Active shooter Lee NH market basket

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Update — the friends daughter is a bit shaken but OK.
As most have said the guy didn’t get in the store but did shoot a few times.

The interesting thing is the mom now wants to get a handgun and training.
She realizes that having one in this case was not necessary but asked — what if he was in the store?

More interesting - She wasn’t against guns but didn’t understand why we carry. That has changed.

Even more interesting. - three other people called this afternoon and asked my wife what they should do to get a gun.
Her response was vote for Trump, get training, then get a gun that is comfortable for you.
Don’t skip the training and practice often.
Good to hear, so, now that we know she’s safe, it begs the question, why did your “friends” “daughter” call you?? Hmmmmm.

C’mon it’s Saturday, gotta lighten it up a little. lol

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
[thumbsup]

My EDC is a Sig P220 DA/SA Compact. One in the chamber, decocked. I rarely do so (and would draw lots of ridicule from the NES millennial mall ninjas) but I'd also carry a 1911 cocked and locked. I'm OK taking the hits for dislike of striker fired carry w/ one in the pipe. Occasionally I will do so with my Glocks but don't like the chance of a ND. I'll bet the percentage of ND's tilt grossly towards striker fired designs. Is it the design or the number of boneheads who prefer Glocks, M&P's, etc?

Glad OP's friend's daughter is safe.
Same with OP's daughter. Yeah, I have a G17 that had a NY police trigger that I measured was something like 11lbs or something crazy like that IIRC. Attilla sent me a better one free of charge which was cool. I'm not sure where I stand on it all really, I think my dad (retired Army Colonel brainwashed me as a kid to always keep the safety on when we would go to the range) As for the 1911, I have no valuable opinion at all as I've never had the pleasure of owning one :oops:

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
He drove from Bar Harbor, ME to the Lee Market Place shopping plaza and fired between 1 and 13 shots into the air. Quality detailed reporting.

omega42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Update — the friends daughter is a bit shaken but OK.
As most have said the guy didn’t get in the store but did shoot a few times.

The interesting thing is the mom now wants to get a handgun and training.
She realizes that having one in this case was not necessary but asked — what if he was in the store?

More interesting - She wasn’t against guns but didn’t understand why we carry. That has changed.

Even more interesting. - three other people called this afternoon and asked my wife what they should do to get a gun.
Her response was vote for Trump, get training, then get a gun that is comfortable for you.
Don’t skip the training and practice often.
That's good news all around - innocent folks OK and more people waking up.

omega42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And it rolled and dented his new truck! It should be an automatic death sentence for those no good, lazy bastids that don't put their carts away! ;) [laugh]
Millennial triggers. [laugh] In my day there were no corrals. One of my HS jobs was fetching carts from all over the supermarket parking lot. They don't push for damn in four inches of wet snow!

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Could be. Plausible scenario for loose clothing catching on trigger when folks carry in "condition 1" or whatever the mall ninjas call carrying a striker fired with one in the pipe.
I carry glocks with a round chambered. In a proper holster that covers the trigger.
Gun comes out with finger indexed high, gun is oriented towards target, finger goes on trigger, trigger is squeezed, gun fires.
If finished, finger indexes high again, gun is holstered. Unless in match - then "unload and show clear", slide forward, hammer/trigger, holster"

What has "loose clothing" got to do with this? I shoot with a cover garment, (practice and IDPA), and without one, (practice and USPSA).

And why is carrying a striker fired pistol with a round in the chamber "mall ninja" behavior?

If I carry with an empty chamber, I need two hands and extra time to get that firearm functional. I may need my off hand for any number of things depending upon the circumstances. Worst case, I may be firing with that off hand, if my primary hand gets damaged.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear, so, now that we know she’s safe, it begs the question, why did your “friends” “daughter” call you?? Hmmmmm.

C’mon it’s Saturday, gotta lighten it up a little. lol

She knows that we carry most of the time and trusts us.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Given the "Shooter" is from Bar Harbor. ME.....anyone else betting its a new dem gun owner?

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I carry glocks with a round chambered. In a proper holster that covers the trigger.
Gun comes out with finger indexed high, gun is oriented towards target, finger goes on trigger, trigger is squeezed, gun fires.
If finished, finger indexes high again, gun is holstered. Unless in match - then "unload and show clear", slide forward, hammer/trigger, holster"

What has "loose clothing" got to do with this? I shoot with a cover garment, (practice and IDPA), and without one, (practice and USPSA).

And why is carrying a striker fired pistol with a round in the chamber "mall ninja" behavior?

