• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

**ACTION REQUEST** Lowell City Council Meeting this Tuesday- 1/19/2016

RLBreton

NES Member
Hopefully this won't be locked as a dupe and I'll apologize if it's a no-no given there is another thread about the licensing policy.

Superintendent Taylor has decided to try and supersede the MA state legislature, ignoring the laws they wrote and ratified, and impose his own mandates far above and beyond the state's requirements for getting a license to carry a firearm. It just cannot stand and we are fighting it as best we can, but we need your help!

The Lowell licensing policy will be on the City Council agenda this Tuesday, January 19 at 6:30PM. I and others will be speaking and could really use your support. If you want to protect your rights or support your brothers and sisters who are affected by this overreach, please come and fill the gallery--your presence will really help to send a message! Really, if it's possible for you to do, please show up to this and show your support. I would love the opportunity to use a pro-liberty crowd to our advantage! You wont need to speak (unless you'd like to) to send the message...your presence will speak volumes!

Thanks in advance

Randy

I called the City Clerk to add my name to the list to speak tonight and I was told that I was number 5. I will be focusing on the training requirements he is suggesting and how it's become apparent to me that nobody actually vetted these classes by the disparity of content vs. his "requirements" outlined in the letter.

Hope to see some of you there tonight!

I called the City Clerk to add my name to the list to speak tonight and I was told that I was number 5. I will be focusing on the training requirements he is suggesting and how it's become apparent to me that nobody actually vetted these classes by the disparity of content vs. his "requirements" outlined in the letter.

Hope to see some of you there tonight!

Would love to attend, but am tied up with a work related function this evening.

Don't forget to mention the added financial burden these classes put on the lower income residents in Lowell, both from the actual class cost as well as the cost needed to travel to and from these classes, seeing as none are offered locally (especially the Defensive Pistol class, which appears to only be offered in VT and NY). These added financial burdens essentially are discriminatory, as only folks of better financial means will have the cash to actually take any of these classes.

Letter was accepted by the City Council. Taylor agreed to 'continue the dialogue to attempt to identify "\lower cost training class alternatives".

Back
Top Bottom