ACLU defending "gun rights"

That's weird. I never got a letter like that. Maybe because I was too old already when I came here.

U.S Citizens only!
a. You are wrong, even the gun hating Supreme Court says so.
b. What part of unalienable right and/or fundamental right don't you get?

You think citizenship is what determines whether your rights exist?

Poof, they just revoked your citizenship for not conforming to Obama's American Ideals... No due process rights for you. No prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment. No right to a trial by jury. Certainly no right to keep and bear arms according to you.

People need to think this nonsense through.

U.S Citizens only!
Not according to federal law. 18 USC 922(g) prohibits firearm possession for illegals and restricts firearm possession for non-immigrants (a.k.a. visitors) to certain circumstances, but firearms possession is completely legal for immigrants at the federal level. States can restrict possession to Citizens only, but that is not consistent with federal law or with the Constitution. Here in Arizona a legal immigrant enjoys the same Constitutional Carry rights as a citizen, as it should be.

EDIT: And frankly, non-immigrants and illegals should be able to possess and carry as well. Yes, illegals should definitely be deported, but there shouldn't even been any gun laws on the books to charge them with in the first place if they were found to be in possession of one. Guns should be as unrestricted as Children's Tylenol.

Last edited:
The ACLU supports 1, and 3-10. That's it. As far as they're concerned, 2nd is not an individual right, that's they're interpretation of the Constitution and legal precedent be-damned.

a. You are wrong, even the gun hating Supreme Court says so.
b. What part of unalienable right and/or fundamental right don't you get?

You think citizenship is what determines whether your rights exist?

Poof, they just revoked your citizenship for not conforming to Obama's American Ideals... No due process rights for you. No prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment. No right to a trial by jury. Certainly no right to keep and bear arms according to you.

People need to think this nonsense through.

Didn't Comm2A win something against Boston for refusing to issue a LTC to a resident alien?

- - - Updated - - -

You guys complaining should go to the Worcester meeting tomorrow and let them have it!

whats in worchester?

U.S Citizens only!

Fail. Here is something I posted about this on a FB post regarding illegals and the 2A/self defense.

Our rights do not come from any document, decree, or king. They are inherent. They are given to us by our creator. And whether you do or do not believe in a higher power matters not because our mere existence is the reason for our rights.

Self defense is a natural right and no country or ruler will tell me otherwise.

Illegals broke a law (immigration law). Therefore they have committed a crime and are still committing said crime while they remain here. Are they allowed to defend themselves from citizen or other illegal who intends to commit a crime against them?

Of course they are!

This is no different from a citizen trespassing on your land (committing a crime) and being attacked by someone other than the land owner.

[video=youtube_share;GXVG2oaJ1c0]http://youtu.be/GXVG2oaJ1c0[/video]

Also consider animals. There is no law dictating what they can or cannot do. If an animal feels you are a threat it will defend itself against you. That is further proof that self defense is a natural right, inherent in our existence. And since the dawn of time man has used weapons to defend himself. A gun is just another tool we have crafted for the sole purpose of defending ourselves from nature and from each other.

Didn't Comm2A win something against Boston for refusing to issue a LTC to a resident alien?

Yes there is: Fletcher v. Haas http://www.comm2a.org/index.php/55-projects/103-fletcher

The thing Gun guys need to realize is that despite its origins as a liberal organization, the ACLU does a lot of good work.

Remember thses numbers 1245. Well, the ACLU suports 3 of the 4.

My gripe with the ACLU centers mostly on their fairly recent expansion into the area of commenting on private business behaviors, rather than just government.

Don

The thing Gun guys need to realize is that despite its origins as a liberal organization, the ACLU does a lot of good work.

Remember thses numbers 1245. Well, the ACLU suports 3 of the 4.

My gripe with the ACLU centers mostly on their fairly recent expansion into the area of commenting on private business behaviors, rather than just government.

Don
First, I agree, we need to find a way to use their powers and good intentions positively.

But...

Your last sentence gets to a philosophical problem they have in assuming that government is the answer to all problems. This approach has been devastating to many of the very communities they've claimed to champion.

Their irrational belief that the government is the solution to the problems government causes is at the heart of many well intentioned, but ultimately harmful things they've done.

Now that the centralized nanny-state that they've helped create has looped back to abuse everyone rather than just small groups of people, their agitation is becoming more and more applicable to everyone's daily lives.

They need to take the next step to libertarianism from liberalism and realise that people should be free to be "different" and government should not be allowed dictate culture, but that "tolerance" means "tolerating" jerks, just not giving them government backing to extend their reach.

As you say, we must distinguish between private and governmental institutions with a bright line or it is just another form of fascism (state enforced mono-culture).

Back
Top Bottom