• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter in CO, 10 Dead

"According to the court affidavit, Alissa had purchased a Ruger AR-556 semi-automatic pistol - a weapon that resembles a semi-automatic rifle and has a 30-round capacity - on March 16, six days before the shooting."

WTF. Lmfao. First it is a semi-automatic rifle. Second it's capacity is whatever you make it by choosing a magazine.
I doubt anyone even looked up the specs on Ruger's site, but it probably ships with 30rd mags. Who knows [rofl]

I don't pretend to speak or understand moonbat.

There might have been a slide with a folding chair now that you mention it
Meh; I always envision the chairs in high school.
Especially the rare ones where someone pulled a glide off a leg,
and now it's a 2' long hollow pipe with filthy rusty end,
backed up by the full weight of the chair.

But maybe that's just me... [shocked]

Meh; I always envision the chairs in high school.
Especially the rare ones where someone pulled a glide off a leg,
and now it's a 2' long hollow pipe with filthy rusty end,
backed up by the full weight of the chair.

But maybe that's just me... [shocked]
You have me wondering what caliber will fit in those chair legs now...

So I've read about this event, and just watched a segment on the national news - not a single mention that this might possibly be a hate crime against Americans by a muslim. They say his name, but that's it.
Doesn’t fit the agenda/politics/narrative of the powers that be that are at the helm of these massive for profit news agencies.

I think the MSM and CO. Police will now clam up on what this Jerk used and any more information about it until the trial. It doesn't help the story that he is a Muslim and foreign born.

I think the MSM and CO. Police will now clam up on what this Jerk used and any more information about it until the trial. It doesn't help the story that he is a Muslim and foreign born.
The left never lets a tragedy go to waste.

Whenever some f***o starts shooting people, they scramble for more bullshit laws while the bodies are still warm. They're just throwing nonsense out and see what'll stick...

Nothing will stick this time.

The left never lets a tragedy go to waste.

Whenever some f***o starts shooting people, they scramble for more bullshit laws while the bodies are still warm. They're just throwing nonsense out and see what'll stick...

Nothing will stick this time.
I hope your right, but I'm worried about the RINO's in the senate.

I don't it would ship with 30s in CO since they have a 15rd limit.

This is true for the one he bought a couple weeks ago, but he could still source standard-cap mags in a few different ways in CO. There's a preban market, a bunch of mags floating around through the "parts-kit loophole," and counties you can go to where it's still business as usual.

They're not that hard to find, and still less expensive than MA prebans.

And today the Democrats introduced the Ban on all AR type rifles , all magazines over 10 rds and full background checks on all transactions. Took them about 8 hours.
Ban is in ban production of here on? Ban current possession? How bout pre bans? Gonna need to read this piece of legislature.

You really know nothing about history if that's what you really believe. Also.....US based domestic terrorists....wait for it....almost all white Christians.

CSIS? Seriously? Hugely globalist.. Worse than CNN if that were possible.

Ban is in ban production of here on? Ban current possession? How bout pre bans? Gonna need to read this piece of legislature.

It's basically the same as the '94 ban. They know they can't go further.

Because that one worked so well. All it did was singlehandedly create a massive market for evil killy rifles. There's a mag limit bill too, but I'm sure that'll work the same way.

Rosenthal does not waste an opportunity![puke]

Adrian Walker is a Globe columnist. He can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @Adrian_Walker.

John Rosenthal has been a hunter longer than he has been a gun control activist. So he has a fascination with what government is, and isn’t, willing to regulate when it comes to weapons.

“When you hunt — and the NRA has no problem with needing a license to hunt — you can have three rounds [of ammunition] for ducks and five rounds for deer,” Rosenthal explained Tuesday. “But when you want to hunt humans, there’s no limit.”

Our nation’s sick devotion to weaponry is front and center once again in the wake of two mass shootings in just one week. They claimed the lives of eight victims in Georgia and 10 more Monday in Boulder, Colo.

Following a mass shooting in 2014, there was a mordant headline in The Onion that summed up our failure to stop these tragedies: " ‘No Way To Prevent This’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens.” It wasn’t funny, or intended to be.

President Biden called Tuesday for an assault weapons ban, but the political will to address this deadly issue has been in short supply for ages.

As the head of the advocacy group Stop Handgun Violence, Rosenthal has been at the forefront of sensible gun legislation for nearly 30 years. He was the guy behind the billboard on the Mass. Pike that tallied the lives lost to gun violence.

Like other activists, Rosenthal believes that a culture of mass murder isn’t something we have to live with.

And he believes Massachusetts — which boasts the nation’s lowest rate of gun deaths — offers the proof of that.

“You don’t need an assault weapon or a large-capacity magazine for anything other than killing people,” he said. “Or outgunning cops.”

The NRA and its sycophants in government like to pretend that gun control is about taking up all the guns.

While I would be fine with a country without guns, that argument is little more than a scare tactic. Ridding ourselves of this horror — or at least greatly reducing it — can be done through a few steps.

The weapons of mass destruction — the assault weapons and the high-capacity magazines — have to go. Many people have forgotten that several assault weapons actually were banned from 1994 to 2004. They remain illegal in Massachusetts.

