Active shooter in Marshfield

I only heard what the media was saying about an active shooter when what they should have been saying is an armed suspect on the loose, for the PD to say an active shooter makes one wonder why. Do they want to cause even more panic. We know the MSM will sensationalize just about everything if not everything but the PD should get it right.
An excellent question to ask the PD once the dust settles.

Latest off the pager:

Marshfield, MA *Shooting* 844 Main St. U/D: Victim DOA At Hospital. Suspect Fled Into Woods With A Long Gun. Residents Sheltering In Place. 8:43pm

An earlier alert said they called for Boston and NEMLEC SWAT Teams.

Why was the guy on the T.V news making a bit of deal of the fact that he was "reporting from the High School" ?

A representative from the DA's office has to respond to all out of hospital deaths that are not due to natural causes. In this case, it's a homicide, so the DA's office will be prosecuting if the they catch the guy alive. Usually, there is an ADA on call for off hours responses. Detectives from the DA's office will also be responding, as the MSP will have primary jurisdiction.

What the f*** is the district attorney going to do?

According to the FBI and Homeland Security, this is not an active shooter. Don't let the news sensationalize your title.
"Unfortunately it was the Marshfield PD that issued that alert not any news media"

I hope the lady is ok !! That asswipe is compromising some prime time hunting grounds a week before deer season opens ! I’d love to see the thermal imaging from above when the cops close in on him !!

Facebook post from a nearby resident said a whole herd of deer were spooked out of the woods and running across the road.

The killer got away and is still on the loose, massive manhunt underway.

Wait a minute; I live much closer to NH than the Pike.
The guy could be almost anywhere by now?
Am I supposed to be sheltering in place?

(ETA: RIP to the victim, of course).

The very first time I CCWed was a few summers ago.
Some shirtless goober jumped out of the back seat of a car
during a traffic stop in town, and ran away.

PD evinced no idea of who he was,
but they put K-9 trackers on his trail on general principle.
And Reverse-911'ed the whole town.

However, our lawn needed mowing and it was going to rain the next day.
I decided that the solution to the problem was sitting in the gun safe.
I couldn't afford to sit around just in case some idiot
made a beeline through the better part of a mile and a half of tick-infested woodlands
and randomly snuck up on me.

Allen Warner, 51, of Rockland, convicted of first-degree murder Friday after a nearly two-week trial

Back
Top Bottom