absolutly pissed! **update

So you are telling me that if a town gets a new Chief of Police. The new Chief can revoke everyone's LTC and then put restrictions on them if he/she wanted?

I'm at a loss for words. This is absolutely pathetic, but not even a little surprising. I'd get a the hell out of dodge if it were me. **** em! Anyway, good luck.

OK, first, my Medford neighbor, McGlynn is a proud member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns (and legal ones too), and if you had close enough "family connections". you wouldn't even be posting here. (not saying your family doesn't "know" him, but "knowing" the mayor well??.....literally everyone in this town "knows" McGlynn. A good guy, but a politician nonetheless. If you were "tight" at all with the family, you'd just make a phone call(s) and this would go away. (but what does THAT say about this f**ked up state? That you have to be a friend of the mayor to exercise a right that "shall not be infringed" according to the Constitution of our land, the only time in the bill of rights that the term "shall not be infringed" is used, too, but, I digress!!).......

If you ignore the issue, it more than likely won't affect you immediately. They're not going to come to your home and demand it. But renewal time is obviously going to be an issue, and if you move to another Mass. town, the licensing officer who is diligent will contact Medford just for the sake of being thorough....I know, they're "too busy to do that" as they say, but we're less than a year removed from Newtown/SandyHook and the mainstream media has us as already portrayed as the worst villains on the planet, the scum of the earth.

Give them a few more years, and a few more Bloomberg-ish victories (NY, CT, Maryland, Colorado etc etc) and you'll be able to get a license to practice medicine or law easier than a license to carry. They will be checking EVERYTHING more diligently, just to take away our "constitutionally protected", "uninfringable" rights.

If you were called by the Medford PD, was it by the licensing detective himself, or a clerk, or the janitor? If it was a clerk, maybe THEY had their facts incorrect and were supposed to contacting John Smith instead of John Schmidt, to tell him of their "mistake"...Get my point? If it were a PRESSING issue, you wouldn't have been told ANYTHING over the phone....The detective would have asked you to "please come to the station at an appointed day and time to discuss an issue regarding your firearm license", you would have been asked to sit down and produce your license, and he would have stated to you on the spot "There was a mistake, you should have received restrictions, therefore this is not valid". If it were that serious a matter, that's more than likely how it would've gone down.

Your options? In my opinion lawyer up IMMEDIATELY, because let's go for the hypothetical (though not so hypothetical if you've walked around Medford lately, a formerly nice, quiet, "safe" town...Take a stroll from Meadow Glen mall through Shaw's parking lot and cut through the high rise section 8 apartments, or walk down Central Ave at midnite after the bus drops you on the Fellsway. Tell me how "safe and quiet" our town still is??

So, God forbid, you're in the liquor store on Salem Street this weekend and two of the drug addicted punks in the gang my 8 year old son and I walked past the other evening decide that you're easy prey, and pull a knife on you, or grab your daughter, etc. They're armed, you draw. You "win" the confrontation, unfortunately by shooting the scumbag who had your daughter at knifepoint til she partially broke free and gave you a clear shot, which you took. And dropped him. Non-fatal wound, but he's hospitalized for weeks and partially paralyzed by the 9mm hollow point that "brutally tore through his spine" (as his lawyer will eventually be pointing out to the Dukakis-appointed judge).

You'll first be arrested. Then on to trial. And you'll go before a judge in Middlesex Superior Court, in CAMBRIDGE. The prosecution calls the Medford police detectives to the stand. Opening salvo of questions are about your license to carry a firearm.
See where I'm going with this???

After conviction (or even acquittal!!!), you'll then be sued in civil by the "poor young lad's" family, for depriving the young man of a chance at "redeeming" himself in society. After all, he was just starting to get his life back together, until YOU had the audacity to take your daughter for an ice cream at the shop beside the liquor store, you evil man you....You evil, evil man who ignored the janitor at the police station who called you to tell you they messed up on your license....

This begs the question of whether the physical card someone has in their possession carries any weight compared to the information in the system. If the PD changes it's records to indicate that an individual's LTC is restricted, would it matter what the physical LTC actually says? Say you really didn't get the phone call, or the PD didn't even bother notifying you. Which would carry more weight, the actual card in your possession or the PD's records?

I don't doubt this BS happens in MA, but it sounds a little hinky that they'd just call you and tell you this over the phone...Sure nobody's just playing a shitty prank on you?

Honestly, "Phone call, what phone call?" I'm rather confused sir as I have in my possession an LTC with NO RESTRICTIONS! I never received a "Phone Call" Like others have said, why wouldn't they have called the guy into the station and do something they deem "critical" face to face? Or send something to him registered mail so the PD would have documentation/proof if the request to turn in the LTC was refused? This smells like a big pile of bullshit!

The End

This begs the question of whether the physical card someone has in their possession carries any weight compared to the information in the system. If the PD changes it's records to indicate that an individual's LTC is restricted, would it matter what the physical LTC actually says? Say you really didn't get the phone call, or the PD didn't even bother notifying you. Which would carry more weight, the actual card in your possession or the PD's records?

What is in the computer system (MIRCS) is all that matters. If they indeed did change your restriction, FRB will issue a replacement card to the PD and then to you. What you have in your hand is irrelevant if it does not jive with the info in MIRCS.