Other Massachusetts policies should be adopted elsewhere. Licensing and background checks for gun owners are essential. Here, local police chiefs can refuse licenses to people who have passed background checks when certain other red flags are present.

Finally, gun manufacturers should be held legally responsible for producing weapons that can be used safely.

“None of the things we’ve done cause any inconvenience to responsible gun owners,” Rosenthal said. “But they don’t give unrestricted access to guns to people who can’t pass background checks or who want to kill a lot of people quickly.”

Like many of us, Rosenthal has watched with horror as the mass shootings have mounted, without any meaningful response from government — many calls to action, yes, but little action.

Sandy Hook changed nothing. Parkland changed nothing. The killing of 60 people in Las Vegas in 2017 changed nothing. Despite huge public support for banning weapons of mass destruction and for getting guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them, our so-called leaders shrug.

“Three of our major gun laws were signed by Republican governors. And they didn’t lose their seats.”

The why of America’s permanent epidemic of mass shootings is complicated, and varies. But the how is maddeningly consistent. Killing large numbers of people is simply far too easy in this country.

There is no constitutional right to slaughter other people. But we have a history of being outraged for a while, and then looking away until the next tragedy.

We talk a lot about how much we value human life. Ending the carnage would be one way to prove it.

I love how the idiots in MA think their laws have banned "assault weapons" . The contents of my safe tell a different story.

So what - removing the flash hider, the thingie that goes up in the back, the bayonet lug, and the adjustable stock................ suddenly makes weapon non-functional?

After Sandy Hook I got sucked into an argument with gay leftie at a dinner party - who was convinced that banning "high capacity" magazines was going to suddenly make the world a safe place to live and solve all the shootings. The thing that finally made him STFU and storm out of the room in a bit of a rage - was standing there demonstrating how quickly I could dump and reload a magazine into a rifle - and asked him to run away between mag loads. I pantomimed the whole thing - and he couldn't do it. I backed up my argument by saying " all this takes is practice - and if you don't believe me it can be done this fast - go look on Youtube, there's dozens and dozens of videos of people doing it". The part that I think really pissed him off was that I just blew away all the logic he had in his head about how a hi-cap mag ban was going to "work".

"According to the court affidavit, Alissa had purchased a Ruger AR-556 semi-automatic pistol - a weapon that resembles a semi-automatic rifle and has a 30-round capacity - on March 16, six days before the shooting."

WTF. Lmfao. First it is a semi-automatic rifle. Second it's capacity is whatever you make it by choosing a magazine.

As usual the media doesn't have a clue as to what it's talking about.

The training at work only shows using a fire extinguisher to fight off the guy with an M16, and mentions maybe using scissors if you aren't too scared

:rolleyes:

A few years back - after one or another of the major shooting incidents , they brought in a "security consultant" to reiterate the corporate policy about workplace violence. The guy seemed to mostly be there to back up the corporate policy about weapons on company property. But people started asking all sorts of questions about what to do if there was an active shooter in the building. Basically - they said run into a conference room and barricade the doors. People started asking about the company supplying bulletproof blankets and all sorts of shit like that. From my perspective - the whole thing was just sort of laughable. Then one of my buddies asked him what might be done differently if it was say a terrorist group - with maybe multiple people involved. The guy just pretty much started reading his previous points verbatim. You could tell he was just unprepared for the question. That's when I raised my hand and said " well if it's a true terrorist situation then everybody getting together in one place is just about the worst thing you can do - all you're doing is getting all the victims together in one place so they can be killed easier - is the company going to come out with a better policy on this because it seems you're a bit ill informed about what really happens during those types of situations".

You could tell he was a bit pissed. The facility security guard and the HR chick who were both at front of the room were getting some really pissy looks on their faces as well.

We basically got them to admit that corporate policy is that you're going to die. You could see a few people getting a little green in the crowd.

Phuck them.

A few years back - after one or another of the major shooting incidents , they brought in a "security consultant" to reiterate the corporate policy about workplace violence. The guy seemed to mostly be there to back up the corporate policy about weapons on company property. But people started asking all sorts of questions about what to do if there was an active shooter in the building. Basically - they said run into a conference room and barricade the doors. People started asking about the company supplying bulletproof blankets and all sorts of shit like that. From my perspective - the whole thing was just sort of laughable. Then one of my buddies asked him what might be done differently if it was say a terrorist group - with maybe multiple people involved. The guy just pretty much started reading his previous points verbatim. You could tell he was just unprepared for the question. That's when I raised my hand and said " well if it's a true terrorist situation then everybody getting together in one place is just about the worst thing you can do - all you're doing is getting all the victims together in one place so they can be killed easier - is the company going to come out with a better policy on this because it seems you're a bit ill informed about what really happens during those types of situations".

You could tell he was a bit pissed. The facility security guard and the HR chick who were both at front of the room were getting some really pissy looks on their faces as well.

We basically got them to admit that corporate policy is that you're going to die. You could see a few people getting a little green in the crowd.

Phuck them.
My company takes security pretty seriously (I work behind 7 biometric doors, thats a fun run to the bathroom). But 1 emergency exit gets me straight to my car which has anything I may need if something ever happened.

