• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Acme.Armament

We would undoubtedly need buckets of eye bleach to remove the visual pain inflicted on us by the spectacle of the average NES'er riding a bicycle in spandex!!

ride by on a lance armstrong bike in spandex--he loves to play with cyclists. [laugh]

I stopped in Acme for the first time today and met Adam and Nicole in person for the first time. Couldn't have been nicer people. Down to earth people, nice shop, great puppy to scratch behind the ear, and cool stuff. Epic facial hair. I coudn't grow that beard in a lifetime, length or density. I packed up my manhood and left it in the bin outside on the way out.

I talked their ears off, so for that I am sorry guys, but it is really cool talking to good gun store owners, unlike many in MA and a few in NH. They gave me some advice on a Marlin fix for a friend, and let me handle that awesome belt fed 22 upper.

I wish you guys all the luck and hope your business is very successful. I need to make it up for a bacon fest.

Adam and Nicole are beyond the nicest people, I won't go into too much detail, but last time I was in there I rightly should have deserved a few smacks, probably a strike from a rifle butt, and pistol whipped as Dad whizzed on my unconscious body.
Yet they were cool, and chuckled at my stupidity. Love the store, and love the people.

i had no previous knowledge or impression of this shop. i chose Acme from the sticky: gun shops in NH thread.
before entering i noticed a "gun are welcome" sign in the window:
Concealed-Carry-Sign-NHE-16347_300.gif

i noticed a german shepherd inside; feeling good entering the premise. passed the dog sniff test. the owner ignored my hello which on the count of not having been heard i followed by a casual greeting which was also ignored. the owner asked me something to the effect of whether there's anything specific i'm looking for. now i don't remember the exact wording but the tone caught me off guard because it sounded like "are you lost? wtf are you doing in my store?" maybe i gave him bad vibes.
having been told that what i was looking for was not in stock, i mentioned that i'll look around. the dog liked me and i liked the dog. while i looked around he brought his toy over and i played with him a bit under the glaring eyes of owner. i checked out a few things but got out soon enough because i felt that every second i'm overstaying my welcome.

to be honest i found the owner to be stiff and unfriendly: not necessarily rude, but definitely not personable. i'm surprised at all the positive reviews. oh well. not all personalities get along.

i had no previous knowledge or impression of this shop. i chose Acme from the sticky: gun shops in NH thread.
before entering i noticed a "gun are welcome" sign in the window:
Concealed-Carry-Sign-NHE-16347_300.gif

i noticed a german shepherd inside; feeling good entering the premise. passed the dog sniff test. the owner ignored my hello which on the count of not having been heard i followed by a casual greeting which was also ignored. the owner asked me something to the effect of whether there's anything specific i'm looking for. now i don't remember the exact wording but the tone caught me off guard because it sounded like "are you lost? wtf are you doing in my store?" maybe i gave him bad vibes.
having been told that what i was looking for was not in stock, i mentioned that i'll look around. the dog liked me and i liked the dog. while i looked around he brought his toy over and i played with him a bit under the glaring eyes of owner. i checked out a few things but got out soon enough because i felt that every second i'm overstaying my welcome.

to be honest i found the owner to be stiff and unfriendly: not necessarily rude, but definitely not personable. i'm surprised at all the positive reviews. oh well. not all personalities get along.

Bring a gift of bacon next time and Adam will be your friend!!

Sorry to hear this Adam. Always liked doing business with you when you were still in Mass. I wish you guys the best of luck.

Best wishes, Adam. I was thinking of both of you the other day when I drove past your old place in Plympton.

Yeah, had been sorry to see this. Bought my first handgun there, and would occasionally buy ammo just because I liked them. Between being a bit broke and the hours I just couldn't hit there as often as I'd like.

Been a long time since I had to deal with Acme Armament....
Adam a big thank you for pulling through.

Back
Top Bottom