• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ACE Skeleton Stock Foam Tube

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Does anyone have any comments about the durability of the foam tube used on the ACE Skeleton Stock? Does it last or is it easily damaged, requiring replacement?

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

The charging handle is going to rub and will start to remove the foam after a period of time. When I bought my Ace I also purchased extra foam for this exact reason.

Edit - this is on my AR, not sure if you were referring to another firearm

I had an ACE on my first iteration of an AR and the foam was destroyed pretty quickly. I wrapped the tube in paracord after I removed it.

What ed said, that foam aint going to last long, you going to end up putting paracord or sportstape or something on it. Or wrap that in GOOD lectrical tape like Super 33 or something when it starts to deteriorate.

-Mike

That foam is a tricky little bugger, put on properly, it should not rub the charging handle. You need to get it down to the receiver end, then work it to the rear of the stock as much as possible thinning it out under the charging handle. I've had good luck with mine, but a paracord wrap ain't too shabby either.

Or you can buy some black heat shrink tubing and put it over the foam lasts a long time

i used compressed air to put mine on and it was a breeze...hahah...pun...everyone get it? compressed air...breeze...no?

Yep, easy to install / remove with compressed air.

I've had mine on two different AR's, including ~4+ years so far on a .458 SOCOM. It's holding up fine.

Saw a picture of one wrapped in para cord, looked cool.
The ARs I have the ACE stocks on don't get used much so I can't say how long the foam will last, I have spares though.

Back
Top Bottom