Large companies don't actually care about employee safety, just their own liability and image. I make sure to take my own safety into consideration, even knowing its a low chance anything would ever actually happen.

The safety trainings are a joke. Run, hide, fight... let employees openly carry and no one would ever even attempt to do anything.

Where I work its a small company and mostly family. We are open to the public though. There are at least 3 or 4 of us armed at any given time, although I will say I'm the only one out of the place that carries a full size gun and trains regularly. Everyone else is carrying pocket rocket .380's and they shoot about 3 times a year from what I can tell. I'm trying hard to change that though.

My company takes security pretty seriously (I work behind 7 biometric doors, thats a fun run to the bathroom). But 1 emergency exit gets me straight to my car which has anything I may need if something ever happened.

Large companies don't actually care about employee safety, just their own liability and image. I make sure to take my own safety into consideration, even knowing its a low chance anything would ever actually happen.

The safety trainings are a joke. Run, hide, fight... let employees openly carry and no one would ever even attempt to do anything.

A lot of people have forgotten Beslan. After that happened US military personnel were invited in by the Russians to see what happened.

I distinctly remember reading in one of the books I read about that incident (Might have been "Terror at Beslan" - I don't recall) - was that pretty much the ONLY thing that stood any chance of stopping a coordinated/organized terror attack - was fighting back right from the beginning. And that meant from the people there in whatever entity was being attacked. The recommendation centered around schools - because that was what the Beslan attack was, and at the time I think people thought it would keep happening.

In any case - the whole "hide together in one room and barricade the doors!!" thing seemed to be just about the stupidest thing ever - based on everything I've ever read about both "workplace violence" type incidents , never mind the dedicated terrorists.

I knew for a fact there were a number of people carrying in the building - in open violation of corporate policies. There were a couple of incidents where people got fired because they did stupid shit - and left their carry piece inside an unlocked drawer in their cube. Those corporate policies BTW - specified "company property and grounds" which they kept trying to insist included the parking lot (which would essentially prevent you from carrying during your commute). I kept telling all the worry warts I knew there that there's no way they can do jack shit about your car in the parking lot - because the facility we were in was RENTED. That meant corporate doesn't have any legal ownership over that parking lot. They don't even own the halls we walk down when we leave the labs. There's people from 10 other companies parked out there in that same parking lot right alongside your car. If they start trying to tell you you need to open your car so they can check it out - tell them to phuck off and get a warrant.

99e0f68ff66e4519.jpg

And all the (((usual suspects))) are doing their usual:

5f02a52637b3024b.jpeg

Then...............

8eedd5190f73e6e0.jpeg

Ooopsie:

d0edde588d04550b.jpeg

Especially since dis.......

bidenoops.JPG

unny how dat woiks eh?

So, essentially, the perfect black-flag Op… IF Biden’s folks hadn’t spilled the beans aboot the whole “Isis Sympathizer” thingy… A paranoid, possibly delusional kid, who in all actuality was probably coerced, are at least influenced by an agent-provocateur from the F.B.I., as we haven’t had a real terrorist attack in this country with out their express co-operation and or actual execution.

No word on if he was on head meds. My guess would be not. The Middle East regards mental illness as a Curse from Allah, so they tend to ignore it, than admit someone is Koo-Koo for Cocopuffs in the fam. It’s also a by-product of all the inbreeding too… LOTS of ‘straight line’ in ye olde Middle Eastern Fambly Trees… not many branches if you dig me? They tend to either ignore or isolate or overlook the family nutter if they have the scratch, or in this case, they just let Ole Boy pressure-cook his ass til he blew…

My guess?
And we’ve been on the Mark so far, is dood is a deader in jail, sooner rather than later. The cops in the news briefs said he made statements and they might release info on those later, but I don’t think so… it’s going to be “Poor Mentally Ill kid lost his shit” and “Whypeepo Bad!” somewhere in there… The last thing they can have is the kid coming out and screaming “Allah Akbar!!!” in court… that’s be bad form… especially inn light of how they’re already trying to form the narrative…

Another thing: One Week to the day of the Atlanta Whoreslayer…
They’re in a rush…
Wonder Why?
Jes’ Sayin’
So, stay tuned!

You really know nothing about history if that's what you really believe. Also.....US based domestic terrorists....wait for it....almost all white Christians.

Liberal ballwasher alert ! Screw.

Last edited:
  1. Take shelter.
  2. Don't even draw your weapon unless an assailant is headed right for you - store video will be scoured afterwards.
  3. Don't go looking for trouble - it can find you if it wants; get to an exit.
  4. Holster and conceal before leaving the building.
  5. Make a beeline for some business where you can hang out all day if necessary; a business which is not even visible from the store/mall under siege.
  6. Get someone else from your party to fetch your car after the excitement is well over.
Now you're trained.

You're welcome.

Holding out for the day when gun owners do something the Donks can't see coming.
I am adding the above to my training- 7. The number one priority is to get family and civilians out of harm. I will never pull my firearm out unless I see the target and I have no escape routes-

Back
Top Bottom