• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

absolutly pissed! **update

I got a call from my PD stating they are putting a restriction on my license. They said I was given unrestricted "by mistake." Can they do this BS??

Today is Friday, somehow from the time they called me (tuesday) they were able to add restrictions and get a new card printed. Amazing! Figuring it takes 6 months to process the original application.

The sad thing is that just proves the "back log" that PD's claim to have is total BS

It might be worth contacting comm2A, your right to carry is their business
About us - Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. (comm2a.org)

Already did. Waiting for feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

What if your lincence number changed??? You won't be able to buy anything because your old number is invalid. They prolly changed it so you would have to come in and get the new one...

I "lost" my wallet. Can I just renew in a different city?

From what I hear, until you turn in your license or it expires, Medford "owns" your license and is responsible for it. If you moved and tried to get your restrictions removed, your new town would have to talk to Medford, and they likely would deny the request.

I got a call from my PD stating they are putting a restriction on my license. They said I was given unrestricted "by mistake." Can they do this BS??

Today is Friday, somehow from the time they called me (tuesday) they were able to add restrictions and get a new card printed. Amazing! Figuring it takes 6 months to process the original application.

What did you do to get a restricted?Was it some sort of altercation?

Like LenS said, it's what is in the computer that matters, not what the little card you hold in your hand says. If you carry and they run your information, you are creating a serious situation that may end up with you being a prohibited person for ever.

Medford sucks, move away from the cesspool and be happy.

This is correct. Not certain about PP outcome, but MPD would likely revoke your LTC if you refused to "cooperate"!

From what I hear, until you turn in your license or it expires, Medford "owns" your license and is responsible for it. If you moved and tried to get your restrictions removed, your new town would have to talk to Medford, and they likely would deny the request.

Won't work. See noxin's reply.

Go get your new license or move to another state, changing towns will do little to remove restrictions. For PD to do all this there must be something otherwise they wouldn't go out of their way change your LTC.

Go get your new license or move to another state, changing towns will do little to remove restrictions. For PD to do all this there must be something otherwise they wouldn't go out of their way change your LTC.

Yeah, the Mayor and Chief of Police in Medford think only the elite (special friends, police, and retired police) qualify for an unrestricted LTC. Yet, reportedly, there was a fatal shooting at home of a Medford Police Officer in Stoneham this week. Wanna bet no suitability impact there?

They told me that there was someone else in charge of licensing and they saw that I am unrestricted. I have had my license for three years unrestricted!! What the ****!

Are you saying that three years after Medford issued your license they suddenly restricted you? Or was this a recent renewal and you have moved to Medford since?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The Detective that was doing the licensing went out on leave middle of last year. I have no doubt they're going back and reviewing unrestricteds and pulling them back in.

He didn't, they assigned a new officer and an "intern" to handle LTC apps as of November of last year.

He didn't, they assigned a new officer and an "intern" to handle LTC apps as of November of last year.

I see. Still wondering where the OP had his license issued from when it was unrestricted, and when the new full time LO came on/started reviewing these things. If it was 3 years ago, it wouldn't have been processed by the temporary guy who was in place if it was Medford. Probably would have been the original guy.

Last edited:
I see. Still wondering where the OP had his license issued from when it was unrestricted, and when the new full time LO came on/started reviewing these things. If it was 3 years ago, it wouldn't have been processed by the temporary guy who was in place if it was Medford. Probably would have been the original guy.

The guy I went through when I got my license was a real cool guy (sometimes smelled like booze, but who doesnt?) Haha the new guy is pretty anal about it. They have a 20 year old intern doing everything on the second floor.

Medford renewal - suggestions?

Hi all (new to NE Shooters!)

I have to renew (three months before expiry) in Medford. My original LTC, no restrictions, was in Arlington. No background issues, belong to Mass Rifle, self-employed.

Anyone else chime in on things in Medford? A friend just got an LTC, no restrictions, so I guess it *is* possible.

I have to renew (three months before expiry) in Medford. My original LTC, no restrictions, was in Arlington. No background issues, belong to Mass Rifle, self-employed.

Anyone else chime in on things in Medford? A friend just got an LTC, no restrictions, so I guess it *is* possible.

The general feedback I've heard that, historically, on renewal they would remove restrictions. I'm still 4 years from that point, so I don't have first hand knowledge. The self-employed/business owner may help you keep your unrestricted as well.

Good luck.

Any resolution to this?

Medford's "old deal" was that they would only try to bone people on original issue. Renewals don't downgrade generally there, but it's still considered a red town... for the type of thing the OP went through.

-Mike

Nothing ever really came of it... I still have my LTC that says "unrestricted." They called me that one day and told me to come pick up my "newly restricted" license... ive been carrying everyday... I was pulled over right before thanksgiving and had a pleasent conversation with the trooper about carrying .357 glock vs a .40 glock... so.... nothing really has changed..

Nothing ever really came of it... I still have my LTC that says "unrestricted." They called me that one day and told me to come pick up my "newly restricted" license... ive been carrying everyday... I was pulled over right before thanksgiving and had a pleasent conversation with the trooper about carrying .357 glock vs a .40 glock... so.... nothing really has changed..

Did they cancel your old license in order to re-issue the new, neutered, one?

Was about to say "**** yeah, stick it to the man!" but then you went on about talking to the police [sad]

Medford's "old deal" was that they would only try to bone people on original issue. Renewals don't downgrade generally there, but it's still considered a red town... for the type of thing the OP went through.

-Mike

When I received my restricted license from medford this past June, my attorney spoke with the licensing officer in an attempt to negotiate into something better. I had made a strong case for unrestricted including a letter from my employer validating my claim of "need" and should have been issued unrestricted. I realize I should have been issued unrestricted by virtue of just applying for an LTC, but this is Medford -- a place where freedom died long ago.

What my attorney was told was that while Medford had become a bit lenient in the previous couple of years, the CoP has decided to tighten issuance of unrestricted and limit it to business owners carrying large sums of cash, PERIOD. Unless you fit that profile, you will not be issued an unrestricted LTC on first issue, not on renewal, not ever! Chief Sacco's attitude is basically, "If you don't like it, go ahead and try to sue me."

Let's not forget that Sacco serves at the pleasure of Mayor McGlynn, McGlynn is a proud member of Bloomberg's MAIG, and Sacco has personally attended anti gun events in DC. Until there is a drastic change in the City's leadership, or intervening court rulings, things are not likely to change anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom