• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Accessories for a Remington 870

So the wifey bought me an 870 Super Mag. I know, I know, she should have got me a Wingmaster. I know how many of you feel of newer Remingtons. Regardless...I now have an 870.

I will be using the 870 for hunting in MA. What accessories do you recommend adding on? Links would be appreciated.

I'd prefer not to do any drilling for slings and I'd prefer not to be forced to buy a smaller forend for the saddles that appear too big with the one that came with it. The only ones I have seen that may work are made of fabric but cover the sling mounts.

I don't think I need a scope since most shots will most likely be w/in 50 yards though I have thought about ghost ring sites but they would be annoying if I ever wanted to shoot clays. I'd definitely be interested in replacing the front bead sight.

I know nothing about shotguns so any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have one in sexy Max4 camo.
Haven't upgraded anything, though I will likely add a mag extension soon.
I looked into mounting sling swivels. I'm not sure any drilling is required, could be wrong though.

I just bought a Specter Gear sling for my Wingmaster. It doesn't require any drilling and is easy to adjust. It might be a little tactical for duck hunting, but like I said no drilling.

I also bought a 4 shell sideplate holder that I have yet to install. Brownell's has a 6 shell variant, but it would have interfered with my forend so I went with the 4. I think it was this one.

bringing this thread back from the abyss. Looking to replace the front bead and add a rear sight. Not interested in drilling if at all possible. Any suggestions besides buying a new barrel that comes with sight installed or pre drilled?

Back
Top Bottom