• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter Reported In Nashville Cinema, Suspect Dead

Theater Shooting- Nashville

http://www.wsmv.com/story/29717483/active-shooter-reported-at-antioch-theater

Police: Active shooter reported dead at Nashville area theater

Posted: Aug 05, 2015 2:36 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 05, 2015 3:10 PM EDT
Posted by Chuck MorrisCONNECT

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
Metro Police report the shooter at the Carmike 8 Cinema is dead.

The Nashville Fire Department confirmed that shots were being fired at the Carmike 8 Cinemas on Bell Road at 1:55 p.m.

Police responded to a shots fired call about 1:15.

Dispatch confirmed three EMS units have been sent to the scene.

A spokesperson at Vanderbilt University Medical Center does not know if it will receive any patients.

Witnesses at a nearby business reported one person covered with blood.

The Ford Ice Center has been placed on lock down.

The Global Mall, which is next to the theater, has also been placed on lock down.

Last month a shooter opened fire a movie theater in Lafayette, LA.

The shooter killed two and injured eight before killing himself on July 23. Police said the 58-year-old gunman was armed with a handgun and acted alone.

In 2012, another man opened fire on a movie theater in Aurora, CO, killing 12 and injuring 70 more, in one of the largest mass shootings in U.S. history. The gunman, James Holmes, has been found guilty in the attack and is going through a sentencing trial to determine if he’ll receive the death penalty.

Check back to WSMV.com and Channel 4 News for updates.

Copyright 2015 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Last edited:
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ve-shooter-reported-antioch-theater/31171021/Shooter believed to be dead.

Metro police say a suspect who opened fire in a Antioch theater this afternoon also had a hatchet and may have injured one person with the hatchet.

Police said about 2:20 p.m. they were examining two backpacks, one on the suspect and one left in the theater. Police spokesman Don Aaron said officers entered the theater showing Mad Max through the projection room and engaged the suspect in gunfire.
The suspect was killed, he said.
The dispatcher said the shooting was reported at 1:13 p.m. at the theater at 901 Bell Road. The theater is Carmike Hickory 8, according to address records.
At about 1:50 p.m., police scanner traffic indicated it was still an active situation. About 2 p.m., police scanner traffic indicated the suspect may have left a backpack inside the theater that has to be checked by police.
Minutes after 2 p.m., Metro Nashville police tweeted that the suspect was dead.
Extra police patrols have reportedly been assigned at Bellevue 8 movie theater. Dozens of police officers flooded the scene of the shooting and blocked traffic in the area.
Jeremy Cardoza, who works at Ford Ice Center nearby, said the business was on lockdown and no one was allowed in or to leave. He said there were about 25 people there at the time, mostly children.
"We're waiting on instructions from police, we have not been contacted yet," he said. "We had a parent come in and they kind of just told us that there were a bunch of cops posted outside."
A SWAT team is on the scene, according to scanner traffic.

Wtf! Pretty soon you'll have to go through metal detectors when going to see a movie! This kind of crap is exactly why I don't go unarmed to the movies!

UPDATE (2:50PM): The Metro Police Public Information Officer states only three people suffered "superficial" injuries during the shooting situation. The suspect is believed to have used pepper spray on the three victims. One of the victims also suffered a bruise on the shoulder or arm that could have been from the hatched the shooter was carrying. At this time, no serious injuries are expected.

a bruise?

So he used pepper spray on 3 people and one of them has a bruise. Has there been any confirmation he even had a gun?

would somebody PLEASE shoot these *******s back, and then I can return to viewing my overpriced Hollywood piece of shit entertainment?

Thanks

AK

So he used pepper spray on 3 people and one of them has a bruise. Has there been any confirmation he even had a gun?

No. He shot at the officer. Shot what, we dont know. There is no mention of a gun but a shot. He may have shot pepper spray at the cop. I dont know. I dont hear that anyone was shot in the theater.

When confronted by at least 5 officers, the suspect fled to the back of the building where authorities say he opened fire on them.Metro police then returned fire, killing the suspect. His identity was not immediately released but officials said he was a 51-year-old local white man.
His backpack was detonated by the bomb squad as authorities were not comfortable opening it.

http://wkrn.com/2015/08/05/heavy-police-presence-at-antioch-movie-theater/

Welp that's it, never letting my girlfriend talk me out of sitting in the last row near the aisle ever again.

Welp that's it, never letting my girlfriend talk me out of sitting in the last row near the aisle ever again.

.gov is setting up the photo shoot for release to the media started once the perp's stunt double getting all bloodied up and into position

- - - Updated - - -

You still go to movies?

And he still says welp

My head hurts a little.
If I have this all straight.
Guy enters theater with gun, hatchet and pepper spray.
Pepper sprays the joint, bonks someone with the hatchet, never shoots anyone. Police show up and shot the guy.
If he was trying go kill a bunch of people , he sucks at it or someone sucks at getting the facts right.
A theater shooting where no one gets shot. (Except the bad guy).

My head hurts a little.
Pepper sprays the joint, bonks someone with the hatchet, never shoots anyone. Police show up and shot the guy.
If he was trying go kill a bunch of people , he sucks at it or someone sucks at getting the facts right.

im thinking he somehow gassed himself with the pepper spray and that slowed him down

So you can be the first person he sees when he comes in the door?

We used to hardly ever go to movies. Maybe once every couple of years. Not because of security but we just didn't have the money or time, and didn't want to fight the crowds. Now that we're retired we have been taking advantage of the Tuesday matinee specials. I go in carrying, despite the no weapons signs on the door. And I do turn my head every time somebody comes down the aisle.

So you can be the first person he sees when he comes in the door?.
Go for the high ground, the balcony (assuming there are any theaters that have them anymore).
My head hurts a little.
Pepper sprays the joint, bonks someone with the hatchet, never shoots anyone. Police show up. He shoots at them. They shoot him.
FIFY
Suicide by cop.

Back
Top Bottom