• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

accidental shooting death at Mansfield Fish and Game

I feel for the family of the deceased. There's a cloud that will forever hang over the club. I hope I don't know the victim. RIP

Fox News just reported it as a suicide

How long before the town tries to capitalize on this to close the club?

Selfish people need to find better places to kill themselves.

MPD Facebook had a response from the SIL confirming that it was suicide.

My understanding is that MPD had no problem with the club and understood that there was no fault on the part of anyone else except the person who did the act.

I agree, go off in the woods somewhere so you don't place burdens on others or other companies/facilities. It's selfish to cause others harm just because you want a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this person's family as well as the poor guy that was with him at the club.

If you want to 'off' yourself that's your prerogative... Just go off in the middle of no-where and feed the wildlife. Don't force others to deal with your mess.

Very sad, but does bring more awareness to mental health issues. I don't think anyone realizes how many people with depression never get help. I guess the question is how to identify someone who needs it. My heart also goes out to the family and friends as well as the Mansfield club members. This is very tough to deal with I am sure...

And to those who call it selfish.... STFU until you walk in another man's shoes and bear his burdens. How disrespectful.

The selfish part is doing it in public or where you directly impact others. Taking your own life is not selfish. It may, in fact, be your best option depending on your situation.

If you want to 'off' yourself that's your prerogative... Just go off in the middle of no-where and feed the wildlife. Don't force others to deal with your mess.

The selfish part is doing it in public or where you directly impact others. Taking your own life is not selfish. It may, in fact, be your best option depending on your situation.

I agree with both of the above. The trauma of forcing another person to see you do it and carry that burden for life (the "what if I refused to go with him, would he still be alive", "how could I have prevented this if I had just done x or y" self-doubts) is unfair to others.

I did know a few people who committed suicide but they did it by themselves and left no mess for others to deal with. It still hurts those left behind deeply, but it is a lesser hurt than forcing them to watch but be powerless to stop it.

And to those who call it selfish.... STFU until you walk in another man's shoes and bear his burdens. How disrespectful.

Selfish is the kindest of the words I was considering in that sentence if this really was a suicide.

RIP to the deceased, and my sympathies to his friends, family, and whoever had to find his mess and clean it up.

Last edited:
Sounds like the guy was there by himself and wound up dead. Do they have cameras there? His friends/family will know what his state of mind was, but unless he left a note or some other clue we may never know what really happened.

Sounds like the guy was there by himself and wound up dead. Do they have cameras there? His friends/family will know what his state of mind was, but unless he left a note or some other clue we may never know what really happened.

He was not by himself (hence my comments about being selfish above). Cameras were mounted prior to building caving in almost 4 years ago but with no building there is no system and electricity to hook them up. SIL posting on MPD Facebook implies that either he left a note somewhere or had made it clear that he was a suicide risk to someone prior to this tragedy. Also a final comment attributed to MPD in the Attleboro Sun article I read was that MPD claimed that it was a suicide.

Back
Top Bottom