Active Shooter at the Prep

I would probably guess that most swatting incidents come from people far away from the location, could be some kid in Montana or Europe for all I know.
And you would be close to the truth. I think it's far more sinister. Back in March, 29 Massachusetts communities were swatted on a single day. I can't find the article that reported that they were all traced to a single out-of-state caller.

I think swatting is a way to terrorize people. Anyone who swats should be charged with domestic terrorism.

'89 SJP grad. here.

Even then I hated the practice of people referring to it as "The Prep". Like it's not the only one, nor is it the end-all, be-all of high schools.

Don't get me wrong. I love the place and loved my 4 years there. But "The Prep" was cringe AF long before that expression ever existed.

Back on topic. Glad the call was a hoax and what's the ND cop's NES screen name?
Sorry, it's the only Prep School on the North Shore. Everyone at Masco called it the Prep. The next closest one was Austin Prep way over in Reading. At the end of 9th grade they asked me and 5 other guys to not return to Masco for 10th grade. I wound up at Lexington Christian and almost was class of 81. I guess you could say I had a problem with authority. Still do I guess.

Bishop Fenwick and Pingree would like a word with you.
[smile]
So would Brooks, Governor Dummer & Phillip's Andover, but like Pingree & Fenwick they don't have the term "Prep" in their name. When I was at LCA we played BB&N, Beaver & Rivers. I suppose all of these schools could be classified at Preparatory Schools but the only schools that have the term "Prep" in their name as far as I know are Austin & St.Johns.

My 14-year-old daughter is a 4x All-American & National Wrestling Champion. She turned down Phillip's Andover (#1 Prep), after acceptance, cause too woke. She couldn't even make it all the way thru the Andover meet & great cause of all the "Equity/Racism" talk. So proud of her! As an aside, she can shoot the wings off a fly at 100 meters! An Active Shooter would have their hands full with her in the building! She's the product of a stable two parent conservative 2A family!

Tons of articles on her. Video is of her against Ohio State Champ. 200k+ views. 62 MIAA wins over boys and only a freshman! At 5'8", 113lbs and big blue eyes she looks more like a runway model than a wrestler. Straight A's. She also said No to St. Pauls (#6 Prep in USA), Lake Highland Prep an others. Picked Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut (#3 Prep in USA) cause they have a stud female wrestler that is also a National Champ. Wants to be challenged and beaten, so she can improve! Love it! She is thinking West Point! & when it's all said & done, she'll make a great Mom and loyal Wife!

Greatest thing as a Dad.... She can beat the piss outta just about any boy in our bubble wrapped State! :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT9-gEnJ_3g

So would Brooks, Governor Dummer & Phillip's Andover, but like Pingree & Fenwick they don't have the term "Prep" in their name. When I was at LCA we played BB&N, Beaver & Rivers. I suppose all of these schools could be classified at Preparatory Schools but the only schools that have the term "Prep" in their name as far as I know are Austin & St.Johns.

But they are college prepatory schools. Doesn't matter if the word is part of the name.

Again, as a grad of SJP, the practice is cringe and just straight-up old-school snobby.

My 14-year-old daughter is a 4x All-American & National Wrestling Champion. She turned down Phillip's Andover (#1 Prep), after acceptance, cause too woke. She couldn't even make it all the way thru the Andover meet & great cause of all the "Equity/Racism" talk. So proud of her! As an aside, she can shoot the wings off a fly at 100 meters! An Active Shooter would have their hands full with her in the building! She's the product of a stable two parent conservative 2A family!

Tons of articles on her. Video is of her against Ohio State Champ. 200k+ views. 62 MIAA wins over boys and only a freshman! At 5'8", 113lbs and big blue eyes she looks more like a runway model than a wrestler. Straight A's. She also said No to St. Pauls (#6 Prep in USA), Lake Highland Prep an others. Picked Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut (#3 Prep in USA) cause they have a stud female wrestler that is also a National Champ. Wants to be challenged and beaten, so she can improve! Love it! She is thinking West Point! & when it's all said & done, she'll make a great Mom and loyal Wife!

Greatest thing as a Dad.... She can beat the piss outta just about any boy in our bubble wrapped State! :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT9-gEnJ_3g

Congrats, Sarah and family!!! Well done!!!!!!!!

'89 SJP grad. here.

Even then I hated the practice of people referring to it as "The Prep". Like it's not the only one, nor is it the end-all, be-all of high schools.

Don't get me wrong. I love the place and loved my 4 years there. But "The Prep" was cringe AF long before that expression ever existed.

Back on topic. Glad the call was a hoax and what's the ND cop's NES screen name?

I’m not from Mass so it took me a while to figure out what people meant by “the Prep”. I mean there’s like 200 prep schools in Mass. [laugh]

We’re thinking of sending our kids there, just not sure about the all boys thing.