If I carry with an empty chamber, I need two hands and extra time to get that firearm functional. I may need my off hand for any number of things depending upon the circumstances. Worst case, I may be firing with that off hand, if my primary hand gets damaged.
Mall ninja is just stirring the sh!t with those who are 'OMG YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON'T CARRY WITH ONE IN THE CHAMBER'. The video I linked to was a guy with what I think is a G43. The consensus is that he jammed clothing- shirt probably, in with the gun when he holstered it. As he bent over, clothing was tugged outward and hooked the trigger. Basically he paid stupid tax for improperly holstering his gun. It's happened before, or at least that's what some ND's have been attributed to.

Anywho, my EDC is DA/SA with a decocker so there's no reason to worry about one in the pipe. My summer / super concealment carry is a G43- admittedly with one in the pipe. Though I have many, striker fired pistols are not my favorites. Shitty triggers all and carrying with one in the pipe is like carrying a revolver with the hammer cocked. OK, slight exaggeration- but only slight. [devil]

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Millennial triggers. [laugh] In my day there were no corrals. One of my HS jobs was fetching carts from all over the supermarket parking lot. They don't push for damn in four inches of wet snow!
That's for sure. I used to work at some Dept. stores.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I like the Kydex pocker holster for carrying a G43. Sure, it's not a widebody crunchenticker, but the small nine you have with you beats the Glock 17 you left in the safe. I never holster the gun in my pocket. When the gun comes out to fire, I always remove the holster from my pocket and insert the gun before putting the pair back in the pocket, since it fully covers the trigger guard. Shoving a loaded Glock into a pocket with an unprotected trigger guard does not seem wise.

Last edited:

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

You describe a very careful situation that would indeed minimize the possibility of an ND. BUT you seem oblivious to what has been, more than once, identified as the cause of an ND with a Glock. That being clothing getting caughts inside the trigger guard. So how careful are you being if you haven't considered this possible cause of an ND? Shouldn't you stay current with what has happened to others.

Reactions: AHM

fshalor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
[thumbsup]

My EDC is a Sig P220 DA/SA Compact. One in the chamber, decocked. I rarely do so (and would draw lots of ridicule from the NES millennial mall ninjas) but I'd also carry a 1911 cocked and locked. I'm OK taking the hits for dislike of striker fired carry w/ one in the pipe. Occasionally I will do so with my Glocks but don't like the chance of a ND. I'll bet the percentage of ND's tilt grossly towards striker fired designs. Is it the design or the number of boneheads who prefer Glocks, M&P's, etc?

Glad OP's friend's daughter is safe.

NDs tilt strikingly towards lack of control of intrusion into the trigger guard.

Crappy holsters. Crappy discipline. And crappy understanding of the concept that a gun is always loaded.

Pointing something which can destroy at stuff you do not intend to destroy has a chance of doing the thing.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You describe a very careful situation that would indeed minimize the possibility of an ND. BUT you seem oblivious to what has been, more than once, identified as the cause of an ND with a Glock. That being clothing getting caughts inside the trigger guard. So how careful are you being if you haven't considered this possible cause of an ND? Shouldn't you stay current with what has happened to others.
No, I'm well aware of the danger of catching clothing in the trigger guard as you holster the firearm. It's one of the things we watch for as SO's, and something I pay attention to when I re-holster.

But using "loose clothing" as an indictment of carrying a chambered striker fire pistol isn't the answer. The answer to loose clothing is that you pay attention when you re-holster.

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy I guess is a local kook in ME with several arrests, burglary, OUIs, and is well known to police there. I wonder what brought him to Lee all the way from Bar Harbor.

Reactions: AHM

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
we have one of those in Concord, NH on Storr's street...we call it ghetto-basket.
There are now three Baskets in Salem, NH. One is the old Demoulas layout, the others are the new layout. I wonder if they will close the old one and remodel it now that the new store opened? Ive only been in the old one once during the early days of Corona, and simply because it had the least amount of cars of the three.

The Methuen store is an absolute dumpster fire. The layout makes absolutely no sense, and they have about 1/8 the selection of a normal store. Of course that would be the store thats off the exit I take to go home, so I stop there if needed for something quick, but its infuriating otherwise.

FormerlyIndifferent

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy I guess is a local kook in ME with several arrests, burglary, OUIs, and is well known to police there. I wonder what brought him to Lee all the way from Bar Harbor.
Maybe he thought it was Lee, MA, and he was going to shoot all the New Yorkers who were coming up to take over Maine, as they left NY?

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the "Shooter" is from Bar Harbor. ME.....anyone else betting its a new dem gun owner?
So a democrat for sure.

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
SWAT? Why not just send in a social worker. Town of Lee must have a lot of money.
‘Zactly - a social work and a psychologist. What’s with SWAT and a Bearcat? Slo Joe said a beat cop could just shoot such guys in the leg to flesh-wound them.

Top Bottom