If moving out of MA isn't an option for you, at least move out of that town.

I just can't believe after 3 years of having an unrestricted LTC, they're going to now bust you down for no other reason than "Oh we weren't supposed to give you that... 3 years ago." [rolleyes]

Are you attending one of the public hearings to testify?

This needs to be brought ot light as the police had a person at the first hearing to ask for discretionary FIDs - we need to show the insane abuses that people are exposed to.

If this is confirmed, I will add it to my testimony but would be much better if the OP shows up and testifies at one or more of the hearings

Its amazing. They just called me today to tell me the updated license is in. Took 6 months for them to process the original application and 3 days, and a holiday, to get an updated license.

absolutly pissed!

Its amazing. They just called me today to tell me the updated license is in. Took 6 months for them to process the original application and 3 days, and a holiday, to get an updated license.

Come on over to Spencer, its a nice little town and our chief is cool. You could have an LTC-A no restrictions in no time [mg]

Come on over to Spencer, its a nice little town and our chief is cool. You could have an LTC-A no restrictions in no time
I am definitly moving before the end of the year. I got to convince the old lady to go to NH [smile]
Plenty of room once you get past the border commuter towns, and if the chief tries to jack you around, he can end up paying your attorney out of his own pocket :)

Now is the time to plan a vacation up here, get her sold on the wonderful summers and maybe she won't think about the winters.

damn.....i'm scared now!
OK, first, my Medford neighbor, McGlynn is a proud member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns (and legal ones too), and if you had close enough "family connections". you wouldn't even be posting here. (not saying your family doesn't "know" him, but "knowing" the mayor well??.....literally everyone in this town "knows" McGlynn. A good guy, but a politician nonetheless. If you were "tight" at all with the family, you'd just make a phone call(s) and this would go away. (but what does THAT say about this f**ked up state? That you have to be a friend of the mayor to exercise a right that "shall not be infringed" according to the Constitution of our land, the only time in the bill of rights that the term "shall not be infringed" is used, too, but, I digress!!).......

If you ignore the issue, it more than likely won't affect you immediately. They're not going to come to your home and demand it. But renewal time is obviously going to be an issue, and if you move to another Mass. town, the licensing officer who is diligent will contact Medford just for the sake of being thorough....I know, they're "too busy to do that" as they say, but we're less than a year removed from Newtown/SandyHook and the mainstream media has us as already portrayed as the worst villains on the planet, the scum of the earth.

Give them a few more years, and a few more Bloomberg-ish victories (NY, CT, Maryland, Colorado etc etc) and you'll be able to get a license to practice medicine or law easier than a license to carry. They will be checking EVERYTHING more diligently, just to take away our "constitutionally protected", "uninfringable" rights.

If you were called by the Medford PD, was it by the licensing detective himself, or a clerk, or the janitor? If it was a clerk, maybe THEY had their facts incorrect and were supposed to contacting John Smith instead of John Schmidt, to tell him of their "mistake"...Get my point? If it were a PRESSING issue, you wouldn't have been told ANYTHING over the phone....The detective would have asked you to "please come to the station at an appointed day and time to discuss an issue regarding your firearm license", you would have been asked to sit down and produce your license, and he would have stated to you on the spot "There was a mistake, you should have received restrictions, therefore this is not valid". If it were that serious a matter, that's more than likely how it would've gone down.

Your options? In my opinion lawyer up IMMEDIATELY, because let's go for the hypothetical (though not so hypothetical if you've walked around Medford lately, a formerly nice, quiet, "safe" town...Take a stroll from Meadow Glen mall through Shaw's parking lot and cut through the high rise section 8 apartments, or walk down Central Ave at midnite after the bus drops you on the Fellsway. Tell me how "safe and quiet" our town still is??

So, God forbid, you're in the liquor store on Salem Street this weekend and two of the drug addicted punks in the gang my 8 year old son and I walked past the other evening decide that you're easy prey, and pull a knife on you, or grab your daughter, etc. They're armed, you draw. You "win" the confrontation, unfortunately by shooting the scumbag who had your daughter at knifepoint til she partially broke free and gave you a clear shot, which you took. And dropped him. Non-fatal wound, but he's hospitalized for weeks and partially paralyzed by the 9mm hollow point that "brutally tore through his spine" (as his lawyer will eventually be pointing out to the Dukakis-appointed judge).

You'll first be arrested. Then on to trial. And you'll go before a judge in Middlesex Superior Court, in CAMBRIDGE. The prosecution calls the Medford police detectives to the stand. Opening salvo of questions are about your license to carry a firearm.
See where I'm going with this???

After conviction (or even acquittal!!!), you'll then be sued in civil by the "poor young lad's" family, for depriving the young man of a chance at "redeeming" himself in society. After all, he was just starting to get his life back together, until YOU had the audacity to take your daughter for an ice cream at the shop beside the liquor store, you evil man you....You evil, evil man who ignored the janitor at the police station who called you to tell you they messed up on your license....

Target/hunting. Im not picking that shit up.

Like LenS said, it's what is in the computer that matters, not what the little card you hold in your hand says. If you carry and they run your information, you are creating a serious situation that may end up with you being a prohibited person for ever.

Medford sucks, move away from the cesspool and be happy.

Back
Top Bottom