• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter Gilroy Ca Garlic Festival

NPR 5am today was talking about security with heavy police presence, metal detectors and bag searches. Then it struck me - “Gun Free Zone” is a callsign phrase of Pro-Gun advocates that is *never* used by liberal, leftist gun-grabbers. The media have been trained - avoid saying “Gun Free Zone” and cut any interviews that say the phrase. Kind of like “Common-Sense Gun Laws” for us - immediately identifies the total political position.

If you don’t admit “Gun Free Zones” exist then how can they be a problem?

The media is trying to spin this now as a white supremacist crime (watching the news now about it).

it always seems to be this way with the news. When its a terrorist type attack, it always seems to be that "the motive is unclear", and they'll drag that statement and claim out for days and weeks....

Yup they are checking all the boxes with the talking points .
White supremacist
Assualt weapon
We haven't gotten to Trump supporter yet , but it's early.

We're slowly but surely morphing into anything semi auto is an assault weapon. They refuse to accept the true definition and wont give us their definition so they can call pretty much anything an AW.

Police said he was armed with an “an SKS …an AK-47-type assault rifle” that was “purchased legally” by Legan in Nevada on July 9.

Hasn't it already been determined that an SKS is not an "assault weapon" because it doesn't have a removable magazine?

If he bought it legally in Nevada, wouldn't it have been necessary for it to ALSO be legal in CA in order for the sale to proceed?

I'm not familiar with SKS's. How would he have re-loaded quickly enough to shoot that many people? Stripper clips?

Hasn't it already been determined that an SKS is not an "assault weapon" because it doesn't have a removable magazine?

If he bought it legally in Nevada, wouldn't it have been necessary for it to ALSO be legal in CA in order for the sale to proceed?

I'm not familiar with SKS's. How would he have re-loaded quickly enough to shoot that many people? Stripper clips?
There is an adaptor that will allow it to accept mags.

10 round stripper clip.
Yes, a stripper clip, not a detachable magazine.
The festival had a security checkpoint at the entrance and no weapons were allowed inside!
Another gun free kill zone...

The sks has never been an "assault rifle" and was even exempt from the bans.

We're slowly but surely morphing into anything semi auto is an assault weapon. They refuse to accept the true definition and wont give us their definition so they can call pretty much anything an AW.

Kind of like the words like:
men, women, children, racist, sexist, etc. losing all their meaning?

Have you seen what Google lists as the definition of Patriot?
Google definition of a Patriot.
The compare it to Webster dictionary where they only list ONE synonym

The conditioning and brainwashing has gotten out of control in this country. And we all know who the control freaks are.
They get frustrated with personal liberty so this is the crap we get.

The conditioning and brainwashing has gotten out of control in this country. And we all know who the control freaks are.
disgusting.

synonyms:nationalist, loyalist;
chauvinist, jingoist, jingo, flag-waver, isolationist, xenophobe
"a great patriot who had died for his country"

*Tinfoil hat on* California judge rules that 2nd amendment does not extend to semi-automatic rifles. Few days later, mass shooting in California. *Tinfoil hat off*
giphy.gif

disgusting.

synonyms:nationalist, loyalist;
chauvinist, jingoist, jingo, flag-waver, isolationist, xenophobe
"a great patriot who had died for his country"

Almost like the Nazi’s did; change definitions and meanings, then redefine rights to only certain classes, then devalue and condemn those classes.

Wait......

It’s coming, you can pick a side or try and get out of the way; but you aren’t going to be able to avoid the repercussions. In the event (likely in my estimation) of a major economic upheaval, this will come so fast your head will spin. Just like it did in Germany.

At least one article I saw said he LIVED in NV and just moved back to CA.

Pretty sure it is legal in CA in any case given it is non-detachable internal magazine (unless modified). You can always convert it to take AK mags though.

I just did

a person who vigorously supports their country and is pr a person who loves his or her country and strongly supports it.

What’s wrong with that?

Webster

a person who loves his or her country and strongly supports it. More from Merriam-Webster on patriot.

Cops say in news conference that it was an SKS bought legally in Nevada a few weeks ago. .
It can depend on the exact configuration, but the SKS isn't generally legal in California. Long-gun sales to a non-resident must be legal in the buyer's state, so this probably wasn't "bought legally in Nevada" if the shooter was a California resident.

Last edited:
It can depend on the exact configuration, but the SKS isn't generally legal in California. Long-gun sales to a non-resident must be legal in the buyer's state, so this probably wasn't "bought legally in Nevada" if the shooter was a California resident.
It is being reported he had an apartment in Nevada for a few days before cancelling the contract.

The gist of the report is that he is alleged to have fraudulently established residency.

It is being reported he had an apartment in Nevada for a few days before cancelling the contract.

The gist of the report is that he is alleged to have fraudulently established residency.

Wait a minute. Are you suggesting he broke the law and obtained a gun illegally? I don’t believe it! There are a hundred laws in place that make that impossible.

How does one make an SKS AK-47?

By being the douche mainstream media and having average american nippleheads take nearly everything you say as gospel. I'm surprised they don't put pictures of like nuclear weapons on the screen or mushroom clouds every time there is a shooting..

-Mike

Police on Monday said Legan legally purchased the rifle on July 9 in Nevada, where buyers must only be 18 years old. In California, the minimum age is 21.

A federal law enforcement official that spoke to the San Francisco Chronicle on condition of anonymity confirmed the rifle Legan used -- a WASR-10 semiautomatic -- was bought from Big Mike’s Gun and Ammo. But the official added that Legan broke the law by transporting the weapon to California, where the firearm violated the state’s assault weapons ban.

By being the douche mainstream media and having average american nippleheads take nearly everything you say as gospel. I'm surprised they don't put pictures of like nuclear weapons on the screen or mushroom clouds every time there is a shooting..

-Mike

Seems like it is confusing too, folks are listing SKS rifles with "AK Conversion" (basically the detachable magazine) so I am sure that is messing people up.

Back
Top Bottom