Active Shooter at Navy Yard in DC

It was the deadliest mass shooting in the United States since the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last December, and the worst at a military installation since 13 people were killed at Fort Hood, Texas, in 2009.

if the media freaks the hell out about it being a BLACK or BROWN shooter, it's still ****ing wrong.

Just because it gets the label off of your back and conveniences you as a white person DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT.

This is the problem with most people like you- you are upset about media bias for all the wrong reasons. You should be upset with the media for blowing anything out of proportion for the pure outrage of it.

i could care less about the race of the shooter, his religion, etc. Ive never said anything to the contrary. It is wrong that the media will base their reaction off these things.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed it for President Obama.

ya pretty much.

Whats the deal with security cameras at mil bases? I'd assume that they'd be all over the place, but I assumed there'd be more to security than just a couple of guys at a gate checking id's. The number of shooters has been changing all day. Figure video would let you know how many were involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Fwiw...

from NBC. DC Navy Yard Shooter was 34-year-old Aaron Alexis (sp?) of Fort Worth -- civilian contractor

Whats the deal with security cameras at mil bases? I'd assume that they'd be all over the place, but I assumed there'd be more to security than just a couple of guys at a gate checking id's. The number of shooters has been changing all day. Figure video would let you know how many were involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Fwiw...

from NBC. DC Navy Yard Shooter was 34-year-old Aaron Alexis (sp?) of Fort Worth -- civilian contractor

My tinfoil hat is being resized but werent there over 80 cameras facing the path of the plane that hit the Pentagon and how many images have we seen??.

The view of the public should be; there potentially should have been very few victims if the people were allowed to defend themselves; or he chose such a place as it was a target rich environment that could not fight back; or see how many will die if you depend on the government for your safety? But I guess I'm the delusional one, the government is your friend! Good ol Uncle Sam will protect us (sarcasm meter off chart). I refuse to watch media coverage. Sickening what we have become, effin revolting.

if the media freaks the hell out about it being a BLACK or BROWN shooter, it's still ****ing wrong.

Just because it gets the label off of your back and conveniences you as a white person DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT.

This is the problem with most people like you- you are upset about media bias for all the wrong reasons. You should be upset with the media for blowing anything out of proportion for the pure outrage of it.

Absolutely true. But if the shooters are dark skinned and/or Muslim - then it's just that much harder for the media and the politicians to just attribute the whole thing towards "gun owners". Which is a problem that they've built for themselves because they always try to cast gun owners as crazy white "Tea Party" people - running around with their guns and their bibles shooting all the poor liberals and their innocent brown friends.

I'm not saying it's right - I'm saying that's the way it is. And if this thing precipitates another political battle over gun rights - and it's setup in such a fashion that they try to start demonizing gun owners - and correlating gun owners with being a white male or some such , then somebody else is going to get grabbed up and thrown under the bus.

If that person is dark skinned and/or Muslim - and that's what it takes to derail the gun grabbers - then so be it. The cold hard truth of the matter is that crime by blacks far exceeds crime by whites on a pure percentage basis in most cases - and often exceeds the numbers by whites outright population numbers be damned. And if this thing in DC is some sort of Muslim terrorist attack - and TPTB try to use it to screw lab abiding citizens out of their gun rights - then I have no problems throwing Muslims under the bus for being the most common perpetrators of terrorist attacks.

In a sane world we would not even be having this conversation. But that's not where we live. And if my paranoia is correct - then there's a reason why the govt. is pushing so hard to take away guns. Since I would rather throw people under the bus now rather than have to shoot them later - I'll take that option without a second thought if it's the one they force us into.

Again - if we lived in a sane world - we wouldn't even be having this conversation. But the gun grabbers don't want a sane conversation because they'd lose every time.

Wts 50 rounds of CCI standard velocity .22lr 20.99 a box. Get it while it last. Freaking ridiculous.

It will go crazy for the reason that it went crazy last time. Gun owners panicked, wet themselves, and then ran to buy every round they could find. As long as we as a group do that, prices will stay high and anti gunners will laugh where there balls would be off at us.

Just like the Kentucky RFID thread, supposedly responsible gun owners will panic at the first hint of anything. Which doesn't mean that we shouldn't be vigilant, but it does mean that we shouldn't panic.

When the investigation of this shooting is over, I'd be willing to bet that it will turn out to be terrorism, although President Rodeo Clown will tell us it's just Work Place Violence and disarming law abiding citizens will fix everything.

Of course the fact that he wants to arm known terrorists in Syria with fully automatic weapons kind of makes his gun control speechifying a joke.

Absolutely true. But if the shooters are dark skinned and/or Muslim - then it's just that much harder for the media and the politicians to just attribute the whole thing towards "gun owners". Which is a problem that they've built for themselves because they always try to cast gun owners as crazy white "Tea Party" people - running around with their guns and their bibles shooting all the poor liberals and their innocent brown friends.

I'm not saying it's right - I'm saying that's the way it is. And if this thing precipitates another political battle over gun rights - and it's setup in such a fashion that they try to start demonizing gun owners - and correlating gun owners with being a white male or some such , then somebody else is going to get grabbed up and thrown under the bus.

If that person is dark skinned and/or Muslim - and that's what it takes to derail the gun grabbers - then so be it. The cold hard truth of the matter is that crime by blacks far exceeds crime by whites on a pure percentage basis in most cases - and often exceeds the numbers by whites outright population numbers be damned. And if this thing in DC is some sort of Muslim terrorist attack - and TPTB try to use it to screw lab abiding citizens out of their gun rights - then I have no problems throwing Muslims under the bus for being the most common perpetrators of terrorist attacks.

In a sane world we would not even be having this conversation. But that's not where we live. And if my paranoia is correct - then there's a reason why the govt. is pushing so hard to take away guns. Since I would rather throw people under the bus now rather than have to shoot them later - I'll take that option without a second thought if it's the one they force us into.

Again - if we lived in a sane world - we wouldn't even be having this conversation. But the gun grabbers don't want a sane conversation because they'd lose every time.

+1

Wts 50 rounds of CCI standard velocity .22lr 20.99 a box. Get it while it last. Freaking ridiculous.

You are asking too much, buy it form me for $20.50 a box.

So, CNN had this author/mass shooting guru earlier sharing tips on how to survive a mass shooting like: lay down, play dead, hide under a table (face palm), stay silent,....etc like WTF, I mean really.

This smells like a form of "Militia" of some sort or some pissed off retirees.

Back
Top Bottom