• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Acquisitions: Guns, Cars, Babies, Dogs

You named your dog after a tramp.
You think I had a choice on the name??!! I wanted a boy and was going to name him trigger, but that clearly didn’t happen.

Funny side note. I caught a foul ball during Spring Training years ago and got it signed by Hazel. I was beyond drunk and thought it was a brilliant idea at the time.

You think I had a choice on the name??!! I wanted a boy and was going to name him trigger, but that clearly didn’t happen.

Funny side note. I caught a foul ball during Spring Training years ago and got it signed by Hazel. I was beyond drunk and thought it was a brilliant idea at the time.
I only said that because most are familiar with her rep. I have a friend in the business and Jesus the stories about her are endless. Wendy Nix was another.

My dream truck 2021 taco with many many extras (trail edition). Oem TRD 2 inch lift. TRD wheel and tire upgrade. Center console has a metal combo handgun safe. Truck Bed has a locking long gun box pax side and a cooler on the driver side....for drinks or dare I say.....harvested game. TRD exhaust......thing sounds bad ass. Can't wait to pick it up......registry is backed up may be a week according to the dealer. Kayak not included. 20210425_154012.jpg 20210425_154012.jpg 20210425_154046.jpg 20210425_154025.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a picture of the Jeep I picked up last week, 2 door Rubicon:

View attachment 476463
Be Goodrich all terrain k02 I see? Good off road tires. That's what I have on my 2015 Tacoma.....45k into em now and plenty of life left. That's good mileage from an off road tire.

The taco I just bought comes with toyo open country at3....wish it was BF Goodrich but these are the tires the trd pro comes with so.....I'll stick with them and see what happens.

My dream truck 2021 taco with many many extras (trail edition). Oem TRD 2 inch lift. TRD wheel and tire upgrade. Center console has a metal combo handgun safe. Truck Bed has a locking long gun box pax side and a cooler on the driver side....for drinks or dare I say.....harvested game. TRD exhaust......thing sounds bad ass. Can't wait to pick it up......registry is backed up may be a week according to the dealer. Kayak not included. View attachment 476313View attachment 476313View attachment 476314View attachment 476315
I was looking at that one at RM myself the last couple weeks, I was there doing some work. I was right on the edge but I do a lot of highway driving and thought those tires would be kind of loud. Did you get it? It's a sweet ride.

I was looking at that one at RM myself the last couple weeks, I was there doing some work. I was right on the edge but I do a lot of highway driving and thought those tires would be kind of loud. Did you get it? It's a sweet ride.
Yup pick it up this week. Reviews on the open country say they are not overly loud. The bf Goodrich all terrains I ran on my 2015 taco aren't that loud either.....but....my highway driving is limited. I only put 9k a year on my truck my commute is only 2 miles to work. Highway driving is limited to hunting trips in Maine. So....I don't get highway trips too often to compare.

There were 2 other couples in there looking for new tacomas. They only had this trail edition and 2 silver sr5 models in stock. I was going to hold off and wait for an off road edition to come In stock but I fell in love with this one.

Last edited:
Be Goodrich all terrain k02 I see? Good off road tires. That's what I have on my 2015 Tacoma.....45k into em now and plenty of life left. That's good mileage from an off road tire.

The taco I just bought comes with toyo open country at3....wish it was BF Goodrich but these are the tires the trd pro comes with so.....I'll stick with them and see what happens.

That's what I get factory on the Rubicon although it has 2 choices for off road tires. Eventually I will upgrade the Jeep to 35s but right now they're fine. Given how hard it was to find a 2 door Rubicon Jeep I figured I didn't have many choices. I originally wanted the nacho orange color for the Jeep but the hellayella which is what this Jeep is, really sticks out. So far I'm pretty happy and I've never owned a Rubicon before so this should be fun. Now if only we can get some decent weather so that I can remove the hardtop and doors.

Yup pick it up this week. Reviews on the open country say they are not overly loud. The bf Goodrich all terrains I ran on my 2015 taco aren't that loud either.....but....my highway driving is limited. I only put 9k a year on my truck my commute is only 2 miles to work. Highway driving is limited to hunting trips in Maine. So....I don't get highway trips too often to compare.

There were 2 other couples in there looking for new tacomas. They only had this trail edition and 2 silver sr5 models in stock. I was going to hold off and wait for an off road edition to come In stock but I fell in love with this one.
Well you've helped with my decision to either buy new or fix up the jeep. [smile]

I got a new $2,000 scar on my back this month. Will spare you the pictures!

Last edited:

Love that color!

My dream truck 2021 taco with many many extras (trail edition). Oem TRD 2 inch lift. TRD wheel and tire upgrade. Center console has a metal combo handgun safe. Truck Bed has a locking long gun box pax side and a cooler on the driver side....for drinks or dare I say.....harvested game. TRD exhaust......thing sounds bad ass. Can't wait to pick it up......registry is backed up may be a week according to the dealer. Kayak not included. View attachment 476313View attachment 476313View attachment 476314View attachment 476315
Sweet wheels. BTW if you get a Kayak stay away from tubberwear ones, in other words stay out of big box stores...except REI! Since you spent top dollars for the truck get yourself a real kayak...like an Epic. Enjoy your new wheels.

Sweet wheels. BTW if you get a Kayak stay away from tubberwear ones, in other words stay out of big box stores...except REI! Since you spent top dollars for the truck get yourself a real kayak...like an Epic. Enjoy your new wheels.
I don't do kayaks. I have a 16 foot radisson. Only 35 pounds and I can stand in it to fish. Currently I use a bed extender that fits on the tow hitch receiver. This truck I'll either use that or use the roof rack. 20200620_170256.jpg

Last edited:
I don't do kayaks. I have a 16 foot radisson. Only 35 pounds and I can stand in it to fish. Currently I use a bed extender that fits on the tow hitch receiver. This truck I'll either use that or use the roof rack. View attachment 477060
That will do nicely and look good on the new truck....after all it’s all about lookin good!!!

That will do nicely and look good on the new truck....after all it’s all about lookin good!!!
I've never worried about looks too much.....until this purchase. I have a paid off house now.....many months of emergency bill paying money on the Bank.....retirement plans are fine (army pension, ss, and a 401k where I want it......with 12 plus years left of work till I retire. Plus the company did well this year and I maxed out my bonus potential (15% of annual salary)......my wife says I've worked hard and deserve it. 😂

We walked into the showroom and saw that and immediately said....hell yes. She's more excited about it than I am.

Problem is the registry is backed up bad in mass. They only do drop box registrations even for dealers. 4 business days to process then they mail the plates and reg. Dealer said won't be ready till middle of next week. f*** my life. We couldn't do a plate swap because the old car we traded was In my wife's name.....and I need my name on this reg to get my veteran plates. Oh well. I'll have to wait.

Last edited:
We had to put our 6 yr old Foxhound down earlier this month and it was the first time I had to do it. f*** that, what a horrific ordeal.

Finding a pup or any pet right now is like finding 9mm or a PS5/Xbox Series X.

I always rescue but the waitlist for the shelters around here are too long and we were a wreck without an animal in the house.

2 days later I found a Golden Retriever pup in CT. It was from a breeder whom the lady knows dogs from (therapy dogs.)

Pretty pricey but worth it. I hate people [rofl]

Gimme dogs.

Liam, 3mo. (ENGLISH CREAM) Golden Retriever or white boi as I call him. My family is white as f*** now. Such racism wow.

2021-04-19_08-34-13_996.jpg

2021-04-19_08-35-14_085.jpg

2021-04-12_16-23-45_971.jpg

2021-04-13_15-18-56_041.jpg

Back
Top Bottom