the same time they add this to the 'mass shooting' lists (after all 3 people where 'shot' with pepper spray so it will count for them)

This one hit a little close to home. My ex wife and I lived in an apartment complex that is about two minutes away from the theater. She still lives there, so I had to contact her for the first time in years to make sure she was ok. [puke]

I realize that these things can happen anywhere, but the neighborhood has really turned into a dump in the past ten years or so. Her current husband got mugged taking the trash to the dumpster a year or two ago. Says a lot about the quality of life there. [rolleyes]

On the Nightly News on ABC last night they kept describing the suspect being killed in a "firefight" and "gun battle".... Doesn't that mean that both sides were shooting at each other??? [rolleyes]

I watched fox for several hours this morning. They ran the same headline/tag line as everyone else. Finally after a few hours, they dropped the "shooter" emphasis...but how many people were still paying attention at that point....would have expected better from Fox!

ok...so now lets say this happened in Mass. And a good guy with a gun was in that theater. And the good guy with a gun responded and wasted the perp. In Mass.......would that good guy with a gun get arrested and convicted and sent away?

ok...so now lets say this happened in Mass. And a good guy with a gun was in that theater. And the good guy with a gun responded and wasted the perp. In Mass.......would that good guy with a gun get arrested and convicted and sent away?

"Shootout at local theater ends with one death and one arrest. News at 11"

Of course. I mean for crying out loud the shooter didn't even have a gun. You shot an unarmed boy who was turning his life around!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

"Shootout at local theater ends with one death and one arrest. News at 11"

lol...that is my guess as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course. I mean for crying out loud the shooter didn't even have a gun. You shot an unarmed boy who was turning his life around!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

yes, but the cop was just doing his job. Same decision and same result. Only difference is he will not be arrested or prosecuted as a non-leo would be.

Your suppose to make sure that the threat is a real gun before you shoot back. [rolleyes]

Exactly - he was armed with a hatchet, pepper spray and PELLET GUN. But let's make sure we keep running the headline - "Theater Shooter" or "Theater Gunman". Movie goers report hearing shots fired - that was when the police were shooting the nut job. Media won't change the headline or tagline - too easy to keep fueling the anti-gun agenda.

Maybe it is that, but what's that old saying... "Don't ascribe to malice what can be explained by stupidity." or something.

The douchebags in the media want everything to be a shooting so badly, that they resist changing the verbiage because it will drive down hits/interest/traction on the story. Not as much drama if the fruitloops just shot some prancing retard with a can of OC and a hatchet.

Your suppose to make sure that the threat is a real gun before you shoot back. [rolleyes]
Sounds good in Hollywood, just like shooting a gun out of an attacker's hand or just shooting them in the leg; not so easy in practice.

Ignoring the post-incident damage, could you, or anyone, make a split-second decision, that your life (or someone else's) depended upon, that this item was absolutely not a firearm if it were pointed toward you (or someone else)?
f59a2503159749237e0f6a706700028a.jpg

I say no way.

Again, this was suicide by cop.

Sounds good in Hollywood, just like shooting a gun out of an attacker's hand or just shooting them in the leg; not so easy in practice.

Ignoring the post-incident damage, could you, or anyone, make a split-second decision, that your life (or someone else's) depended upon, that this item was absolutely not a firearm if it were pointed toward you (or someone else)?

I say no way.

Guess I should of put the sarcasm emoji in there for you guys. No shit anyone wouldn't be able to tell.

I say no way.

Agreed - In the split second you have to decide to save your life or the lives of others - that is a "real" gun all the way. Suicide by cop 100%.

I say no way.

You speak the truth sir!

I just heard Showcase Cinemas is banning backpacks and................may go as far as installing metal detectors and searching movie goers. [thinking]

I just heard Showcase Cinemas is banning backpacks and................may go as far as installing metal detectors and searching movie goers. [thinking]

Ok....so now you have a plan to detect a firearm. So what happens when you find one. How do you determine that they person is a threat and if they are what is the plan to neutralize that threat. You're setting him off early and banning good guys with guns from even having a chance at saving themselves....

I don't go to the movies anyway. Wife takes the girls sometimes, but I think that will stop now too.

Back
Top Bottom