• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Academy Sports will regret this.

One of us should design an anti theft device that shocks and paralyses scumbags with a push of a button. Kinda like a metal detector, but delivers 10000 volts. Push a button and the thief is zapped like a moth in a bug zapper. Then stand around a laugh as the perp pisses and shits in his pants.

Kinda like... a stun gun?

you see, this goes against the anti's agenda. They needed another stolen gun on the streets so that once someone is shot or killed with the stolen firearm they can claim we need more gun control. They may even say the thief/thug bought the gun at a gun show in Indiana without a background check being done. You know...that "gun show loophole" theory….The manager interfered with that agenda by not allowing the thief/thug to get away with the firearm. So the obvious thing to do is fire the guy. God forbid they praise him as he most likely stopped some innocent citizen or even a cop from being shot and perhaps killed.

I was thinking much larger scale. Like the anti theft devices that sound an alarm when the cashier forgets to remove the security tag, only my version would simply electrocute the perp. Alarm optional...

Until the kid at the counter isn't paying attention and fails to remove the anti-theft device on the item you are purchasing! I can't tell you how many times I have gone to walk out of the store after paying for an item, and either having the alarm go off or getting home to find the tag still in place

Like some have mentioned, this is a pretty common policy for large chain stores. My mom used to work part time at Kohls, and they have the same policy. Sales associates were not allowed to stop thieves, only the security guard could do that.

Makes me wonder why they have an armed security guard at the Comcast office in Delray when there's essentially nothing to steal.

Makes me wonder why they have an armed security guard at the Comcast office in Delray when there's essentially nothing to steal.

Given the quality of their customer service and business practices I'd say it's for protecting the employees from being assaulted.

Don't they have equipment and cash there? Probably just protecting the investment.

Given the quality of their customer service and business practices I'd say it's for protecting the employees from being assaulted.

Or this. Can't get people to come to work if they're under constant threat of being mugged.

Back
Top Bottom