Action Urged on Governor's Lawful Citizen Imprisonment Act

This is inane. Note that it restricts high-capacity magazines as well.

I can see Carl now: "Here's your great refurbished Glock 17! Make sure you come back in July when I can give you the first magazine".

Gack. One of the Senators is for my district; I'm giving him hell right now.

Wayne Wong

To the state hacks who lurk on this board:

If the law passes, I will buy another gun. Maybe a shotgun. I don't have a shotgun yet. I wasn't planning on it, but I'll buy it. Then every month afterwards, I'll put some money towards purchasing new guns. To collect them. I need some investments and the markets are too volatile right now. I'll try to pick up some new firearms over the following months. I wasn't planning on doing this, but buying guns seems to make good sense now that they will become rarer thanks to Massachusett's progressive attitude towards gun control. I'll become a collector. Go f*ck yourself Deval.

I'm done writing you shitstains.

Did anybody see the news on the North End rapist? The reporter suggested using your keys as a weapon. That's awesome. You're all a bunch of clowns starring in your own f*cking circus.

State House News Update: 2008.06.12

JUDICIARY COMMITTEE: The House adopted an O’Flaherty order granting the Judiciary Committee until June 30 to report on bills that had been due for a report by today under a previously adopted extension order.

If the law passes, I will buy another gun. Maybe a shotgun. I don't have a shotgun yet. I wasn't planning on it, but I'll buy it. Then every month afterwards, I'll put some money towards purchasing new guns.

+1. I plan to do the same. I'm a gun behind right now (5 in the 6 months I've been licensed), but once I get my C&R, I'll catch up.

I urge everyone to also ask friends to contact the committee members. Here's an IM exchange I just had with a friend who's pretty ambivalent about guns.

me: ugh, politicians are stupid
friend: no kidding
friend: why specifically?
me: MA Gov. Deval Patrick has proposed a bill
me: making it illegal to purchase more than one gun in a month
me: titled "An Act to Reduce Gun Violence"
friend: ... i see
friend: because clearly only people who buy 3 guns at once may use them for evil
friend: and, again, people who use guns for bad purposes DON'T FOLLOW LAWS
me: I guess the laws that require a safety training class, an extensive background check, and a $100 fee to have a license that allows you to purchase somehow doesn't stop criminals
friend: gee, i can't imagine why
friend: i'm sure there's no black market
me: I just don't see how they don't get it
me: if someone (you) who has considered the issue for all of 30 seconds can see the stupidity of their plan
friend: yeah, i don't get it
me: comes down to the quote I often see
me: "gun control laws aren't about guns, they're about control"
friend: seriously
me: would you mind sending an email to the people on the committee involved?
me: I have a list of addresses
friend: sure

I'm writing my letter right now and need some good arguments to make. For example: Isn't it already the case where buying more then 2 firearms in a certain time frame will flag you for investigation? What is that time frame?

Isn't it Chapter 269 § 10a which outlines the penalties for selling guns illegally?

*edit*

Sorry, its 10E.

Last edited:
It's more than one handgun from the same FFL within 5 days. http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/pdfs/f33104.pdf

sure, they will investigate you, but will anything come of it? Doubtful. If I buy two hard to find glocks from my local FFL, I will be investigated. When investigated, I will simply say "these are hard to find in MA due to the gun control climate, and I consider them investments"

what will they do? seriously.

So far I've gotten squat back from the committee members, but perhaps someone read what I sent.

I also think it's worthwhile to send some feedback straight to Governor Patrick. Postal address, phone number, and email form are here:

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=gov3utilities&sid=Agov3&U=Agov3_contact_us

In a game of subtle forces and compromise, a well-spoken word at the right time might get someone in the Patrick administration to push harder on something else instead of this. At least I can hope. (I did get a note back from some staffer saying they'd read my email and would pass the word.)

can anyone post a nicely written letter that those of us that simply want to write "eff you you commie bastard, you can stuff your gun laws"?

this annoys me... we are already handicapped and kicked while we are down, then he finds more ways to punish those that already follow the already insanly stupid, illegal and unconsistutional laws in MA and make them worse.

there really is no freedom in MA [sad2]

Wow...

