Active Gun Licenses By Town/Denied Gun Permits By Town 2006-Present

“We reject them for a variety of reasons. If you’re convicted of a felony, if you lied on the application, domestic violence,” Dougan explained.
I don't understand how that is discretion, essentially the applicant would be rejecting themselves as being unsuitable.

Discretion is when the CLEO looks at you and won't issue a permit because you looked like someone who broke his daughters heatr at her high school prom.

Something doesn't make sense. No active licenses in Lincoln, only 1 denial since 2006? I find it hard to believe.

Attachments

• 2016-06-24_130944.jpg
    2016-06-24_130944.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 39
Something doesn't make sense. No active licenses in Lincoln, only 1 denial since 2006? I find it hard to believe.

There's an excel spread sheet with the # of active LTCs. 416 in Lincoln

There's an excel spread sheet with the # of active LTCs. 416 in Lincoln

Right. The red bubbles on the map only show the number of denials.

Scroll to the bottom of the article and there's a hyperlink to download an Excel spreadsheet listing every town and how many licensees there are for each.

Over 1500 here in Grafton, a community of ~17,000 (which includes a lot of kids!)

Can I assume that if my town doesn't appear on the denial spreadsheet, there were none??

[rofl]

It sounds right. 335 issued and no denials.

ETA: town of ~1280, so more or less 1 in 4 people. Needs work!

Last edited:
That's weird, Lincoln is listed as a green town?

I would not be surprised if some towns "strongly discourage" applicants from applying in the first place, like Rhode Island towns did before Archer vs McGarry. If the sergeant says "You can apply, but we deny 100% of applicants, and we keep your $100", the average resident would not bother following through.

That's weird, Lincoln is listed as a green town?

I would not be surprised if some towns "strongly discourage" applicants from applying in the first place, like Rhode Island towns did before Archer vs McGarry. If the sergeant says "You can apply, but we deny 100% of applicants, and we keep your $100", the average resident would not bother following through.

Rhode Island towns still find ways to annoy people out of applying. See City of Warwick or Town of Lincoln.

I don't understand how that is discretion, essentially the applicant would be rejecting themselves as being unsuitable.

Discretion is when the CLEO looks at you and won't issue a permit because you looked like someone who broke his daughters heatr at her high school prom.
Discretion is the first case

Discrimination is the second case

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

"Licenses per capita" for each town would be the really meaningful figure, but I'm too lazy to do the math right now.

The excel spreadsheet data is misleading imo. Watertown is as red as it gets yet the numbers skew the perception. I know alot of people that grew up there, live there, or have lived there and all got restrictions for no reason.

Restrictions are essentially denials in my book. Watertown showing up as only 20 denials can have all the gun control nuts yelling "see, we don't want to take away your guns, we just want common sense legislation" but the fact that many are restricted for their first issue proves otherwise.

I even have a buddy who got his unrestricted LTC in another town, moved there, and got restricted when it was time to renew in Watertown. Filthy ass town, I hate almost everything about that place from the kids on their sports teams we used to whoop in HS to their stance on guns.

"Licenses per capita" for each town would be the really meaningful figure, but I'm too lazy to do the math right now.

Someone linked to a news article a couple days ago that had it mapped out. However , the numbers of licenses for my town are slightly lower in the wcvb article than in the article the OP posted, so maybe the wcvb article is last year's license numbers or something. http://m.wcvb.com/news/mostarmed-tow...-2016/40155664

I'd be interested to see what the results were with under 21, college students, prohibited persons dropped from the per-capita count for a percentage by eligible population. Probably no way to account for PP's but the others are probably in the census data somewhere.

Yeah, I'm curious about this as well. My town has 7% of its residents licensed according to the excel sheet (a bit above the ~6% state average). I'm wondering how many more have the "lifetime" licenses (lots of older people in town).

That chart is only showing 2015 data for the denials. I was confused at first too. Don't click on the red dots on the map. Use the drop down menu. It says is that Lincoln denied 1 LTC in 2015 and has 416 active. See the images below...

active.jpg

denied.jpg

Back
Top Bottom