• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Acadia + Concealed Carry?

jtc

Looking for some info regarding the new law that went through (or is going through) up in ME that prohibits handguns from Acadia. I've read a few different sources and it leads me to believe that persons with a Maine Concealed Permit ARE allowed to carry within Acadia. Am I reading this correctly???

The new law ony applies top Acadia. The rest of fed lands in the state follow regular state law. The difference now with Acadia is that open carry is not legal. But CCW with a ME CCW permit is legal.

Thanks, that's how I was reading the law too, just wanted to confirm.

I was actually up there over Patriots' Day weekend. Just remember that you can't CCW in the ranger stations as they are a federal building, they have signs at all the doors stating so.

Last edited:
The rest of fed lands in the state follow regular state law

This is good, because my land is adjacent to some of this property that 20 years ago was my uncle's land, but it was purchased by a wealthy family nearby and donated to create a permanent privacy barrier around their land. I was worried about the potential of roaming into Fed land.

Back
Top Bottom