Active shooter Lee NH market basket

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Gun was fired in the parking lot not the store......

NHCraigT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The initial call to emergency officials came as a possible shots-fired incident in the parking lot, a source said.
Lee police Chief Tom Dronsfield told WMUR that an armed person fired a round in the parking lot of the Market Basket Plaza off Route 125. Police remain at the scene.
Gordon Pike, a manager at the Market Basket, told WMUR that the store is on lockdown. He stressed that the armed person is not in the store and police are dealing with the situation in the parking lot.
A source told WMUR that a man in the parking lot is located near a truck with a handgun. All stores in the Market Basket plaza in Lee were asked to lock down, the source said.
A command post has been set up across the street at the urgent care center across the street. The SWAT team and Bearcat will arrive at the scene soon, a source said.

FormerlyIndifferent

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A source told WMUR that a man in the parking lot is located near a truck with a handgun.
[pics]

A command post has been set up across the street at the urgent care center across the street.
Are there any editors anymore? Are they on a Covid "smoke break"? Although I admit, I'd love to see a truck with a handgun.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anyone want to bet that the ND is a result of the guy reaching into his pocket to pull out a mask which MB mandates and accidentally fumbles/the mask straps get caught up in trigger?

"Covid causes ND @ MB in Lee"

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Anyone want to bet that the ND is a result of the guy reaching into his pocket to pull out a mask which MB mandates and accidentally fumbles/the mask straps get caught up in trigger?

Could be. Plausible scenario for loose clothing catching on trigger when folks carry in "condition 1" or whatever the mall ninjas call carrying a striker fired with one in the pipe.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0

I was thinking ND too but why call in SWAT? Sounds like he's barricaded in a motor vehicle so probably something more than just an "oopsie!"

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
it's that damn fruit...one step away from being dumpster food. mad as hell and ain't gonna...and so on and so on.....

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was thinking ND too but why call in SWAT? Sounds like he's barricaded in a motor vehicle so probably something more than just an "oopsie!"
"Barricaded in a motor vehicle" is something of an oxymoron dont you think?

I suspect there is a mundane explanation like.....he's waiting in his car for the inevitable popo response so he can explain the accidental ND.....but maybe I'm wrong and we've got a new flavor of retard out there....."barricading self in a vehicle"

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
"Barricaded in a motor vehicle" is something of an oxymoron dont you think?

I suspect there is a mundane explanation like.....he's waiting in his car for the inevitable popo response so he can explain the accidental ND.....but maybe I'm wrong and we've got a new flavor of retard out there....."barricading self in a vehicle"
By "barricade" I mean he ain't coming out on his own volition. Or at least that's what I'm inferring.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so, in other words, a total idiot!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update — the friends daughter is a bit shaken but OK.
As most have said the guy didn’t get in the store but did shoot a few times.

The interesting thing is the mom now wants to get a handgun and training.
She realizes that having one in this case was not necessary but asked — what if he was in the store?

More interesting - She wasn’t against guns but didn’t understand why we carry. That has changed.

Even more interesting. - three other people called this afternoon and asked my wife what they should do to get a gun.
Her response was vote for Trump, get training, then get a gun that is comfortable for you.
Don’t skip the training and practice often.

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Have I touched on a mall ninja nerve?

View attachment 400774
When I carry, I always have one in the chamber, but safety on. It's a Beretta 92 my EDC. I wish the safety release were a tad bigger, but it is what it is. Rag on me if you want, but I've practiced over, and over, and over again at the range with that pistol going from safety on to off and firing at a target. It's nearly one movement from my side, safety release, on target, and firing on target.

1602966230552.jpeg

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
When I carry, I always have one in the chamber, but safety on. It's a Beretta 92 my EDC. I wish the safety release were a tad bigger, but it is what it is. Rag on me if you want, but I've practiced over, and over, and over again at the range with that pistol going from safety on to off and firing at a target. It's nearly one movement from my side, safety release, on target, and firing on target.

View attachment 400788
[thumbsup]

My EDC is a Sig P220 DA/SA Compact. One in the chamber, decocked. I rarely do so (and would draw lots of ridicule from the NES millennial mall ninjas) but I'd also carry a 1911 cocked and locked. I'm OK taking the hits for dislike of striker fired carry w/ one in the pipe. Occasionally I will do so with my Glocks but don't like the chance of a ND. I'll bet the percentage of ND's tilt grossly towards striker fired designs. Is it the design or the number of boneheads who prefer Glocks, M&P's, etc?

Glad OP's friend's daughter is safe.

Top Bottom