Acquiring ammo?

I'm sure this doesn't apply to most of you here on NES 🤣 but hypothetically if you wanted to acquire more ammo, how can you buy it in MA right now if all the FFLs are temporarily shut down + major online businesses won't ship it directly to your doorstep because Maura gets upset? Only way to get it is private sale thru classifieds?

there are places that have flipped the middle finger towards the general direction of 1 Ashburton Place and will ship to MA when there is inventory to sell.

We do not name them publicly but it is not hard to figure out if you are a frequent reader of N.E.S.

Target Sports USA is the one and only exception to the rule of "DON'T TALK ABOUT WHO SHIPS AMMO TO MA". They had a run-in with Maura, tweaked their policies to require a scan of your LTC/FID, and now openly and officially ship ammo to MA. There are others too, but you'll have to figure them out for yourself.

Also, their prices are pretty great and under normal circumstances they have very fast shipping. Right now there are multi-week delays due to order volume.

I'm sure this doesn't apply to most of you here on NES 🤣 but hypothetically if you wanted to acquire more ammo, how can you buy it in MA right now if all the FFLs are temporarily shut down + major online businesses won't ship it directly to your doorstep because Maura gets upset? Only way to get it is private sale thru classifieds?
What calibers you looking for?

I ordered 10 crates of 5.45 when it was cheap, came through UPS..Probably 800 lbs lol

Friend ended up picking it up at the UPS terminal because the driver didnt want to mess with it.
That’s awesome

thinking here where no one really knows you could get you jammed...in the good way. take that with a grain of salt.

Wait what? I've been reading this forum for years and frequently traded with you good folks. Am I breaking some kind of hush hush etiquette on here or something? Things you aren't allowed to ask? If so I apologize and mods feel free to delete this thread.

make it yourself...duh.

Or, buy enough the first time and never have to worry about it ever again.
Amen. I am way too late to the manufacturing game, but am getting going. What I am most happy about is that I can purchase ammo components from perhaps 25 (or more) of the free states in this union, have it sent to my house, or more convenient locations, and make my own ammo.

moorah.jpg

Short drive to NH

No I'm all set but I was just thinking how in the world are people who didn't already stock up and don't reload supposed to find their gun food when hungry in MA.
most likely those not stocked up did not really need it anyway. If your new to this and buy 50 rounds every now and again and dont buy ammo ahead of time....well your doing it wrong.
If you happen to get your license between mid march and now. Its a tough road. I would call local FFL and see if they can do a parking lot sale like the liquor store.

If you been around long enough 2008 to present and still got caught with your pants down you really did not need the ammo that bad anyway.

My Dads system has kept me into a good supply of ammo
on monday if you think your going to the range on sunday buy 2x as much ammo as you will shoot for each cal/gun before friday.
So you have a 9mm hand gun you shoot 50 rounds you buy 100. 50 goes on the shelf. Next time you go you buy another 100 you shoot 50 you have 100 on the shelf now.

The key is to buy before you use. Also when money is available you can always bulk up. But never stop buying that replacement ammo. Also pick up ammo when ever it seems like a good deal.

When my dad passed I could not believe how many boxes of ammo he did not have guns for he accumulated. Most with Kmart price tags and I know it had to be on sale or clearance. I sold most of it off and did pretty well

Last edited:
1. Drive to a free state and buy wat you want
2. Buy online from vendors who aren't skeered of the ag (they are around)

No I'm all set but I was just thinking how in the world are people who didn't already stock up and don't reload supposed to find their gun food when hungry in MA.

[sarcasm] I'm confused, so please help a brother out. You OP are all set, which is great, but you're concerned for the "little people" who just didn't stock up on their "gun food"? Well, besides needing rounds for self defense, where are you going to go shooting? Public/Private ranges are closed along with gun shops. Unless you have your private range on your property, and I am so friggon jealous of those that do, where you going?

[/sarcasm]

Forgive my dry sense of humor as I might be coming down with something....

Jay

[sarcasm] I'm confused, so please help a brother out. You OP are all set, which is great, but you're concerned for the "little people" who just didn't stock up on their "gun food"? Well, besides needing rounds for self defense, where are you going to go shooting? Public/Private ranges are closed along with gun shops. Unless you have your private range on your property, and I am so friggon jealous of those that do, where you going?

[/sarcasm]

Forgive my dry sense of humor as I might be coming down with something....

Jay
May it not be Covid Jay my boy

Last edited:
oh oh, I got one!

[Jeff Foxworthy voice] When you get concerned about the standard load carrying capacity of your floor joists, then you might have enough ammo.

oh oh, I got one!

[Jeff Foxworthy voice] When you get concerned about the standard load carrying capacity of your floor joists, then you might have enough ammo.
Stack it along the perimeter of the outside walls >>>>> less chance of floor collapse. + A standard 21 cu. ft. refer weighs around 225 lbs you wouldn't even hesitate to put 2 refers in a room. Or 3 or 4 225 lb. friends. 500-1000 lbs. of ammo spread out along a wall, with no problem

Last edited:
May it not be Covid my Jay my boy

Thank you very much for your concern. I'm not to concerned yet, as I have my own test for the Chinesse Corona virus. I read somewhere on the Internet (so it must be true!) that one symptom of the virus is a "loss of taste". O.K., so every morning after I get up I pour and eat a teaspoon of Hershey's Chocolate sauce. As long as I can taste chocolate, then I figure I'm good to go for at least 24 hours. Say what you want, I'm still here on NES ranting, and still driving Mrs. a73elkyss up a friggon wall.
Advantage Jay.

[rockon]

Back
Top Bottom