Guess I got out just in time... and yet feel like a judas for not being a resident there anymore... [thinking] I guess I will have to email this thing around to some friends and family and try to light some fires. I will still email and protest myself, and by keeping up on here will stay in the loop of my home state as it swirls dangerously around the drain. [crying]

I feel all your pain, keep fighting!

Any News?

This was supposed to be shoved into committee for more study by today. Does anyone have any news about it?

When do they break for the Summer? Is there a final wrap-up time for the MA legislature, and / or a start-up time for the next session?

They indeed post-poned this until 7/17. The session ends on 7/31.

This means either:

1) They're lining up their ducks and will try and pass this abomination .

or

2) They plan on killing it late in this session.

GOAL has more experience in this than I do to guess at which of the two is actually going on here. Nobody is saying anything and that's enough to make me very, very nervous.

If anyone is a constituent of these Reps & Senators - they should be calling to get some information out of them with respect to this. Unfortunately Creem is in Norfolk and rated a "D" by GOAL.

Creedon of Second Plymouth and Bristol
Baddour of First Essex
Antonioni of Worcester and Middlesex
Creem of First Middlesex and Norfolk
McGee of Third Essex and Middlesex
Tarr of First Essex and Middlesex

O'Flaherty of Chelsea
Finegold of Andover
Naughton of Clinton
J. M. Murphy of Weymouth
Peisch of Wellesley
Curran of Springfield
J. D. Keenan of Salem
Walz of Boston
Fernandes of Milford
Evangelidis of Holden
Webster of Hanson

Last edited:
I don't believe that we can do anything as citizens in this State. I can't even get a letter returned to me from my legislators. All I can do is swear...SWEAR...that the first thing I do if this law passes is buy a new gun and then put money aside each month to buy more guns. When I get too many guns, I'll sell some and buy more.

If anyone has been reading Boston news the last couple days:

1. Parking Violation penalties have increased significantly and across the board in Boston as of this week.

2. The Governor has signed today a $1.00 per pack tax increase on cigarettes.

3. State Rep Marzilli (D) has just been indicted on 4 counts of accosting women.

4. The Boston Police can't find, or won't find, or have overlooked potential recruits that can hack the police academy.

5. "46-year-old Boston firefighter allegedly choked his longtime girlfriend, punched her in the head and threatened to hurl a stereo speaker at her during an attack that left her fearing for her life, according to a police report.

Joseph J. Houlder of Dorchester is the fourth Boston firefighter to be arrested in as many months. Two jakes were busted for drug possession, and a third for trying to pay a prostitute for sex."

What is happening here? WHO IS RUNNING THIS ASYLUM?

Why the hell did I leave texas [crying][crying][crying]

I don't know... but if you go back....

Take me with you... [grin]

I wrote both my rep and that moron pushing this bill...

got basic form responses.

I will call my rep personally as a follow up.

Keep writing and calling folks... this is the only hope we have

I don't believe that we can do anything as citizens in this State. I can't even get a letter returned to me from my legislators. All I can do is swear...SWEAR...that the first thing I do if this law passes is buy a new gun and then put money aside each month to buy more guns. When I get too many guns, I'll sell some and buy more.

If anyone has been reading Boston news the last couple days:

1. Parking Violation penalties have increased significantly and across the board in Boston as of this week.

2. The Governor has signed today a $1.00 per pack tax increase on cigarettes.

3. State Rep Marzilli (D) has just been indicted on 4 counts of accosting women.

4. The Boston Police can't find, or won't find, or have overlooked potential recruits that can hack the police academy.

5. "46-year-old Boston firefighter allegedly choked his longtime girlfriend, punched her in the head and threatened to hurl a stereo speaker at her during an attack that left her fearing for her life, according to a police report.

Joseph J. Houlder of Dorchester is the fourth Boston firefighter to be arrested in as many months. Two jakes were busted for drug possession, and a third for trying to pay a prostitute for sex."

What is happening here? WHO IS RUNNING THIS ASYLUM?

Umm, you forgot to add that I just saved 15% on my car insurance today, as well...

Back
Top Bottom