ACOG, Anyone use both a TA31 and TA11

I have considered getting an ACOG for a few years but always back. I think I'm finally ready to give one a try.

Like most, I'm between the TA31F ACSS and the TA11F Chevron. The biggest drawback to the TA31 seems to be the eye relief (1.5"). Even though I shoot nose to charging handle I've never had an optic that close to my eye. To me this is the only potential drawback to this model. The TA11 seems like a nice all around choice. It does add quite a bit of weight over the TA31 but it doesn't have the option for the ACSS reticle which I kind of like. I would go with the Chevron style in this case.

One thing I noticed about the Trijicon reticles I mentioned is another post is that they are calibrated in meters. I don't see this as a deal breaker but all the reticles and bullet drops are calibrated to meters. The PA ACSS is calibrated in yards which is another plus to the ACSS reticle. I don't think I've read anyone say anything bad about the ACSS.

Anyone fortunate enough to own or try both? I know they are 2 very popular units and I think with some practice either would be a great choice. Unlike other optics due to the cost I'm really probably only stuck buying one of these.

Back
Top Bottom