• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Action Pistol at MVGC

Anybody know if the results from the pistol match at Mystic Valley last Friday are going to be posted anywhere?

Paul,
PPC matches are held on the second friday night and action pistol is held on the fourth friday. All start times are 7:00pm.

Paul-

Bill replied before I could. DQ told me about last Friday so we headed down together. The MVGC guys put in a big effort to set up a few quite elaborate (for the range) stages. The big range had a large wall the width of the range with a few ports and a door with an activator. We shot four stages. It was a good time. Reminded me of a few years back when we use to go all the time on Fridays... I had forgotten about all the smoking though...

If I understood correctly the next match is PPC and the one after will be more "action" oriented.

Perhaps the MVGC guys will chime in...

Anybody know if the results from the pistol match at Mystic Valley last Friday are going to be posted anywhere?

They're posted on the whiteboard at the club. I don't think they're on the intertubez anywhere. (Probably a good thing considering my score.)

Matt you came in first, Dave was second, I dont recall who was third, But I do know I came in fourth ( stupid mag falling out of gun)

My cousin John L came in third. OH THE MAG FELL OUT. I thought you threw it at the target.

I remember the late Fridays nights shooting, smokin', talking to the wee hours of the morning.
Are the action shoots oriented toward IDPA, USPSA, steel ?

I remember the late Fridays nights shooting, smokin', talking to the wee hours of the morning.
Are the action shoots oriented toward IDPA, USPSA, steel ?

Mix of IDPA and steel generally. action shoots are held the 4th friday of the month(except for xmas which will be held closer to the begining of month. Smoking is verboten inside the ready room, but allowed inside the safe room for health considerations. and not everyone likes smokers. (smoking rules in effect for match only otherwise smoking allowed in club)

Thanks lord1234. Smoking is not an issue for me. Quit....and really don't care if others smoke. Thanks for the reply, hope to come down this winter.

Matt you came in first, Dave was second, I dont recall who was third, But I do know I came in fourth ( stupid mag falling out of gun)

Thanks Joe! The match was a good time.

Rich- I would say they are kind of a combo between everything. Very loose on the rules (IDPA / USPSA wise). Really more of an informal "fun" match like in the past. IIRC we didn't even break out into divisions. All the equipment shot together - but there really wasn't any competition-type gear anyway.

Like I said, I had a lot of fun with a good bunch of guys - some familiar faces, some new faces (for me anyway).

Back
Top Bottom