SJP Class of 1986 here. I now teach at Essex Tech right down the street. We were also put into “shelter in place” mode around 2:00 today. Our administration handled everything calmly, efficiently, and professionally. Students were about 15 minutes late leaving today and traffic on 62 was a nightmare.

Don‘t think this was a student hoax, swatting is usually adult/parent driven. That said, the police AD that occurred today could have had far greater consequences if someone was hurt or worse. Adults or parents who try this type of stupidity to test the law enforcement response be prosecuted and punished.

Students find out quickly what’s going on and tensions run high. It is an unpleasant and frightening time in a classroom during this type of event. I hope to someday meet the parents who initiated this fiasco. They will not be pleased with the words I have for them.

Chris
I'm not sheltering in place. I'm out of there the first hint of trouble.

I'm not sheltering in place. I'm out of there the first hint of trouble.
I generally agree assuming I'm familiar with the building im in and where the exits are. Also, I'm an adult and I'm pretty conscious of these things, I'm not a child who might be at a new school, scared and unfamiliar with my surroundings.

I’m not from Mass so it took me a while to figure out what people meant by “the Prep”. I mean there’s like 200 prep schools in Mass. [laugh]

We’re thinking of sending our kids there, just not sure about the all boys thing.

Pluses and minuses. All boys means fewer classroom distractions. Yes, an old-fashioned notion, but true.

Minuses mean delayed experiences meeting, interacting with, working with and dating girls. Definitely a factor to consider.

Pluses and minuses. All boys means fewer classroom distractions. Yes, an old-fashioned notion, but true.

Minuses mean delayed experiences meeting, interacting with, working with and dating girls. Definitely a factor to consider.
It also means we got away with a hell of a lot more compared to public school. You'd be drawn and quartered for the shit we did. Worst class in Prep history. Graduated 100 less than we started with. It was epic.

Give them back there S&W revolvers it is almost impossable to have an accidental discharge. The only way would to have the hammer cocked and what moron would do that.

Thanks, I went to an all boys school from 7-12 also. I definitely got a great education, and I can’t imagine being an 8th grade boy sitting next to today’s girls the way they dress and behave. [laugh]

Ye

Yes the police give them back revolvers
My bad, I should have put..... Instead of question marks, I was implying that the cops "would" be the morons to have the hammer cocked while room clearing since they're the ones who would likely be in this scenario. We also don't have all the info, was the ND a rifle with the safety off or was it a p320 in the holster and discharged after another officer farted? If that's the case then no harm no fault p320s do what p320s do

Holy crap. A million cops swarm the school due to a swatting call (i.e. of questionable credibility) and they're walking around with guns out and fingers on triggers? What a joke.
I didn't follow this story, but when you saw this video, were they 100% sure it was BS?

What would NES say if they relaxed, then it turns out there is a shooter? --- OMG, THEY DIDNT SEARCH ENOUGH!!

I didn't follow this story, but when you saw this video, were they 100% sure it was BS?

What would NES say if they relaxed, then it turns out there is a shooter? --- OMG, THEY DIDNT SEARCH ENOUGH!!

I didn't see any video, and neither did the cops when they decided to deploy however many cops showed up. They got what must have been an anonymous phone call about it. I could see sending every available local unit to it, but I would hope they'd also be trying to confirm the report with the school in parallel, and keeping the possibility of it being a hoax in mind when trying to clear the area, if only to avoid the type of ND that happened here.

Did we ever get any word of how it was handled at BC High? Was it similar (without the ND)? Honest question, though I guess the different responses might be explained by the timing (after SJP's) if that was the case.

I didn't see any video, and neither did the cops when they decided to deploy however many cops showed up. They got what must have been an anonymous phone call about it. I could see sending every available local unit to it, but I would hope they'd also be trying to confirm the report with the school in parallel, and keeping the possibility of it being a hoax in mind when trying to clear the area, if only to avoid the type of ND that happened here.

Did we ever get any word of how it was handled at BC High? Was it similar (without the ND)? Honest question, though I guess the different responses might be explained by the timing (after SJP's) if that was the case.
I am no expert on this, but I would assume when someone calls it, they show up, no matter what the school says.

That ND discharge, that dude should lose his gun and get a desk job answering phones for a long time. That dude is an idiot and does not know how to handle a gun.

I am no expert on this, but I would assume when someone calls it, they show up, no matter what the school says.

That ND discharge, that dude should lose his gun and get a desk job answering phones for a long time. That dude is an idiot and does not know how to handle a gun.

No issue at all with them showing up, it's the whole marathon bomber response vibe that I have an issue with, where cops from all the neighboring towns swarm in with guns out. Reading some more about it now though that seems to be attributable to the idiot cop's ND.

Back
Top Bottom